Re: Why did you choose your username?

I was in Poetry Club in high school.  We had this one guy (RIP, he was murdered a couple years out of high school) who was this tiny, mousey dude. quiet voice. barely spoke, always doodling and writing in notebooks.  But when he went up to read a poem, he just EXPLODED.  Beat / Slam poet style. Loud, and confident, strong physical stance. 

He had a line in one poem that stuck with me.  "And these words that I spew forth from my leaking ink pen."

It stuck with me.  A year or so later, I made a critique website on Geocities called The Leaking Pen.  and i've kept it as a nom de plume / internet handle ever since. 

I had another pen name from 1998 to ~'02 or so, but it was common, gendered, and it didn't feel like me at all. I usually have problems coming up with names, but when I thought about a new name, this one came to me in just a few minutes. It's been a very good one, embodying who I am, and surprisingly unique. I've given a fair amount of consideration to making this my legal name.

I chose my name because I liked dragons, overly complicated children's card games, I downloaded a Yu-Gi-Oh! game at that time. So it kinda just stuck with me and I now just use it for everything. It sounds better than Shade, and Warpath6266 make me feel like I might be crazy. But since I didn't want my name Just to be Kaiba so I played with the last few letters on a nickname. (Side note: I just searched up Kieba out of curiosity... and it's a massage brand... I don't know how I feel about that...). Originally I was going to write it like Kiba but didn't. I got How by the first few letters of my last name and I didn't know why I was doing this so I decided on How, there is another but... I wrote my bio how it is because everyone keeps calling me Kaiba, that's it. I just don't like writing bios. I got my profile picture because I didn't have one for the longest time. It felt off that I didn't have one but everything I looked at didn't feel right. So I created my own. I then decided to make a couple more with the intention of each one being a season variant or different for each profile I had, but I liked my original one. I got the idea from K and H in my name. I originally wanted to draw it but I would have spent days or months working on it. So i decide to do pixel art of it. I was going to make it pink but it hurt my eyes so I settled on a darker version of pink... red. I did black because I felt like it. I have no reason to use it but after having to create new accounts every few years in general because I kept forgetting my username. So I guess I use it because it's easy to remember. I might change my profile picture soon and add a few sprites I made like a golem. It's been about 3 years since I made it.

Crash Wrote: It's my pen name which was inspired as an indirect Snow Crash reference with a family name folded in, plus I like Crash as a name because of Crash Bandicoot.  I could almost see myself changing my actual name to this.
I love Snow Crash because whenever I get frustrated about naming characters I remember that Neal Stephenson straightup called a character Hiro Protagonist and it was somehow still awesome.