Re: Goals for the new year?

• Finish Book 1 of Wildcards by January. 
  • Finish Books 2 and 3 of Wildcards before the end of 2021. 
  • Write a 75,000 - 100,000 word story in a new genre. 
  • Gain financial independence with writing as my only source of income. 
  • Stop beating myself up for not being as diligent as other authors. 
  • Work on being the best version of myself and pour that into my writing. 

Well, I have a few.
One is to be less depressing with my words because I tend to lean heavily into that lately for some reason.
Another is to Reach an absolutely perfectly even number that looks super satisfying with a combination of total words, chapters, pages, views, and etc.
As always, technically I include some stupid outrageous stuff in my resolutions. One of those is to conquer the world. The other is immortality or omnipotence.
As for serious ones?
Hm. I don't particularly care about views, so nothing there.
I want to write a lot more. Which is probably a bad thing, considering the over 300k words written in less than 3 months thing. But I want to hit over a million words within a year, maybe less.
Oh, actually, one thing I care about views for is the shiny achievement badges. Those are pretty shiny.
Flesh out a lot of my rough drafts again.
Not talk so much.
Be a happy person.
Stop getting sad randomly and then immediately annoyed at myself for feeling sad.
Focus my attention more.
write a lot more again. maybe 2m words if i can.
Become healthy so I can write more, including curing my eye strain or whatever it is.
Make sure what I write is actually engaging.
Tie up any technical plot holes or discrepancies. I don't have much to do there, thankfully.
Make sure I try to at least finish 1/4 of my side story with said 2m words ;-;
not be so stupidly ambitious.
Make sure everyone has fun.
Happy new year :D

Kaylie Wrote:
Dubs Wrote: 1. Survive

That's about it. If I can do this much, I'll have accomplished far more goals than I've accomplished in past years.
Like, great goal, but . . . this seems to imply that in past years, you DIDN'T survive!??!!
Eh.  I have the same goal every year.  Write more than my previous best year.  That’s how my goal is at 200,000 words this year.

Fiction related goals
  • Finish editing the draft for Endeavour 2 & get it beta'd & uploaded
  • Actually finish the first draft of my fantasy fic
  • Complete the remaining installments of my one shot fanfic crossover series (which I've been neglecting since September)
  • Start the first draft of Endeavour 3
Other goals
  • Actually finish one of the video games I bought last year instead of replaying old favourites

I made this post, but now I realize I didn't actually say what my own goals were . . .

- Nanowrimo every month. So, 50k words/month, or 600k words/year.
- Read 500k words/month, or 6M words/year
- Grade assignments within a week of students submitting them (I'm a teacher)
- Kickbox at least 90 min/week and walk at least 15 miles/week
- Become a licensed foster parent