Re: Need the swaps fam

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.discordapp.net%2Fattachments...image0.jpg

Need someone (or a few) people to do some review swaps with for my story “Shinobi”, a LitRPG. I only plan on doing 2 or 3 reviews, though. Don’t want to fill my log with reviews with that dumb symbol on them. So, first come first served. 

We can do advanced reviews or regular if you want, but I don’t want any generic review where it’s painfully obvious you didn’t read the story and just summarized up some bullshit off the synopsis you read. 

I don’t have that many chapters out, so, it shouldn’t take all day. There’s enough for a decent review though, me thinks.

I don’t do that when I read stories for these reviews, so, I’d like similar courtesy. What I’m looking for in regards to feedback is more impressions about the world building and “vibe” of the overall setting and characters. Stuff like that. I don’t really care for grammar Nazi scanning (cause I don’t even do that when I review) but if you see a blatant typo or something that just rips you from immersion then by all means tell me.

If you’re interested just let me know. I tend to have a fast turnaround time. I don’t really care what the genre is of your fic. I just ask that it doesn’t have weird fetish shit in it or anything that’d make me question what goes on in your head IRL.

Link is in my sig!

precinctomega Wrote: I've done you a review on Shinobi so far.  I'm not really looking for reviews in return, but my review was pretty critical so if you wanted to sling some revenge back, you should wait until the weekend when I'll have four chapters up.

Just read the review off of curiosity after checking the story. 

Accusing an author of cultural appropriation because they chose to write a story in a certain setting, and also wrongly calling a story as “men emasculation”, on top of openly saying you wouldn’t have read the story even if the issues you pointed out were fixed (which makes me wonder what drove you to do this review in the first place) is not a critical review. That is you being a dickhead for no reason.

If you hate Japanese culture and believe in masculine superiority just say that. Don’t make up excuses to thrash a story. 

Not cool, dude. Not cool at all. I don’t really comment on forums but I stumbled across this thread and checked it out and just, yeah. Dick move on your part.

Duodecim Wrote:
precinctomega Wrote: I've done you a review on Shinobi so far.  I'm not really looking for reviews in return, but my review was pretty critical so if you wanted to sling some revenge back, you should wait until the weekend when I'll have four chapters up.

Accusing an author of cultural appropriation because they chose to write a story in a certain setting, and also wrongly calling a story as “men emasculation”, on top of openly saying you wouldn’t have read the story even if the issues you pointed out were fixed (which makes me wonder what drove you to do this review in the first place) is not a critical review. That is you being a dickhead for no reason.

If you hate Japanese culture and believe in masculine superiority just say that. Don’t make up excuses to thrash a story. 

Not cool, dude. Not cool at all. I don’t really comment on forums but I stumbled across this thread and checked it out and just, yeah. Dick move on your part.

What made it worse was there was literally nothing valuable in his review lol. Every plot issue he had was wrong in the most blatant way. It was definition of a person whining because they weren't the target audience. Put this on top of what you pointed out with him jumping in this thread unwarranted to leave a review of a story he explicitly says he wouldn't read even if it was perfect and I'm just like... so why did you post here!? What was the point of you being a douche bag? Then I recalled his "don't set this in Japan" tip and realized dude is probably racist or some shit.

But, I'm a leave it alone. I typically don't bother with this stuff but that review rubbed me worse than normal. Fucking "emasculation of men" and "not looking for reviews in return" he said lmfao. Probably would be upset if someone did the same to him.

Deathflare Wrote:
Duodecim Wrote:

What made it worse was there was literally nothing valuable in his review lol. Every plot issue he had was wrong in the most blatant way. It was definition of a person whining because they weren't the target audience. Put this on top of what you pointed out with him jumping in this thread unwarranted to leave a review of a story he explicitly says he wouldn't read even if it was perfect and I'm just like... so why did you post here!? What was the point of you being a douche bag? Then I recalled his "don't set this in Japan" tip and realized dude is probably racist or some shit.

But, I'm a leave it alone. I typically don't bother with this stuff but that review rubbed me worse than normal. Fucking "emasculation of men" and "not looking for reviews in return" he said lmfao. Probably would be upset if someone did the same to him.

I politely tried to ask him to change his review when I pointed out where he was wrong as well. He basically told me “no” and he didn’t care if it was accurate or not, then accused me of wanting to be “pampered” lol. (He conveniently didn’t comment again on the things I proved he got wrong though). 

Literally can pull up screenshots of the conversation to prove it lol. Was like talking to a wall. But, I’m not that petty really. The downvotes on his review tell me nobody agrees with it anyway, so eh. I’ll live. 

Your review was MVP material though. Thanks 😂