Re: How do you check if you have applied properly for RR Writathon?

Am I supposed to get some kind of notification or flair that I have applied properly? I am sitting on around 13k words right now, waiting for some kind of go sign. I am scared to post any more chapters so I don't lose what I have written up until this point if my application is not correct/invalid, but I am also scared to try making another application so I don't reset it. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, if it has already been asked, or if it isn't in the right thread. 

Happy Wrote: Am I supposed to get some kind of notification or flair that I have applied properly? I am sitting on around 13k words right now, waiting for some kind of go sign. I am scared to post any more chapters so I don't lose what I have written up until this point if my application is not correct/invalid, but I am also scared to try making another application so I don't reset it. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, if it has already been asked, or if it isn't in the right thread.

I had the same problem last year. I participated and since there was no sign, I doubted if my form actually went through. So I asked the admins and they confirmed my participation. I thought they'd start notifying people this year though. But apparently not...

I don't think it's a dumb question, and I'd like to know too. I filled the contest form out, and also submitted the story but didn't get any notification about either. I didn't know the story was accepted to publish until I saw it in my dashboard, so yeah, I hope it was entered into the contest, since I've already started posting. Things have been updated - maybe there's something in the settings that needs tweaking?

I actually asked myself the same question. 
I uploaded my first chapter on the 4th, waited for it to be approved and then filled out the form. I continued to upload a chapter each day, but didn't get any confirmation so far that I successfully entered the contest. But seeing that I'm not the only one, I just hope that is normal and I'm not supposed to get one? Well, I guess we'll know for sure on the 15th, right? ^^

There isn't any verification, once the post is up and you've filled out the form you're good to go. No need to delay posting. :) As long as your chapters are posted between the start date and the end date, your story description is tagged and submitted to the form, it'll count. It's not a complicated process. xD I'm sure you didn't do it wrong, just go.

I do understand the anxiety, I wasn't sure how it worked my first time around either. But it all worked out. And anyway, worst case scenario if you did mess up your form submission somehow, once the month is over if you finish the challenge but the achievement doesn't show up, you can always just notify the admins and I'm sure they can straighten it out in no time.