This thread is locked

Re: October Thread - Promote your Story

A couple of stories to add for those looking for something here.  I'm thoroughly out of practice with writing - haven't done any significant writing in nearly a decade, and my skills are pretty rusty, particularly with making conversations feel natural.  But hey, it took me nearly a thousand pages of writing before I started liking my writing the last time, maybe it will go somewhat faster this time.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1601904025
What Was Lost Outside Time:
My major work at the moment, this is a more psychological work - the narrator isn't exactly unreliable, but if the perspective character isn't aware of something, the reader probably won't be, either.  The first three chapters might be a bit of a slog, but I promise things level off a bit after that.  It's just reached the end of the "battle school" portion of the story, so there's going to be a bit of a shift going forward as I move into the second arc of the story.  This story has a definite beginning, middle, and end, and I know where it is going if not necessarily the exact path I want to take to get there.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1602035505
The Ingress Estate:
A more relaxed story which I'm using to unwind from writing the other story, this is a LitRPG drawing mechanics from a behemoth of a tabletop RPG system I created a few years ago.  You won't see any of those mechanics directly - no level-up screens, or skill descriptions - but you'll see bits and bobs underneath the surface.  My goal is a gothic fantasy story, but I have zero practice at the vibe I'm going for, so we'll see if I can actually succeed at it.

The first Arc of my story is "Sacrifice."   (https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36497/sacrifice)

The start of the story is a naive girl from a dysfunctional volunteers to sacrifice herself and go with a mage so that he will agree not to destroy her family.  She knows that mages can sacrifice victims and use their souls to increase their power, so that going with him she will be facing a fate worse than death.

Without spoiling the plot too much, it is a story that involves elves, dwarves, magic, mages, love, betrayal, heroes and the not so heroic, and many other surprises.  I'm looking forward to writing and sharing this story.

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1602012636

Major thanks to Joan_Ninja_Hen for helping me with such a great cover picture!

Hi! I would love if you were to check out my story. I’m very proud of this since it’s a remake of a childhood story of mine.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36544/gods-scale

A super hero obsessed highschooler's fantasies come to life when he's reborn as an archangel, fated to protecting earth from it's inevitable destruction put forth by an omnipotnet force. The God's scale. 

After saving a youg girl from being harrased, Kai is thanked by being killed and recreated from the ground up. Now with the powers, apperance and memories of the Archangel Saraqael, Kai must prevent the destruction that inhabits Earth. The deciding factor on the earth's destruction is a scale balancing both the goodness and badness of the human heart. After the scale begins to tilt towards the dark, the council of angels in charge of earths realm deem to destroy and recreate it anew. Tackling Gangs, Man made gods and Rouge angels, Kai must restore the balance of good and evil and prevent the purging of earth.

Looking for a Halloween story this Halloween season? Then you need...

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1598294463

They're back! Globetrotting outlaw Dracula finds a powerful ally in an Egyptian crypt—Frankenstein’s monster himself.
Can these two thwart the werewolf regime and take back the night?

An illustrated adventure, with a picture for every chapter. Updates Mon-Wed-Fri, all month!

Zayd Wrote: Zoí Trélas is a story I have been making and enjoying the process. I started the story as a way to improve my skills and improved it has. 

It itself is a story about three children who lived peacefully in an up and coming civilization.
The three were all noticed in their civilization's for their natural born traits and skills.
when they were fifteen their civilization was attacked and their civilization lost loosing most of their civilians and all of their masters.
the three managed to escape to a village a day's journey away but the three did not want to just sit back and waste the training their master's gave them and so they went on quests.
this leads to many strange and dangerous situations with plenty of close calls and discoveries about the world.
Over time the small island of fun and danger becomes an ocean of chaos, violence and complexity.

