Re: Greetings!

Hello everyone! 

I'm so glad I was recommended this website. I cannot wait to read all of your incredible stories and learn more about writing. 

I'm a lover of movies, videogames, novels, manga, anime, manhwa, and all other creative forms of storytelling. I'm a photographer full time but have enjoyed writing since I was a kid. I've mostly written in the screenplay format, but I've been longing to add more in-depth detail and generally write longer storylines that don't work in the SP format, so I decided to jump into the world of novel writing :) 

I'm currently working and publishing chapters for my story The Greatest Noob - if you see it I would love to hear your honest feedback on it!

Have an awesome day :) 

Best,

Blue Hour

@Cinn Thank you! I'm just happy to have finally found a community like this. And from everything I've seen so far, everyone seems to be really nice and helpful. 

I'll for sure check out that self-promotion page, but I'm with you. I just want to have fun posting, engaging, and learning with the community :) 

Welcome to Royal Road. Congrats on taking the plunge into novel writing. Seems to me that the biggest difference between screen plays and novel is that in a screen play you must show every action while in a novel some of that can be left to a readers imagination allowing you to create more detailed world and characters. I hope your story does well. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. Congrats on taking the plunge into novel writing. Seems to me that the biggest difference between screen plays and novel is that in a screen play you must show every action while in a novel some of that can be left to a readers imagination allowing you to create more detailed world and characters. I hope your story does well. Good luck.

Thank you! 

You are absolutely correct. With Screenplays, it's an art of including just the right amount of detail without putting too much. The goal is for the script to read like butter. The more detail/imagery you put it, the longer it takes to read. And that's what I love about novels - it's the freedom of choice. It's much easier to create a world in a novel than in a screenplay IMO. 

Appreciate the good vibes! I'll for check check out some of your work :) 

Sarius Wrote: Welcome!

It's great to see new passionate people filtering onto RR. I hope you enjoy your experiences writing here, I've found that much of RR is a generally very responsive crowd in comparison to other places.

Hope to see you around!

Thank you!

So far I've gotten some awesome feedback and friendly critiques - which is very encouraging :) For sure a great community. 

You as well! 

Blank_Thought Wrote: Welcome, Sir!

Check this thread ===> https://www.royalroad.com/support/faq
It will give you all the necessary details to make it here ^^

I just checked your work, it reminds me of Sword Art Online! I love it!

I hope that you'll find what you are looking for on RR. This is the best community ever!

Welcome again!

Thanks for the tip, I'll check the FAQ out!

And thanks! For sure an inspiration :) 

I just got here, but I'm already blown away by how friendly and helpful everyone is. Happy to be here!

Thank you for the warm welcome.