Re: What do you like to read?

My tastes of fiction change faster than I would like them to. Last month I exclusively read professionally edited LitRPG from amazon kindle(Stuff like the completionist and The Land). Last week it was exclusively romance fanfiction(as I have decency no names will be provided). Today it was this very serious book about life as we know it(Horse destroys the universe).

If I had to sum it up, I would just say good old fantasy. Maybe some sci-fi to sprinkle on top with. Nothing including harems though.

I've always been partial to sci-fi and fantasy, though I have branched out in other genres when the mood is right.  But I love a good space opera, the more like Firefly the better.  There's something about that scenario that just clicks with me like nothing else.  Take a rag-tag, down on their luck crew, put them in a scrappy ship and send them on adventures at the edge of known space, and I'm sold.

When it comes to fantasy, I love a good journey.  The political intrigue and noble wheeling and dealing tends to bore me too much.  I love the idea of a fellowship traversing picturesque landscapes and going on adventures on their way to saving the world.  Anything that's like Conan the Barbarian, LOTR or the Shannara stories.

And I also dabble in parallel world and alternate history stories.

Lately, sword and sorcery, mostly shorter stuff. Conan the Cimerian by Robert E. Howard. Not those other guys. I also like high fantasy. I'm reading the last book in the Lightbringer series now. It's 900 pages. I might read Rythm of War, but recently I've decided Sanderson is a woke hack, so maybe not? I also like thrillers. Jonathan Maberry writes these past paced end of the world, dark cabal, gene virus, thrillers. They have super soldiers and zombies and stuff, so they're pretty good even though the settings are largely contemporary.