Re: Help me grow!

Follower information isn’t available publicly so “follow for follow” doesn’t really work here. Engaging with readers in the author’s notes tends to work so does updating frequently. You can go to the review swap forum and ask for swappers to leave comments too. Tbh, a lot of readers here are silent readers so unless you have like 500+ followers, you won’t see that many comments. Unless you have a super invested reader or write in the LitRPG/Isekai genres 

Edit: I’ll check out your stories but people tend to engage more with stories once they have 100+ pages out unless they’re in the genres i mentioned above. 

readerbreather Wrote: Follower information isn’t available publicly so “follow for follow” doesn’t really work here. Engaging with readers in the author’s notes tends to work so does updating frequently. You can go to the review swap forum and ask for swappers to leave comments too. Tbh, a lot of readers here are silent readers so unless you have like 500+ followers, you won’t see that many comments. Unless you have a super invested reader or write in the LitRPG/Isekai genres 

Edit: I’ll check out your stories but people tend to engage more with stories once they have 100+ pages out unless they’re in the genres i mentioned above.

How do I get followers?

Prince Wrote:
readerbreather Wrote: Follower information isn’t available publicly so “follow for follow” doesn’t really work here. Engaging with readers in the author’s notes tends to work so does updating frequently. You can go to the review swap forum and ask for swappers to leave comments too. Tbh, a lot of readers here are silent readers so unless you have like 500+ followers, you won’t see that many comments. Unless you have a super invested reader or write in the LitRPG/Isekai genres 

How do I get followers?

I'm a big fan of the "If you build it, they will come" strategy. I read your story (Nice job!) But two things I noticed is that your chapters are rather short 300-700ish words and that you don't have a cover image just yet. I suggest working on that for sure! Also your sentences are very short and lack details sometimes. You tell us what Zohaifa is doing. But how about how he is feeling? What he is thinking when he is doing these things? Don't be afraid to go deeper! Give the readers something to talk about and they will! =)

Please keep going and keep updating regularly!
peoapproval

Razzmatazz Wrote:
Prince Wrote:

How do I get followers?

I'm a big fan of the "If you build it, they will come" strategy. I read your story (Nice job!) But two things I noticed is that your chapters are rather short 300-700ish words and that you don't have a cover image just yet. I suggest working on that for sure! Also your sentences are very short and lack details sometimes. You tell us what Zohaifa is doing. But how about how he is feeling? What he is thinking when he is doing these things? Don't be afraid to go deeper! Give the readers something to talk about and they will! =)

Please keep going and keep updating regularly!
peoapproval
Thanks, I will definitely work on that.

Prince Wrote: also, in case of Wattpad, someone said that I need to follow ppl so that they follow me back and have more chance to get reads. If there is anything like that let me know that too. Tell me any kind of stuff.
I wouldn't do this, tbh.

Following someone for the sake of them following them back comes off, to me at least, as not caring about their work and just wanting them to look at yours. If you don't care about someone's work, then they likely won't care about yours.
Hope this doesn't sound harsh, but it's my 2¢

But honestly, the number one way to get followers is to make something that people enjoy. You need to find your audience. DOn't expect to get followers overnight.
Also frequently update, dedicate time to it if you can. Even bi-weekly is good.

well, most of my initial comments were corrections for spelling or grammar. I asked for it, in the pre and post chapter author's notes. Then I fixed the ones that needed fixing, gave the ones replying some reputation and wrote a little reply.

Only a small percentage of your followers will comment. I'm above 2500 followers now and get 20 to 40 comments per chapter. Most of those 'thank you for the chapter'.

How to get followers? Post chapters of decent length. I'd recommend at least 1000. Most of the best-rated stories have longer chapters though. Next, space out your posting. Don't post more than a chapter per day, at most two. Very important also is your blurb (called a synopsis by this site), the little text that is the first thing people read before opening chapter 1. Make sure it's a good selling point, but also that it gives an impression of what the story will be. Cover is important, but not the most important. And lastly but most importantly, write a good story.

People will still visit your story with an irregular posting schedule, and they will still check it out without a cover. They won't try to read it without an interesting blurb and they won't follow if the story isn't interesting. The reason for the longer chapters here is to give them something interesting in the first 3 to 5 chapters, which is as long as people tend to go before reaching a preliminary conclusion

The answer to the question „How to get followers?” is very simple and panful, as I have personally experienced – patience. When I first started, I was extremely anxious since almost no one wanted to read my stuff (posting a romance fantasy on a Lit-RPG heavy platform was not the greatest blockbuster, go figure). But with time I got some lovely followers who often leave a comment or two. As mentioned above, writing an author’s note in the beginning of the chapter urging them to say if they find any mistakes or have questions has proven to be very successful strategy, at least in my case.

So, be patient and do some review swaps.