Re: offering comments and occasional reviews for fun

*please read*

I’ve noticed a lot of author’s mentioning lack of comments/reviews (noticed it myself when reading), so I thought I’d try to contribute to resolving this by opening up this thread ‘cause I’m looking for things to read. TLDR, feel free to plug your story into this thread, and I’ll check your story out/comment/review! Feedback is like candy, I know!

As for my preferences....

While I do enjoy the once-in-awhile LitRPG/timeloop/gamelit/Isekai, I mostly enjoy all flavors science fiction and fantasy. But anything goes as long as it has a good character focus. World building is cool but characters are where it’s at for me. Decent grammar is preferred, but I’m pretty understanding. 

*If you’re unsure if your story fits my preferences, you can check out my favorites list to find out what types of stories I really enjoy reading. I’ll probably end up reading stories that fit my preferences before other ones regardless of post order. I’ll give you a rep and a follow once I start on your story ;) 

I’ll try my best to input my thoughts at the end of every chapter. The actual review portion might come a little bit later down the line though so I can gather my thoughts. This’ll be a casual sort of thing  though just an fyi. 

Well, I'm told that the characters are one of the if not the best part of my story. 
It is a continuous reincarnation fantasy fiction. There are light litRPG-elements, but not enough that I'd call it a 'real' litRPG. (no numbers, attributes, levels or xp-points) One could also call it 'isekai', but only in the most general sense of the word. Not the popular trope fest it has become nowadays. ^^

First new life plays in a magical equivalent to the carboniferous era. Meaning, there are not even dinosaurs yet, much less mammals. Reptiles are just starting to distinguish themselves from amphibians. Huge insects everywhere, no grass, no flowering plants, and so on...

I'm always happy about comments. But don't feel compelled to read through all of it, if it isn't to your tastes. I'd completely understand.  PeoReading

As luck would have it, I'm currently writing two character-driven fictions, a fantasy and soft-sci title. The former is still in its introductory phase, however, so you may prefer the sci-fi story, which is especially dialogue heavy. The links are here or in my signature:

Fantasy: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36157/selenas-reign-the-golden-gryphon

Sci-fi: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35783/amie-android

It's been a while since I've done some shameless self-promoting, but since you asked for it! My story is linked in my signature. It's intentionally very light on world-building at the beginning with the story focus being on MC character development. Readers have said that I'm good at writing characters in a way that elicits a strong emotional response, but the story is very dark and not for the faint of heart! I hope it's something you're interested in.

readerbreather Wrote: I mostly enjoy all flavors science fiction and fantasy. But anything goes as long as it has a good character focus. World building is cool but characters are where it’s at for me. Decent grammar is preferred, but I’m pretty understanding.

My story called DOTS should hit all these marks. It's light-hearted, fun and character driven. I'd appreciate any insights you could bring.

And Happy New Year! 😊

Hi!

My story is a thriller, action, with subtle elements of supernatural (which come in play only much later in the story) and it also has some romance. It's told in first person by  a male protagonist - so yes, very focused on a character. See if you like it, and if you do  read it, any comments/feedback will be very appreciated. Thank you! 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36148/diaries-of-a-fighter

I'm fairly new and still trying to get get some reviews.   I'm more of a reader than a writer but I'm trying to get my story story finished.  its a litRPG/Wuxia/Classic fantasy sort of thing.  I'd love some help and constructive criticism.  Good luck 2021!I'm fairly new and still trying to get get some reviews.   I'm more of a reader than a writer but I'm trying to get my story story finished.  its a litRPG/Wuxia/Classic fantasy sort of thing.  I'd love some help and constructive criticism.  Good luck 2021!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34546/four-of-fools-the-deck-of-fate

Hey! I'd love to some stories on my free time! I don't have much to do other than schoolwork anyway lol. I also have two books that I casually write, so infrequent updates aha. 

Sing an Endless Tune: It's about twins who have to navigate in a world where no one wants them. All they have is themselves, and a magical power shared between each other. It's a historical fantasy. 

Sense of Emotions: It's about a woman who works in the criminal underground selling rare magical items. She is the Untainted, and has the power to sense other's emotions through taste, smell, and sight. With her country in the middle of war, her power is valuable and she is forced to help them interrogate prisoners.