This thread is locked

Re: January Thread - Promote your Story

There is a new subforum for fiction promotion https://www.royalroad.com/forums/5689, you can use that as well as this thread. 

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available) and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. Which is why this new thread for self-promotions is going to be monthly based(to not overflow it). At the start of the next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!   

The Primordial Tower 

A tower climber with a completely normal protagonist.....

...... And a not so normal Demi-God companion

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/38151/the-primordial-tower

Did.... Did I finally get first? Woo hoo lol. 

Synopsis:

[Note: The Eternal Lion is NOT the protagonist of the story.]

The Eternal Lion, Conqueror of the 98th floor, Paragon of Destruction watched in horror as his companions were slain, one by one, by "that" existence. Humanity had made a fundamental mistake from the beginning, for this was no fair trial. 

His rage knew no bounds, but alas it was to no avail. The only reason he still drew breath was because of 'that' existences' twisted desire to make him watch as it slowly killed the last of his loyal companions.
He only saw one final glimmer of hope to overturn this accursed outcome, which lay in the reward for completing the hidden piece on the 98th floor.  

[The Inheritance]

Allow your knowledge and experience to flow back in the river of time, back to the beginning of the Primordial Tower's awakening on Earth. Entrust the fate of humanity to one of your kind.
Cost of Activation: Erasure of existence from the river of time. 

To think that all his efforts would only lead to becoming a stepping stone for another. With a final roar in defiance, he activated the skill. 

"Let the roar of the eternal lion tear through the boundaries of time"

I'm getting near to the end of my current main project. It should be finishing within the next month or so.

Part mystery, part progression, part self-discovery, but mostly fantasy. Lots of worldbuilding and lore. :)

First person past, single protag.
Some fighting, but not the main focus
No romance

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1607147640

I was a commoner, from a bloodline that could never grant me the magic power which defines the nobility. Until the day I witnessed a brutal, deadly encounter between two nobles, and woke up the next day with the unmistakable glow of power in my blood.

Suddenly, my life changed. I couldn't possibly conceal my new status, couldn't hide the powerstone's glow within me. A hasty charade might be enough to survive, but I needed to somehow gain allies within the nobility if I were to thrive. The only thing I had that could be worth anything is my knowledge of what happened that bloody night when everything changed.

If I could solve the mystery, bring the killer to justice, maybe that would be enough to gain acceptance within the nobility.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FdWHjmRG.png
Hands Held in the Snow is the story of two queer kids in love.

Aspiring priest Beatrice dreams of saving the world. Delinquent debutante Emi dreads her looming engagement to a distant noblewoman. A chance meeting in a library ignites a flame of love in their hearts. But, as the pair explore the wintery city of Balarand and each other, they must contend with their relationship’s uncertain future. Only by walking together hand-in-hand can they face these obstacles for the sake of their futures.

Full story complete! Featuring full in-story illustrations by Mikayla Buan

Read it here!

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIYBVv4n.png

Thief of Time

Synopsis:
Claud Primus, a self-declared master thief, has a simple goal. To live forever. It's a rather easy task, for miraculous objects called lifestones are able to extend one's lifespan. These lifestones are best found in the treasuries of nobles, lovely resorts that Claud pays a visit to every so often. Unfortunately, one of those nightly visits go awry, and Claud is forced to escape with just a single lifestone and a box in hand.
Normally, that's when things die down. The guards yawn, the gates close, and the night continues.
But this time, the night isn't that forgiving. A dozen schemes result in the murder of someone important, and with a convenient scapegoat — Claud — at hand, it doesn't take long for him to be framed as a heinous criminal, wanted for the indirect murder of someone high up...and it just gets worse from there.

Why would you read this?

- If you want a fresh take on the Litrpg genre
- If you want characters that aren't bland
- If you want works with great grammar
- If you want to read something that updates every 2/3 days

Legend of the Lost Star

Synopsis for Book 9 (You can view the other synopses by following the link above):

Gazing out at the Orb of old, Gaius ponders his destiny and the great stakes with it. Time and again, he has led a life of choices, making one after another for the sake of those he cares about. His latest choice, however, carries implications of an immeasurable scale. Charged with the protection of the future, all that awaits him is an eternal solitude...
On the other side of the false world, a single star shines, one whose light is meant to protect. Gemini, who has long found a homeland in the form of Ark City, has spent years defending it with friends and family alike. However, an inexorable end is approaching. The day the Great Divide falls looms ever closer. At the crossroads of destiny, when the chains of fate bind him fully, what will the last Constellation choose?

And what will his choice mean for the rest of the Five Lands?

Why would you read this?

