Re: What is the most unique aspect of the world's created in your fiction?

Not sure if its actually unique, but it's not a system I've seen anywhere else.

In my novel, the digital world is populated by mind-copies; immortal digital clones that live out their entire existence only within the game world. Meanwhile, the players live out their daily lives in the real world as per normal. When players go to sleep, they sync their memories with their mind-copies so that both the player and the mind-copy remember everything the other did. Essentially they become 2 people living distinct separate lives at the same time, sharing their memories and experiences with each other. 

The world of God Noise, Rejisea, is a realm that exists within planet Earth as a realm between Heaven and Hell. It's a considerable distance from Hell but not too far from Heaven, which is actually quite important in the overall series. Rejisea is known as the Realm Above, but not the Land Above, which is Heaven. 

Also, deities and their creations have meaning, here...

The most unique? Well, I guess for it'd be the way the Gods work. Basically there was once a single divine god, but do to something the one god was shattered apart. The individual parts then became gods in their own right. The problem is that they are still fragments of a single being mentally. Their aspects govern them completely. They can't even comprehend things that are the opposite of them. The clergies of the gods are less followers and more the people taught how to communicate and deal with these half mad fragments.

So much so that they keep the actual names of the gods hidden. For it'd get the gods attention and they may try and "help." For calling on the god of nature to help your crops grow may cause the god to just cause the entire field (weeds, trees, everything) to grow rapidly and out of control. Or if someone were to call on the god of punishment, who will just kill everyone in the area horrifically.

Don't know if this is absolutely unique but...

In my novel, the gods of the entire story (which is literally every single relevant character as they will all be gods at one point) are aware that they are fictional, and due to that they are are practically omnipotent. Any seemingly powerful and omnipotent god that is not part of their "race" is actually just another character in one of the stories in their endless sea of stories. And I'm pretty sure that they are one of the only people in fiction that are above absolute infinity.

Not sure how interesting this is but most of the children in my fiction world are given to an orphanage shortly after birth and therefore they are called a number rather than a name. Then, once they're assigned to a military, they generally get to choose their own name! 

Most of the kids in the Space Corps (which is what my book focuses on) are named after the constellations so I spent too much time googling constellations 

DrakanLaugh