Re: Mini Brag: My fiction got a follower as soon as it was approved! ITT: Brag a little about yourself

I don't know what I was expecting when I submitted it last night but wow I'm so excited now! It blows my mind that somebody would follow a fiction that's only just barely started, but I'm happy about it. Hopefully this bodes well for the project in the future.

So like the thread title says, go ahead and brag about yourself, I'm all ears.

Re: Mini Brag: My fiction got a follower as soon as it was approved! ITT: Brag a little about yourself

My new book; Restaurant Core has five chapters out and is sitting at a pretty 54 followers. In comparison, my first fiction has 27 chapters and is currently sitting at 60 followers. My bet is that in a chapter or two, it will surpass the first book. Which is pretty cool to me.

Although honestly, the rapid growth is kind of scary. As far as I'm aware it hasn't hit trending for anything, but that might be a time-gate thing. 

ZachSkye Wrote: My new book; Restaurant Core has five chapters out and is sitting at a pretty 54 followers. In comparison, my first fiction has 27 chapters and is currently sitting at 60 followers. My bet is that in a chapter or two, it will surpass the first book. Which is pretty cool to me.

Although honestly, the rapid growth is kind of scary. As far as I'm aware it hasn't hit trending for anything, but that might be a time-gate thing.

Must be the awesome cover! ;)
Well, and it is a dungeon core story and this is Royal Road, so... ^^

Yeah, trending is scary. I'm kind of relieved that I'm slowly but surely dropping out of it again. If someone finds my story now, it was because they were searching for something like it. 
Well, what do I have to brag about?  peoconfused
Ah! Saturday the impossible happened! One of my 0.5-star ratings changed into a 4.5-star rating after I released my latest chapter on Friday.  peopanic

carebear90 Wrote:
ZachSkye Wrote: My new book; Restaurant Core has five chapters out and is sitting at a pretty 54 followers. In comparison, my first fiction has 27 chapters and is currently sitting at 60 followers. My bet is that in a chapter or two, it will surpass the first book. Which is pretty cool to me.

Must be the awesome cover! ;)
Well, and it is a dungeon core story and this is Royal Road, so... ^^

Yeah, trending is scary. I'm kind of relieved that I'm slowly but surely dropping out of it again. If someone finds my story now, it was because they were searching for something like it. 
Well, what do I have to brag about?  peoconfused
Ah! Saturday the impossible happened! One of my 0.5-star ratings changed into a 4.5-star rating after I released my latest chapter on Friday.  peopanic

Holy crap! It's like a person came out of an alleyway after mugging you for your wallet and gave you the wallet back :O :O.

I agree, it's definitely the cover ;)

Ya know, it is a dungeon core book, but the first one is a litrpg, so I figured it would be an even split. I guess this one just has a more interesting premise. Although, I've been itching to look into doing a review swap so I can get an advanced review on it, but then again, it's only 5 chapters. I'm just being antsy. 

Palt Wrote: My fiction got to the top of trending!! It's amassed 2000 followers in just a couple of days and I couldn't be prouder, although the whole situation is overwhelming (apparently, the more comments you get in total, the more unhappy ones you get, as well...)

I'm a fan actually, can't wait for next chapter lmao.

On my case, although I'm not a writer, just a reader here, doesn't mean I don't have brag rights either. I want to highlight the fact that I'm almost at 400 rep. Some people just get rep for posting a funny meme in the comments, but I like to believe my rep is hard-earned, as it's usually earned after sharing mistakes I've found in different chapters in the stories I read.

I hit two followers after around 3 hours of my fiction being out. As of now, only around 14ish people have read it. That's pretty cool to me. I'm not sure if that's good or not, though. But there's some pretty cool stuff here. Unfortunately I must roleplay as a survivor, so...
"I barely made it... After writing a...okayish amount of words, I uploaded my fiction. It took entire minutes for it to be published. The agony I felt every second of those few minutes is still fresh in my mind. But, it was worth it. I made it... and people liked it. I....Survived." Amnesiac said, dramatically.

(p.s. this is kinda fun :D)

I write and post my short stories, which are hard to find audiences for, since people want to follow longer works to become invested; however, my stories still have a decent amount of views having only been up since beginning of November, and they've been well-received, which makes me super happy. I love my short stories, and I wish people gave short stories in general a chance. I understand you want to become invested for the long-run, but they're relatively short reads and don't take much of your time. 

I received not one, not two, but three .5 star reviews the day I wrote and published the first chapter of Monroe.

I contested the reviews, and they've been pulled down, but they stayed up there for weeks.

I received a message from the Admin's to edit my story or risk having it pulled down.  (I asked them to kindly point out where I'd broken the rules in my writing, as they never responded back, I'm feeling pretty safe about that three months later)

Almost four months later, I'm at 160K+ words, and I've received useful constructive criticism from reviews.  The story has sat at over 4 stars for the past few months after the initial hate.  

My take away remains that anyone who doesn't like my writing can fuck right off.  They're all probably soulless creatures who don't appreciate our feline overlords anyway.

Jahx Wrote: I received not one, not two, but three .5 star reviews the day I wrote and published the first chapter of Monroe.

I contested the reviews, and they've been pulled down, but they stayed up there for weeks.

I received a message from the Admin's to edit my story or risk having it pulled down.  (I asked them to kindly point out where I'd broken the rules in my writing, as they never responded back, I'm feeling pretty safe about that three months later)

Almost four months later, I'm at 160K+ words, and I've received useful constructive criticism from reviews.  The story has sat at over 4 stars for the past few months after the initial hate.  

My take away remains that anyone who doesn't like my writing can fuck right off.  They're all probably soulless creatures who don't appreciate our feline overlords anyway.

Why do you think they told you to edit their writing?

And were the 0.5 reviews trolls? I don't understand a lot about this story. 

ZachSkye Wrote: Why do you think they told you to edit their writing?

And were the 0.5 reviews trolls? I don't understand a lot about this story.

The first chapter of my story contains the literary equivalent of a double middle finger salute to PC culture.  It's a little rough, which was deliberate, and I expected a few folks to be unhappy with having their narrative challenged.  The administrators indicated that it was political.  When I asked them to provide a single example of where the chapter violated the TOS, they failed to respond.  

That said, I received a lot of hate for that first chapter.

One of the reviewers who dropped a .5 that took a long time to have removed is an author whose story has lived in the first ten pages of litrpg recommendations here on RR for as long as I've been on the site.  So I don't believe they were all trolls, although you could accuse them of trolling.

That particular aspect of the story doesn't resurface until over fifty chapters and a hundred and thirty thousand words later.  

The novel isn't some sort of political statement, but the MC carries weight from his world to the one he is thrown into. 

If anything it reinforced my opinion that the cancel culture, marxism (as modified by Mao), and social justice so prevalent in our society is a disease that needs to be rooted out post-haste.

If we’re talking about achievements about our fictions, I don’t know how good mine is. But while my first story got only around 800 views after around 30 chapters. My second fiction has actually gotten around 500 with around 8 chapters. Plus those eight chapters gave me around 9 followers. Considering how new I am this is an amazing achievement for me. 
The second story is called God isn’t dead, He’s just broke for those who are interested.