- If you want to read a very long work. Currently, it has over 500k words on RR, with 8 completed volumes and a ninth currently releasing.
- If you want a fresh take on the Isekai genre
- A realistic take on what people from Earth bring to the table in a new world
- If you like vast worldbuilding

Like Asviloka, I’m also about to conclude a book, which may appeal to some readers. My soft sci-fi series is an introspective narrative centering around an android and questions of humanity and meaning; the primary draw is that I’m having an actual AI heavily contribute to the android’s dialogue, with oftentimes surprising results: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35783/amie-android

On the other hand, my large scale, reincarnation/fantasy story is still in its introductory phases at chapter fifteen. If you want action, I recommend holding off for now, while readers in search of a methodical, elaborate build up and “novelesque quality” (as several people have been kind enough to suggest in the reviews and comments) may be interested in taking an early peek: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36157/selenas-reign-the-golden-gryphon

Did you get a new pfp Wing? I love it.

Anyway, here’s my shameless self promo:

Tired of murder hobo mcs? Want to read a litrpg that isn’t just about grinding, but still has a fair amount of grinding? Interested in an isekai that isn’t actually an isekai? These aren’t actually hooks but I made them sound like hooks.

Check out my Demon evolution fic, Salvos! It’s the story of a Demon girl, born in the Netherworld where she has to fight, learn, and evolve to survive. I currently do not have the isekai tag because of fear of 0.5 stars since it’s only technically an isekai lmao. But I’m considering adding it in the future.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37438/salvos 

Gather around, you readers! Young and old, dames and knights, lords and ladies. For it is time for a story that shall quake your hearts. 

It will make your blood boil. It will make you cower in fear. It will show you a new and exciting world. 

This is a tale of knights and healers, of sword and magic, of monsters and ghosts, of loyalty and betrayal. But above all else - it is the story of two wounded hearts. This is the tale of The Beast and The Swallow as it has been told through ages past. 

https%3A%2F%2Fimages-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773...ZDcymKuIFY

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37108/death-in-siberia-the-last-woman-on-earth

In an alternate timeline, a military officer and the self-proclaimed ‘last woman on Earth’ embark on a journey to uncover the truth behind a world without women.

Alexei Vronsky is having a hard time coping with reality after his comrade was killed in battle and his army stuck in a prolonged siege, but that’s the least of his problems. He finds an intruder in his room, who claims to be ‘the last woman on Earth’. She doesn’t seem to have the slightest clue about the world, the ongoing war, and keeps referring to Russia as ‘the land above the snow’. As they get to know each other, Alexei Vronsky has to face a difficult choice: either abandon his secret mission to join the woman on an adventure to face the unknown, or turn her in to fulfill his loyalty towards the State.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37670/everyone-is-a-superhero-apart-from-me

Welcome to Loktharma, where everybody is a superhero from birth. That makes Eugene De Lavet the most special of them all. At eighteen years old, he still has no clue what his superpower is.

Loktharma has never been a fair world. There are Worldbreakers who were born to brandish the power of the universe, warp time-space, destroy lands and continents. There are Craftmasters who control the elements and terrorize countries with their might and wits. There are Commoners who could are only gifted with power for the finer arts, architecture, military arts, or small-scale elemental manipulation. Even in an unjust world like Loktharma, there is always one constant: everyone is assigned a Flair since birth; the power to do something extraordinary.

And then there's Eugene. He's been running around in a secluded forest since birth, training and sparring his ass off. While he can wield a blade better than most at his age, he certainly can't throw a giant boulder using the power of his mind, or turn his skin into diamonds. He has no Flair, no purpose for leveling up his stats, and no idea why General Rizeni Baggardo keeps him confined inside a forest for eighteen years.

At least until Lord Pyro—the Craftmaster of Duneroi—unleashes his fury on the forest, searching for a treasure Eugene doesn't even know exists. On a frantic escape for his life, Eugene starts to realize he was a part of something he's been completely oblivious to until now. Along with his companions, Melodi and Azra, he travels the land and unveils the secrets of the world.

Maroon Odyssey 

This is the story of a myriad group of characters who had the misfortune of being passengers on a plane that crashed in the remote mountains of a fantasy world. They now have to survive the harsh environment; find civilisation and rebuild their lives in the best way possible. 

A marine rifleman, a competition archer, a juvenile delinquent, an aspiring musician and a physics student with a love of the arcane are among the many individuals making their way in a new world of adventure.

The story is heavily inspired by dnd style fantasy but it isn't a true litrpg. There are progression fantasy elements where characters grow in power of time. But they can't see their character sheets or assign points to attributes or classes. 

The story is survival focused. All the characters will struggle to grow and none will become OP. But their different backgrounds will enable them to gain a role in life that will allow them to thrive within reasonable limits. 

My story is what happens when you throw a bunch of (mostly Japanese) tropes into a blender, then take the resulting mess and try to make everything fit together plausibly. Underneath it all is a story about people trying to forge their own path in a universe that wants nothing more than to keep them in tidy little boxes that fit into neat predefined categories that are easily understood.

