Re: Hi, ew person here, really confused with Royal Road's format

Hullo. I know it might seem "dumb" of me, for not knowing how to use... text formatting.

But. I am um. Dumb.

I'm a writer. I like reading, so I decided to create my own book.

Then school hit me harder than a school bus hits a mean girl. 

So, I would really appreciate some advice on my novel, it's called What a Dream Wants. 

The first chapter is... bad. In my opinion. I think I wrote it as a satire of American School System at the time.

I like dogs and cats, but my dog ran away so that says a lot about my character.

(That's a joke, she ran away because she liked running).

I don't have a favorite color, but if someone did ask, I might say green just so people can feel better about themselves.

My favorite foods are sushi and fish and chips.

I am vegetarian.

I'm not vegetarian, but I think I should be.

I have work to do that I procrastinated, and I don't really have much to say.

Welcome to Royal Road. (No sheep jokes, I promise) The FAQ's under Support provide a lot of useful information about the site. The Forums are also a good place to get advice and there are various Guides published in the Forums that offer writing advice. Don't worry about your writing, it will improve as you write more. Took a quick look at your story. The synopsis was a bit all over the place with a lot of different ideas and the wording made it difficult to read. Just concentrate on the main idea of your story. First chapter wasn't terrible, but it was a little hard to follow. Try tightening up the chapter to concentrate more on the MC. However, I did like your MC. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. (No sheep jokes, I promise) The FAQ's under Support provide a lot of useful information about the site. The Forums are also a good place to get advice and there are various Guides published in the Forums that offer writing advice. Don't worry about your writing, it will improve as you write more. Took a quick look at your story. The synopsis was a bit all over the place with a lot of different ideas and the wording made it difficult to read. Just concentrate on the main idea of your story. First chapter wasn't terrible, but it was a little hard to follow. Try tightening up the chapter to concentrate more on the MC. However, I did like your MC. Good luck.

Thanks. I wrote the first chapter way back. It was mostly a satirical chapter, which is why it's a mess. I wanted the synopsis to be a little bit cryptic, because the words in the synopsis reveal a lot about the story. So on a first glance, the difficult words add nothing, but if I didn't write that way, I feel like I would be revealing too much.