Re: Adding a new tag. Can you find any Time Loop stories?

Greetings fellow Royal Travellers of this mighty Road, I seek your assistance, as you walk by.  
Considering 2 of our top 5 rated stories are time loop stories. I think it is time to add a new tag for it.  PeoReading

Please help me find other stories that should be tagged with it. (Please tell me if you verified that it is a time loop or just suspect it based on a description).

Bonus water: 3 to 5? +Rep per link (for the first to report it).
Note: this is not a thread to ask for a new tag. Please keep that to https://feedback.royalroad.com/ 

Ankur_93 Wrote:
Wing Wrote: Considering 2 of our top 5 rated stories are time loop stories.

Are you considering The Many Lives of Cadence Lee as Looping novel?

For some reason, I thought it was - now I'm doubting myself. What would the difference be between Loop, and reincarnation? 
Reincarnation utilises a common theme of a person's life restarting or beginning anew after their death.
While in a loop story, it is a cycle of repetition. I guess, the world uses the same elements in the story as a past life, repeated for at least a 3rd time?

Putting the definition up to debate.

Blessed time : somewhat a time loop or time reset story, MC goes back in time, though the difference is that MC cant die. Guess this one would still apply for the tag?
The Last time loop: Max of the Rebellion : on hiatus, with the author unlikely to return to the site and with basically the entire story having been removed for amazon publishing, so tagging it as such doenst have much meaning, but yeah, since its a time loop, still listing it here

And Menocht is also a time loop, even if its only the first book that takes place in a loop.
Time loop is still a rare tag on RR, simply because it is so hard to write well, i dont think there will be many listed.

I cant help with Cadence Lee, as i havent read it yet so cant judge if its a 'loop' or not.

Zethuron Wrote: Blessed time : somewhat a time loop or time reset story, MC goes back in time, though the difference is that MC cant die. Guess this one would still apply for the tag?
The Last time loop: Max of the Rebellion : on hiatus, with the author unlikely to return to the site and with basically the entire story having been removed for amazon publishing, so tagging it as such doenst have much meaning, but yeah, since its a time loop, still listing it here

And Menocht is also a time loop, even if its only the first book that takes place in a loop.
Time loop is still a rare tag on RR, simply because it is so hard to write well, i dont think there will be many listed.

I cant help with Cadence Lee part, as i havent read it yet so cant judge if its a 'loop' or not.
in Groundhog Day, Phil Connors can't die either, so that counts, p

Wing Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote:

For some reason, I thought it was - now I'm doubting myself. What would the difference be between Loop, and reincarnation? 
Reincarnation utilises a common theme of a person's life restarting or beginning anew after their death.
While in a loop story, it is a cycle of repetition. I guess, the world uses the same elements in the story as a past life, repeated for at least a 3rd time?

Um, taking your memories to another life counts more as reincarnation.
The time loop is more like a restart, going back to a past moment, again and again, like in Groundhog Day, or "All you need is kill".

Wing Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote:

Imo, time loop would be just what it means. A loop. A repetition of some sequence of events that you experience more than once. On the other hand, reincarnation means being reborn or coming back to life after dying. While both might exist in the same story, they aren't the same. For the most famous example, MoL includes dying then coming back to life, so it'd be a reincarnation story. But it also includes experiencing the same thing over and over, so it's a time loop story too...

It might be arguable that a reincarnated person might carry the memories of their previous life, but that doesn't necesserily have to be the case. Or at least not in the beginning of the story...

Anyway, that's just my take...

Wing Wrote:
Ankur_93 Wrote:

As others have pointed out, a time loop is going back to the same point for a restart and that too again and again. Just going once is not time loop either, it is a do-over. 

As for keeping memories through several reincarnations, it is not time loop either as there is no repetition of the same cycle of events. 
Both those genres have certain things that people expect, marking one as the other would mix up expectations of the readers. 

The Perfect Run by Void Herald has time loop in it. 😀
I would also consider Re:Trailer Trash as a time loop story.
But! I won't consider Many Lives of Cadence Lee as a time loop story ❌ since she's unable to go back to the same world twice.
Menocht Loop has time loop but only at the beginnings of the story. Does that count?
Never Die Twice has time loop elements in it, but I won't consider it a time loop story. ❌

To be honest, I don't really think a time loop tag is really necessary, since it's so specific and niche.
If there must be a tag to encompass time loop, isekai, and reincarnation, I would suggest tag called 'redo' or 'start-over' since they start over to another world, or the same world but the past. 
Or you could also call it 'alternate universe' since the future is changed.