This was written with the end goal of translating for a Japanese audience, using the common Japanese LN style -- meaning, I rarely use dialog tags. Don't read it unless you want your eyeballs to melt and your SAN points to drop to zero. You have been warned.

Synopsis:
In a desperate bid to overturn the unstoppable conquest of the galaxy by the Demon Lord Empire, it has been decided that the incompatible areas of technology and magic must be combined into a new breed of warrior.

Willie, a young cowboy, lives a quiet rural life in modern-day America. Alas, this peaceful life is shattered as a beautiful alien named Gilda abducts and alters him. Unable to say no to such a woman, he fatefully joins her side.

With the future unknown, Willie prepares to take his first steps onto the galactic stage. As the first human of his kind, he will soon realize what it truly means to be a magical warrior.

https%3A%2F%2Fci3.googleusercontent.com%2Fproxy%2F...cowboy.jpg

70,771 words and counting.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34832/stampede-legend-of-a-magical-space-cowboy

A danish-irish archaeologist by the name of Søren Quinn wakes up elsewhere and has to come to terms with a significant loss of memory and his apparent death and rebirth, provided he can survive the Tutorial.

Gateway is a portal/isekai style LitRPG novel. It's my first attempt at writing this kind of story and well, only my second attempt at writing in general. I have thirty years of experience with various rpg's, wargames, board games, and too many mmo's to count and hope to leverage that knowledge and experience to create a work of fiction you may enjoy following. Thanks!

https%3A%2F%2Fdavidmusk.com%2Fassets%2Fimg%2Fbook-cover.png
Aeons once ruled the world with a power called Ethermancy. They reigned for centuries until a human faction called the Templars overthrew them. Now, their empire lays in ruin, and the survivors hide in every corner of the world.

Nahlia is a librarian’s apprentice who’s obsessed with Aeon lore. Until now, she had only read of their powers. But when the Templars attack her family, Nahlia is forced to infiltrate a secret academy and rise beyond everything she’s ever known.

Hello! I would like to promote my LitRPG hybrid, named The Stained Tower, for those looking for something unique, yet familiar. It's not a tower climber, but a story through the eyes of a forgotten woman as she struggles to learn and understand the world and her new monster-esque existence. The writing style is probably different than you're used to as the MC speaks a custom amalgam of Elizabethan English (~20%) and Modern English (~80%) termed London Parlance, yet that is just part of the charm of experiencing the world as the MC perceives it. 

Thanks for your time!

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1602408927

Quote:
The soul seeks eternity.
The consciousness seeks existence.
The body seeks exemption.

Now an eerie and spectral existence, in an era centuries ahead of her own, Constance Nightingale finds herself tumbling toward a modern-day Earth on the verge of a system apocalypse.

Constance refuses to lie down and die, yet things are made ever more complicated as she realizes her survival relies on siphoning and collecting Essence from other creatures—a parasite some would term her. Nevertheless, in the concrete jungle, she scarcely understands, she shall struggle and endeavor to improve in hopes of someday becoming an extraordinary presence that Towers high above the deranged city she finds herself.

Tags: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Female Lead, LitRPG, Low Fantasy, Magic, Non-Human lead, Reincarnation, Supernatural, & Urban Fantasy.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1596167744
Title: Shadow
Genres: Fantasy. Adventure. Drama, Romance. Harem. Mature. Action. Cultivation. Reincarnation. World Building. Magic and Cultivation.
Synopsis:
After an exalted powerhouse uses an ancient artefact that shakes the universe, a dark soul is born. 
The dark soul finds a body and takes it over. He finds out that his new life will be filled with dangers, uncertainties and schemes. 
To ensure his survival and live a fulfilling life, the Dark Soul must find a solution and a path that is suitable for him to conquer adversity and become powerful.

It is in web novel format -> chapter ~ 1500 words

https%3A%2F%2Fsixchanceshome.files.wordpress.c...nition.png
What would you do if your life, memories, and feelings were suddenly tied to another person?
Six people. One life.

A spoiled prince haunted by a ghost. A big city swindler with a knack for illusions. A cold soldier with a sharp eye. A pirate with a few screws loose. A chieftain’s bookish daughter with carefully bandaged hands. A peacekeeping agent with an eye for vengeance. 
After simultaneously knocking on death’s door, these six find themselves psychically connected across national lines. Tensions rise between them and between their respective countries, which are recovering from a long war over the mysterious vitae—an energy source harvested and utilized in weapons and engines called conductors. Loyalty, memory, and sense of self blur as conspiracies encroach.
Assassination attempts, underground weapons dealings, border conflicts, tales of terrifying beasts, and a terrorist organization called ELPIS.
—Everything is connected. Nothing is coincidental. The spark has ignited…!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28808/

(Psychological science fantasy set in a time period resembling the inter-World War period )
This thread is locked