I would appreciate if you would read the story and tell me what I could do better so I may provide the people interested with a better story and advance my writing skills.
Story link - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35359/zoi-trelas
Current word count:11,747

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FeuulqlR.png

Sam Perez and Maxwell Esprit have been lifelong friends. Nothing's come between them: none of the girls she's been with, none of the boys he's liked, nobody. They’ll do anything with each other, even join an evil supervillain organization together. The greater freedoms, mixed with a pinch of danger, are the perfect ingredients to allure the young and the desperate into the life of a henchman. With this perilous opportunity, however, comes the burdens of keeping their true identities secret, escaping the prying eyes of the law, and surviving in a world out for blood. Sam and Maxwell will be pushed to their breaking points in an ultimate test of their lasting bond. Life is a game, and villains play for keeps.

Have a look if you think you'd be interested in superhero supervillain fiction with a hint of tongue-in-cheek to it! 
We're on a bit of a hiatus currently, but we're planning to post new chapters soon!

The Awakener is a High Fantasy Epic that I have been working on for most of my life at this point. I started it when I was 15, and it's gone through countless revisions and updates since then. When I got to college, I put it down to start working on an Assassin Novel and then fell into a slump of activity on all forms of mediums, opting to instead focus on Game Design. After I went through my first Beta process with my assassin novel, I found the drive to work on this story again with more experience under my belt. It has been a lot easier to work on, and I have fallen in love with the story again now that it's more focused.

Synopsis

The Awakener follows the journey of Vasilios Bouras, a young adult in his early twenties, as he finds his way through life trying to "find his own name." After running away from home seven years prior and then graduating from an Elite Mercenary academy, he finds himself thrust into a conflict between the Three-Sisters Nations in Ellisandere's southernmost continent. Forced into a path and conflict he wanted no part in, he puts a plan in motion to escape only to be pushed deeper into the ancient history of the world and a conflict The Empiric Age knows nothing about. Joined by a Lower Syl Ranger as she searches for her husband from a past life, a guide who has lived more lives than he cares to recount, and the fellow Blades from his squad, Vas is about to learn that not everything can be run from and that eventually, destiny will catch up to you. Either alive or dead, it's his choice to make.

Word Count: 33K or around that.

Hi, I'd appreciate it if you could find time to check out my story.

Title: Endeavour

Synopsis: When a threat to the galaxy resurfaces no one wants to believe it's there. Ali Turner knows better than to ignore this threat, that they can't ignore this threat, but who will listen to a disgraced former captain?

Word count: total approx. 42,000 (but only the first two chapters are up atm so it's 5,200).

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36579/endeavour

If you're looking for a Xianxia Comedy and Satire

When Immortal Ascension Fails Time Travel to Try Again Synopsis:

What is my 1000-year-old monster self to do when I’ve failed my immortal ascension? Time travel — accidentally — and wind up back in my 9-year-old body, needing to re-cultivate, of course. But after that? Get REVENGE! Muahahahaha! 

But the idiot who killed me — also accidentally — was the main character of the dumb harem Xianxia I transmigrated into. But wait. Wasn’t he only 7 or 8 at this point in time? Well, since I can’t harm a child or the main character without suffering in some way, then I’ll just have to raise him better, faster, stronger, and loyal! Muahahahaha!

This brand new story is a series of interconnected and chronological short stories and/or novellas (featuring the same main characters) and is by the author of Cold Steel Dig and Tome of Stealth. 

.Here is the link:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36597/when-immortal-ascension-fails-time-travel-to-try

Art by the author:
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tanyarochester.com%2Fuploads%2F5...l_orig.jpg

Looking for an interesting take on reincarnation? Take a look at my novel

A super hero obsessed High schooler's fantasies come to life when he's reborn as an archangel, fated to protecting earth from it's inevitable destruction put forth by an omnipotent force. The God's scale. 

