Re: "Thanks for the chapter "

Apocryphal Wrote: I must be the only one that feels it’s unnecessary and can do without it judging by the responses, and now I feel like maybe I’m just annoyed by “thanks for the chapter” spam for nothing? Lmao.

If you don't like the "Thanks for the chapter!" comments, you may state so in the pre/post chapter author notes. I remember that Exterminatus once said in his story Everybody Loves Large Chest that he didn't like the "First!" comment wars, deleted the comments that did it, and people stopped doing it.

I personally appreciate the comments, although I feel responding to each and every one of them makes the author look kinda desperate to please, so I abstain.

Also, when I post a chapter where horrible things happen and people die, and someone comments "thank you for the chapter :)", I have to wonder if the reader is masochistic or just messing with me. But that's that.

Thedude3445 Wrote: The worst feeling in the world is when "Thanks for the chapter" readers stop commenting and you never find out why... Treasure these commenters while they last

Now I feel a bit bad. I don't usually reply or interact with those who are just saying thanks. I'll reply to questions and sometimes comments, but never to those who just say 'thanks.'

I genuinely really appreciate those comments because it makes it feel worthwhile to post my story on here, since someone's reading it! I feel awkward responding to comments most of the time, unless it feels like I actually have something substantive to say in response, but I also want to show appreciation for the comment, so I usually just give rep.