Re: Hello. Nice to meetcha.

I'm uh... chicken. just call me chicken. anyways, it's good to meet you all. I was reading around the forum, and you all seemed quite nice. so I wanted to say hi. I was told about this website today, and thought it sounded cool. it is. I like writing about the world inside my head that won't go away. That probably sounded crazy. Are we allowed to be uploading more than one series at a time? I didn't see anything about that, so I probably just missed it. Well, specifically around 5 at once. If that inconveniences anyone on the staff or similar things, I would love to know. Well, that's if it goes through. I got off track, sorry, horrid attention disorder here, so I'll try my best to pay attention better. Oh, right. Hello. That's what I wanted to say. Hello, how are you guys doing? :D

Hi and a warm welcome! There is no limit on how many stories you can post at the same time. The thing is, you need to strategize to get maximum exposure. There is something called the Recently Updated page here. Every time you put up a new chapter, you appear there. What you as an author want is to appear as often as possible on the RU page. BUT you also need a steady stream of chapters for a long time to build an audience. After a lot of discussions and a little experience on the site, I believe the best posting schedule would be as follows:

1. You post 1 chapter per day for about a week.
2. During this week you can try posting at different times until you find the time when you get the most views.
3. After the week is over you start posting 1-3 chapters per week for as long as possible (I have been doing 1 per week for about 5 months).

And that's it. All that's left is to be active in the forums and nice to your readers and other writers and you will have a great time here. 

Oh.... It feels weird to say this, but I didn't actually come here to upload my work with the intention of getting an audience. Just thought it would be fun to join in on here. I think it would be cool if others read my work, but I don't really think I came here for that kinda stuff. I came so I could meet you guys, I guess. So far, it's fun. I'm writing for the people who enjoy my stories and for myself, like you guys I'm guessing. To me, audience isn't really important, at least not the number. That's why I decided it would be fine to try it out here. You guys genuinely enjoy stories, and the people in the audience are what's important, at least to me. Bringing me back to why I thought it would be fine to do it here. This seems like a nice community. If that's against what you guys are trying to encourage, please let me know. I would never figure it out unless someone screamed it at me. I appreciate the advice, by the way. And I believe I can meet that schedule, so I don't really think my concerns are too important. I'd just like to know, what made you guys come on here to write stuff and publish it? I may legitimately be very wrong in how I understood the way this is supposed to work. I don't think like an author. At least, I don't think that I do. I'm pretty much brand new to writing completely. I think I got into it.....last month maybe? So I have no idea what is or is not considered acceptable. If I made a mistake with how I saw things, please let me know. Actually, for all I know, what I wrote might be something that would make you guys want to kick me in the teeth. Kind of. Not literally. I'm just saying I have no idea if you guys would see what I'm saying as stupid or not. If I do absolutely anything stupid, tear into me. Like, seriously. This may be a bit much as a response, sorry. I'm just barely awake, haven't gotten much sleep since I started to write. That might be a problem, but I can worry about that later. Either way, if my words haven't conveyed my emotions properly due to my extreme fatigue, I think this face here might help a little. This is how I'm feeling, so thank you. ----> :D

Yea, there is definitely a lot there. No worries though. Everyone publishes their stuff for their own reason. Most people do want to get noticed, whether it’s for vanity, profit, or a bigger community. 

Ariana was just giving you some of the standard tips because some people jump on and try to get noticed, but they don’t quite know how things work and get bummed out when the system works against them. 

You do you. The community will be there for you whatever way you want to publish, and people will read your stuff. 

Just have fun.  peoapproval

Indeed, as @ALostTerrapin said, the most important thing is to have fun. Mine is just a suggestion. In the end, just spread your wings and feel at home.

New writers, old and experienced ones, native and non-native speakers, all of them find a home for their stories here. There are not many restrictions on the site. The only one I know and completely approve of is being nice to other users and not trolling them (the moderators are extremely proficient troll-hunters).