Re: Review Swap - Offering you a feel-good story to review ^^

THIS REVIEW SWAP THREAD IS CLOSED
I'll finish the swap I've in my buffer but I won't take new ones ^w^"

Hey! Lux's here, again ;-;
Joke aside, here's the review-related stuff:

Synopsis:
After a long and exhausting life filled only by war, she finally dies. But surprise! It seems it's not the end for her!
Now she tries to get the most out of her new life and, in particular, this is her chance to know what it feels to have a loving family, parents and siblings surrounding her, living peacefully day after day.
But it can't that easy, right? Not when you're as powerful as she is, not when you're so much of a weirdness magnet...

Rules of the swap:
- Those rules are mutuals, I follow them and I'll ask you to follow them too please ^-^
- I'll read ~15k words of your story, roughly 55 pages, before writing my review. This is a minimum, I could read more if your story grabs me.
- I'll make a review based on objective factors, not my own liking of the story. I utterly hated some of the reviews I did earlier this year, yet they got  good rating because, well, the story was good, whatever I thought of it ^^'
- The review will be ready under 7 open days (meaning no weekends). It can be quicker, depending on my motivation, but it won't be slower (unless something shitty happens on my side, in which case I'll always tell it to you, because I dislike letting people in the dark.
-I do one swap after the other. First come, first served. I start working on the next swap the day after finishing the previous swap.

And I think that's all ^^

In term of types of stories I would want to review, I'm open for everything, but I'm more inclined toward female protagonist and stories that are not tragedies, as I'm in a mood for, well, feel-good stories ^^ However, I won't deny a swap just because I dislike the style of the story, so do ask for a swap ^^

THIS REVIEW SWAP THREAD IS CLOSED
I'll finish the swap I've in my buffer but I won't take new ones ^w^"

List of swap(story and author name):

Under reading:
Aurora Scroll - Avery Light

In standby:
Nifflheim - enfiejian
Soul Warriors - Boxie Boxie

Finished:
Thief of Time - Xel Vi Coronata (Shout-out will be done when I've new chapters to put online)
Natural Alchemist - V_Storm (shout-out done during interlude 4)
War of Seasons - Sara Mullins (shout-out done during chapter 38)
Everyone is a Superhero! Apart from me - Daniel Newwyn (shout-out done during chapter 36)
The Harrowbird's Crown - Corvus Handly (shout-out done during chapter 34)
The White Horde - David Talon (shout-out done during Interlude 2)
The Glimmering - CloverCloverClover  (shout-out done in chapter 33)
Mind - Clybell (Shout-out done in chapter 31)
Selena's Reign: The Golden Gryphon - Elliot Flanders (Shout-out done in chapter 12 and 21 - Astoundingly good)
Shinobi - Apocryphal (Shout-out done in chapter 21)
Musical Land - Ellen Taylor (Shout-out done in chapter 22)

To: Apocryphal
About: Shinobi

This is indeed far from the style I said I recommended, but I'll do it nonetheless. This is also a good way to know what I don't want to do in my own story, or even better, what tragedies I can take inspiration from to turn them into triumphal feel-good ^^ After all, you need a budding tragedy to turn it into a feel good, because otherwise it's just bland ^^
So yes, I take Shinobi as my fist swap ^^

To: Ellen Taylor
About: Musical Land

I'll take this too, the premises seems interesting yet I can sse why you've not many view, because it's very niche, and I'll gladly make a review swap with you to help you have more visibility ^^

Something I did not say in the original post: if you get a 4 stars rating or more from me, I'll do a shoot-out in my own story (at the start of a chapter) to tell that there are good things out there ^^
And if you get less than 3 stars, I'll not directly publish my review, but talk with you in mp or discord ^^

Quote:To: Apocryphal 
About: Shinobi 

This is indeed far from the style I said I recommended, but I'll do it nonetheless. This is also a good way to know what I don't want to do in my own story, or even better, what tragedies I can take inspiration from to turn them into triumphal feel-good ^^ After all, you need a budding tragedy to turn it into a feel good, because otherwise it's just bland ^^ 
So yes, I take Shinobi as my fist swap ^^ 

Lit, I’ll have your review done by Sunday evening at the latest. I tend to keep any gripes private and on a DM basis, so, no need to worry about me throwing you under the bus publicly. We’re here as writers to help each other, not tear each other, after all. 

Luxmes Wrote: I'll take this too, the premises seems interesting yet I can sse why you've not many view, because it's very niche, and I'll gladly make a review swap with you to help you have more visibility ^^

Thank you! And, yes, it is very, very, very niche. If I were to try and explain it, it'd be a YA dystopian musical alternate universe historical fan fiction. But I love it. I'll try and have yours done in a couple days.

Hey Lux, Just wanted to mention how much I'm liking 'Strange new life', that I just reviewed. Definitely not what I usually read, but I like pushing myself to read fiction I'm not sure I'll enjoy (though I have started and dropped a few I couldn't stand). 

Don't worry about reviewing mine unless the premise interests you (though the first MC is a woman gladiator). It's also written using present tense, which is a deal breaker for a lot of people (I'm pushing my boundaries as a writer as well). Have a great New Year!

The White Horde | Royal Road

To: David Talon
About: The White Horde and the review

First, thanks for the kind review you gave my story ^^ It's always very motivating to see people liking what I write ^^
Second: I'll add you to my list of swat, as you did the kindness of reviewing mine. However, since it's written using present tense, I keep to myself of reading less than 15k words if I really can't bear it ^^'

Hi Luxmes, would you like to review swap with me?

My story, Mind, is a female protagonist, romance-drama, low-fantasy kind of thing, although the romance isn't entirely the focus. The basic premise is that the MC can read people's minds. It's not exactly a feel-good, but it's not exactly a tragedy either (yet...?). Thank you if you accept!

My storyyyyyy

Hey, I'd be glad to do a swap, though I don't know if my story is really what you're looking for. It's not a tragedy, I'd say, but it's fantasy that does have its spookier side . I think 15k words would take you to the end of chapter 4 at least, maybe not all the way through chapter 5 (that's a long one). 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/39018/the-glimmerling

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks, Luxmes, I've already started reading your story, and so far it's been very interesting!

Ah, as for Mind, my biggest concerns are that it's kind of slow-burning, and perhaps maybe even a little... boring? It's hard for me to really put myself in the shoes of the reader, so I'd be glad if you could either reaffirm those fears or maybe even put them to rest (although you're just one reader, it is reassuring to me if you like it).

I'll try to get your review done as soon as possible! :)