Re: Why did you choose your username?

I chose my pen name because when I started writing my story I had originally planed to make it a manga. I chose gin (the Japanese word for silver) because I loved writing it and pronouncing it. As for kira, it can mean sparkle or killer and I liked the ambiguity of that. I also picked two words that I new people would know instantly it was a pen name. As for everything else I kind of just told it how it is, why I was here. The profile pick was originally a deer, but I could not find the picture when I made this account, so I found a new one I really liked. 

The llamadragon is a domesticated species from a fantasy world I wrote on a bunch of years ago. One of the stories of that world begun with a very explosive scientific discourse on whether the llamadragon (that looks quite similar to the some asian dragon art) is a species of pseudo-dragon that looks a bit like llamas by coincidence, or if they're magical elongated llamas that can fly. 

It's actually the latter, for what that's worth. Except for one or two, mayhaps. 

I picked this login about 20 years ago while playing a videogame.  I remember thinking that I liked the name of the Mets Stadium in NY.  I do not remember if I included the well known half-elf from Shady valley.  I don't think so, as I hadn't read the books when I picked the name.  Lastly, when we adopted our daughter, her name was Shea and it solidified my gamer tag and has been adopted as my writers tag.

My username is one I've been using the majority of the time that I've actually had an online presence or wanted an account for games, ect.

However, it also lacks creativity altogether because, simply, I ripped it straight from a book I read. No-one has ever brought it up, and if they could even remember even reading the shlockfest of a book the likelihood that my username was a complete coincidence is almost infinitely more likely.

Also, a name without any numbers or anything, just a simple name, looks clean as hell.

Well, I like Gears of War, and you fight Lambent exploding locusts in the second game, so Lambent. I also like Tyto owls, so, Lambent Tyto. For my pen name Waraji-sama, it's basically a goofy play on the fact my main character wears waraji sandals in my book Wakiagaru. They're like a rough spun hemp type of sandal they used to wear in Japan. Waraji-sama means "lord sandal" in Japanese. The reason I use such a goofy pen name is that when I take writing seriously, I can't do it. I have to sort of treat it as a joke, so, Waraji-sama!

Tien and Switch are both characters from two previous tabletop gaming campaigns I've been involved in.

I've played plenty of characters in plenty of games, but these two are MY characters. Anyone into tabletop gaming will know what I mean. There are certain characters that you make that you get emotionally attached to. 

Switch is actually the main character for the series I plan to write on this site.

LambentTyto Wrote: Well, I like Gears of War, and you fight Lambent exploding locusts in the second game, so Lambent. I also like Tyto owls, so, Lambent Tyto. For my pen name Waraji-sama, it's basically a goofy play on the fact my main character wears waraji sandals in my book Wakiagaru. They're like a rough spun hemp type of sandal they used to wear in Japan. Waraji-sama means "lord sandal" in Japanese. The reason I use such a goofy pen name is that when I take writing seriously, I can't do it. I have to sort of treat it as a joke, so, Waraji-sama!

Those effing Lambent Humans in Gears of War 3, amirite?

I needed a spam email and a new username specifically for imvu (it was around 2013) and Verticablets came to mind. I don't know why. I know it had to do with bending of time or matter. Like a vertical bender.
That email and username became me main ones. Everyone knows me as Vertica/Verty/Vert and it's hard to imagine meself without it.

The profile picture is me but glitches to high heavens. I enjoy glitching pictures because the same thing can give infinite results.

Me bio is either "I can write this later" or "I really like Pepsi and coffee...

And I also *thing I do on the site*"

And that's because I am lazy.

Good question btw. 

My username used to be JadeFoliage, which was the name of a self-insert character of a fantasy series I've abandoned since. My favourite colour is green and if I imagined I was a bender from ATLA I'd bend earth for sure. Now it's JH_Foliage because a) I'm tired of the MCs in my 1st POV stories being assumed to always be female (I guess I write girly?? so annoying though) and H because it's the letter of my middle name. Plus, it sounds more mature.

It's my IRL name, with my first and middle initials.

This is a new account, I previously went by Saiph, who was the name of a character in the story I had posted then. I only went with Saiph because I wasn't sure what name I wanted to go by at the time.

After doing a lot of rewriting, I decided to pull my story and I recreated this account so that the story is tied to my actual name if I decide to publish it on Amazon or Audible after its finished.