This thread is locked

Re: December Thread - Promote your Story

Hello, I am writing a story called Senses Reposed, it has about 40k words at the moment and is far from over.

Here is the synopsis:

Grant, twenty years old, was tired of being a prisoner to his job, parents, and city. He had been fed to believe all of it was deserved. The thought of breaking free from his current life felt undeserved. But his ability to tolerate everything was wearing thin; he was about to crack. He began to wonder that maybe all the blame put on him wasn't entirely his fault.

A coworker told him about a small village, Lyros, where he could move. The price seemed too good to be true. Despite that foreboding feeling, he decided to leave his previous life behind. Could Lyros bring him the freedom he pursued? Or was it just another place that would take hold of him, refusing to let go?

If you enjoy mystery, low fantasy, slight horror, and battle shonen stories you might enjoy this. My inspirations for this story were Higurashi, Parasyte, and Hunter x Hunter.

Hello all! Hopefully this will get read by someone.
Anyway, I'm writing Until You Do It Right, A litRPG time loop fiction. There are very few time loop fictions out there, chief among them being Mother of Learning (with good reason), and I just hope to tell a good story that can be appreciated. It's set before/during the apocalypse, with the MC attempting to save the world from it. So far, it's been a blast to write, and I hope a fun one to read as well. Thanks for your time!

Remnants of the Dawn is an epic high fantasy saga spanning three books (all completed). Currently chapters 0-13 are posted with regular uploads of new chapters. Book one sits at 19,4785 words, 477 pages in word.

The Armies of Xanavene have declared war on the world of Silex, and march their black armies across the lands, leaving confusion and ruin in their wake. Led by the Necromancer Osric, their motives are as unknown as his origins as he cuts a swathe of terror towards Elysia, home to The Order of Dawn.
After his affair with the High Priestess is discovered, Grandmaster of The Knights of Dawn, Aichlan, is sent to the fort of Arlien as punishment. His rank in The Order of Dawn prevents a public sentencing, but it is the hope of the Cardinals that he will perish when Xanavene inevitably attacks. Faced with the insurmountable task of defeating an army the likes of which hadn’t been seen in over three millennia, Aichlan is given a coveted second chance to save the Priestess and put an end to Osric’s mad ploy.

Aided by the remnants of fallen kingdoms, he must gather an army to combat the Xanavien horde, as well as the horrors he’s unleashed. Horrors not seen on the planet since the last time a doomed mortal attempted to wage war on the heavens.

The story is about loss and revenge, but also examines the concepts of good and evil, with themes around PTSD and the horrors of war. Who decides what is "the greater good"? How far is too far for one's ideals? Do the ends truely justify the means? Can you truely consider yourself the hero if fighting for an oppressive status quo?

currently posted 

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1596982892

Dragan Hadrien is a low-level administrator in the Supremacy, the most powerful civilization in the galaxy. In the Supremacy, 'might makes right' is written into law - if you're strong enough to take something, it's yours. With the mysterious power of Aether, a light of the mind that grants abilities unimaginable, one can uncover lost knowledge, crown themselves a king, or even seek a position above that...

For Dragan, however, his primary concern is getting a promotion and taking it easy for the rest of his days - and he's well on his way to doing that, until he finds himself snatched by a gang of dissidents and dragged into the kind of dangerous adventure he hates more than anything else.

With the barest knowledge of Aether and combat, can Dragan survive in a galaxy quickly growing drunk with war?

-

Reviews:

"High Quality Space Fun!" - Daoist Enigma
"Great worldbuilding and characters." - boro610
"Baccano! In space!" - Gino Smyth
"If you give Aetheral Space the time of day, trust me you won't regret it." - DarnellJermaine

-

AN: Science fantasy story beginning it's third arc! Focuses on a small cast of characters making their way through an intricate world with many different factions and a developing power system. Updates every Wednesday and Sunday.

Chapter 1:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares right back at you, K once said to me. I asked her what the stare of the abyss was like, but she never answered, and I didn’t think about it further. Until now.

Thriller with subtle supernatural elements and some dark romance. Takes place in Japan. Take a look and let me know what you think about it..:)

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36148/diaries-of-a-fighter

https%3A%2F%2Fvk.com%2Fid136594217%3Fz%3Dphoto136594...7_00%252Frev
Wing Wrote: For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available) and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. Which is why this new thread for self-promotions is going to be monthly based(to not overflow it). At the start of the next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!    

peolove

Hi, guys!
Welcome to my romance novel "Do Not Awaken The Undead King"

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1602698820

Blurb:
Reive, the mightiest undead ruler is now freed from the terrible curse and seeks to reclaim his throne and take revenge on the descendants of those who betrayed him.

Angelina dreams only of keeping the details of her birth secret and becoming a real necromancer.
Is this girl as simple as she seems?
Will the Undead King help this unknown girl or will he use her mysterious blood to regain his own power and speed his way to the throne?
What can they both do when passion begins to ruin all their plans, and dark desires call forth the worst poison?
On that day it will become clear that the insane madness of the living can be more, more terrible than the bloody hunger of the undead….
Don’t miss this incredible dark saga of the Undead Overlord, already a bestseller in Russia, now finally available in English translation.

Here's the link: https://is.gd/N4vZqT

Check out my fiction, Arcanist Warlord:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37197/arcanist-warlord 

Synopsis:

Jun Zarata, a teenager from the Zarata family has failed the inner court exam so many times he broke The Academy's record. Due to his father leaving the family, his relatives despise him. The youths his age ridicule and bully him since he doesn't have the strength to protect himself. But the young Zarata has a secret inside him others don't know about. And he intends to make good use of the strange cloud he hosts in his dantian to turn his life around.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FdWHjmRG.png
Hands Held in the Snow is the story of two queer kids in love.

Aspiring priest Beatrice dreams of saving the world. Delinquent debutante Emi dreads her looming engagement to a distant noblewoman. A chance meeting in a library ignites a flame of love in their hearts. But, as the pair explore the wintery city of Balarand and each other, they must contend with their relationship’s uncertain future. Only by walking together hand-in-hand can they face these obstacles for the sake of their futures.

Full story complete! Featuring full in-story illustrations by Mikayla Buan

Read it here!

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIYBVv4n.png

Hey!

Check out my fiction, The House of Dusk.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1606948392

Here's the synopsis:
When a group of powerful and unfamiliar sorcerers come knocking, and unexpectedly deliver a piece of paper signed with his lifeblood, Auris knows that only means something bad is about to happen. And he is right. As they begin demanding from him the repayment of an old debt, Auris, the self-perceived fearless, clever collegiate taught Magister, suddenly finds himself wishing he wasn't all that.

This is the story of a myriad group of characters who had the misfortune of being passengers on a plane that crashed in the remote mountains of a fantasy world. They now have to survive the harsh environment; find civilisation and rebuild their lives in the best way possible. 

A marine rifleman, a competition archer, a juvenile delinquent, an aspiring musician and a physics student with a love of the arcane are among the many individuals making their way in a new world of adventure.

The story is heavily inspired by dnd style fantasy but it isn't a true litrpg. There are progression fantasy elements where characters grow in power of time. But they can't see their character sheets or assign points to attributes or classes. 

The story is survival focused. All the characters will struggle to grow and none will become OP. But their different backgrounds will enable them to gain a role in life that will allow them to thrive within reasonable limits.

Link is in my signature
This thread is locked