Re: a good hook?

Hello, I am working on a story I have written before. 
the funny thing about is that didn't know to properly start it.

I know what I will write about and how it will end. I even have any characters all lined up.
 I just find it difficult to write the begging of it.

what makes a good hook?

I just went with some basic world building, and introduced some of the genre-mixing concepts that my whole story will maintain. It takes place in some vague 1800's Europe, but gets attacked with spaceships. I don't even use the word spaceships as I was writing from the perspective of someone just toiling away in the 1800's. So it introduces that vampires and magic exist, but also there's a lot more going on when spaceships show up and attack the shit out of it. It gets explained further on in the story but my Prologue was effectively designed to show people that I will be utilizing multiple genres rather than your general Fantasy/SliceOfLife thing-thing.

The opening of a novel is critical to how readers enter a narrative. They orient us to the setting, to character, to plot. They often suggest generic categories (mystery, romance, etc.) that are in play. I'll offer a couple of examples here:

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice(1813)
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighbourhood, this truth is so well fixed in the minds of the surrounding families, that he is considered the rightful property of some one or other of their daughters."

Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms (1929)
"In the late summer of that year we lived in a house in a village that looked across the river and the plain to the mountains. In the bed of the river there were pebbles and boulders, dry and white in the sun, and the water was clear and swiftly moving and blue in the channels. Troops went by the house and down the road and the dust they raised powdered the leaves of the trees. The trunks of the trees too were dusty and the leaves fell early that year and we saw the troops marching along the road and the dust rising and leaves, stirred by the breeze, falling and the soldiers marching and afterward the road bare and white except for the leaves."

Now, this type of writing may not pertain to your style but the general premise here should: the initial paragraph opens the story with context. Many stories on Royal Road do not agree, but I offer these to help you orient yourself somewhat.