Re: Writing contest vets - halp!!!

I agree with ALostTerrapin that the synopsis could be tightened up a bit. I liked the first part, but was confused by the section under the 3 stars. It almost seemed like another story. Maybe rewrite the first part of the synopsis to have a little less detail and leave out the lower part. I think you have a good story concept and writing 55k words in 5 weeks is quite an accomplishment. 

The opening parag--well, the sentence runs on a bit too long. And I'd imagine the wording comes across as too immediately convoluted: "unscheduled awakening from suspended animation" is an exciting premise, but when placed at the forefront so wordily, it's a hard sale to a new reader. The second paragraph is in a very simple style however and is thereby much easier to swallow and understand. I'd try expanding the rest of the synopsis in a similar vein.

Without reading the story, it's pretty strange that a story as long as yours has so few views per chapter. However, you're just about to win the contest, and there'll be a huge push notification sent out to every single user displaying your win (much fewer than the last one which listed all the contenders). That will absolutely be a boost to your readership.