Re: Does anyone has any experience with Ringdom?

IvyVeritas Wrote: I've never heard of them, but as a general rule, if someone reaches out to you, they're probably not legit. Legit sites and publishers are overwhelmed with author submissions. They don't need to go out cold-calling people.

Basically what this guy said. 

It's either one of two things:

1) A scam where you pay money to have your work published. Never pay money to have your work published.

2) A freelance editor looking for work. It's actually not unusual for a writer to pay to have their manuscript professionally edited. BUT you probably don't want to use someone who is actively reaching out to people like this. 

Avoid and ignore.

1. Don't trust solicitations like this. I wouldn't trust anyone who messages here on the site directly at all. There maybe exceptions but for the most part, platforms generally work as you come to them not they come to you.

2. If it is legit, this is another one of STARY PTE. LTD platforms. I recommend all web fiction writers stay away from them. Some of their past platforms/active ones, I don't know anymore there have been many, have had predatory language in their terms/contracts.

LadyAnder Wrote: Avoid and ignore.

1. Don't trust solicitations like this. I wouldn't trust anyone who messages here on the site directly at all. There maybe exceptions but for the most part, platforms generally work as you come to them not they come to you.

2. If it is legit, this is another one of STARY PTE. LTD platforms. I recommend all web fiction writers stay away from them. Some of their past platforms/active ones, I don't know anymore there have been many, have had predatory language in their terms/contracts.

He did say that the site is a new subsidiary of STARY.

Thanks for your reply.