Re: Royal Road - Author Premium - A video review

In this vid, I'm showing you the features you can unlock by buying an Author Premium Subscription to RoyalRoad.com:
Reader Premium:
- NO ADVERTISEMENTS
-  PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
-  PREMIUM BADGE
-  GOLDEN POST BORDER
-  FULL READING HISTORY
-  MONTHLY AVATAR BORDERS
-  EARLY ACCESS TO NEW FEATURES
-  CUSTOM PROFILE HEADER
-  SUPPORT ROYAL ROAD!
Author Premium:
-  EVERYTHING FROM READER PREMIUM
-  DETAILED ANALYTICS
-  REVIEW PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
-  CUSTOMIZABLE FICTION HEADER
-  EPUB EXPORT
-  FIND & REPLACE
-  AUTOMATIC DRAFT SAVING
-  CHAPTER IMPORT
https://youtu.be/7xZ0m24CcBY

[youtube]7xZ0m24CcBY[/youtube]

Thank you for the review, I enjoyed watching it. The bugs you reported, are fixed now, if you still have any issues please open a support ticket. 

About the "Early Access to New features"
As a premium user, you need to be "Opt-in for beta-testing new features" which can be found in your user settings https://www.royalroad.com/account/options

At the moment we now have [RECOMMENDED FOR YOU] feature, that can be found on the front page.

ALostTerrapin Wrote: Jesus, the analytics section looks like a path to madness. The information seems interesting, but idk that I really want to psychologically bully myself with that. It's nice to see what all's on offer though.

I'm with you on the analytics thing. I'm sure the huge authors who have been writing for a long time would have great use for it. But at the start I'm even scared of just checking my followers/rating haha. Much less actual analytics.

Temple Wrote:
ALostTerrapin Wrote: Jesus, the analytics section looks like a path to madness. The information seems interesting, but idk that I really want to psychologically bully myself with that. It's nice to see what all's on offer though.

I'm with you on the analytics thing. I'm sure the huge authors who have been writing for a long time would have great use for it. But at the start I'm even scared of just checking my followers/rating haha. Much less actual analytics.

I have Premium and I know that exact feeling. Seeing things tick up and down makes you question whether you messed up / the story isn't that great and so on. However it can also let you see things that stop you from over-thinking. For example my most recent story had a low rating for a while because I received one 0.5 star rating early that dragged my entire score down. Since the rating goes on medium the 0.5 rating outclassed the two 5 star ratings and one 4 star rating. But I was able to see all of the ratings and when they occurred and I knew what happened.

I'm a harsh self-critic so seeing the reason stopped me from over-thinking and judging my story too fast. I think it can be helpful as long as you use it as an observational tool and don't get too stuck on the numbers. It'd depend on the person.

msng Wrote: I have been recommending this post to anyone I see asking about Author Premium. The most recent one was just today. Wonder if it makes sense to put a link for this post on the FAQ for anyone interested?

Hey that was me! Thanks for the recommendation! It really helped me understand if I'm going to get premium in the future. I most definitely will, once I get my viewership up! Until then I'll focus on quality and consistent updates!