After saving a young girl from being harassed, Kai is thanked by being killed and recreated from the ground up. Now with the powers, appearance and memories of the Archangel Saraqael, Kai must prevent the destruction that inhabits Earth. The deciding factor on the earth's destruction is a scale balancing both the goodness and badness of the human heart. After the scale begins to tilt towards the dark, the council of angels in charge of earths realm deem to destroy and recreate it anew. Tackling Gangs, Man made gods and Rouge angels, Kai must restore the balance of good and evil and prevent the purging of Earth.

Thank you for opening this topic. I just published the 4th chapter of my ongoing novel. It's a thriller with supernatural elements/ romance/ it’s also a bit dark…
Would love to get some feedback! Thank you!

Summary: A troubled, wanna-be professional MMA fighter ventures into the dark and occasionally bizarre world of Japanese fighting organisations to become the best fighter in the world. He encounters love, hate, brutality, some suspicious, other-worldly beings, and is faced with hard decisions. The life of a fighter is certainly not an easy one, but then again, nothing worth fighting for is easy.   

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36148/diaries-of-a-fighter

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.royalroadcdn.com%2Fcovers-full...1596982892

Dragan Hadrien is a low-level administrator in the Supremacy, the most powerful civilization in the galaxy. In the Supremacy, 'might makes right' is written into law - if you're strong enough to take something, it's yours. With the mysterious power of Aether, a light of the mind that grants abilities unimaginable, one can uncover lost knowledge, crown themselves a king, or even seek a position above that...

For Dragan, however, his primary concern is getting a promotion and taking it easy for the rest of his days - and he's well on his way to doing that, until he finds himself snatched by a gang of dissidents and dragged into the kind of dangerous adventure he hates more than anything else.

With the barest knowledge of Aether and combat, can Dragan survive in a galaxy quickly growing drunk with war?

-

AN: Science fantasy story that's just entered it's second arc! Focuses on a small cast of characters making their way through an intricate world. Updates every Wednesday and Sunday.

I started a new fiction called A Beginner's Guide to Otherworld Cult Management. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36666/a-beginners-guide-to-otherworld-cult-management

It's a Fantasy story I made up by smashing together a bunch of old world building projects I'd completed or half completed.  It's a Isekai and it has a system, but I dunno that it'd count as a true litrpg. I can't guarantee there will be no romance, but there will not be any harem or fan service. I don't intend for there to be any huge powerups quickly, I'm looking toward a slower buildup, and lower "power level fantasy", relative to many of those on here anyway. The magic and world is going to be kind of mystical, but also have some naturalistic elements. 

If that sounds interesting to you, please do give it a try. 

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.discordapp.com%2Fattachments%2F2...allery.jpg

False Prophecy's Book 1 Protagonist, Kon, says hello.

False Prophecy is an eight-part high fantasy saga, currently halfway through its first book and following Kon; a husband, father, bard, teacher, and now Seer (literally See'er of fae). Every human is born with a fae counterpart - a tiny egg of magic potential that watches over and protects them - but only some are chosen by Fate to perceive these living miracles and name them, transforming them into great beasts and incarnations of concepts. When discovered a Seer by circumstance, Kon is taken away from his family and conscripted into a long-prophesied war. Humanity's enemy? The malevolent wraiths that fall with meteors from their planetary ring.

Some things you can expect if you decide to read: 

• Not everyone gets a happy ending. Bad things happen to good people, and their loved ones get hurt.
  • A dark end doesn't mean there's no brightness. No matter the circumstance, there's always joy to be found in life and each other.
  • Family is important, and family can include anyone when faced with the same destiny.
  • Less action (for now), more character moments laced with light-hearted magic and sad dreams.
  • Unique takes and inspirations for the fantasy genre with in-depth worldbuilding (example: Tairn's humans descended from prehistoric raptors, forming nomadic flocks and collective roosts with towering skyscrapers).
  • Like the image above, I occasionally purchase commissions of cast art to help bring the Seers and their mystical fae to life.
If any of this interests you, give the first chapter a look. It will give you an idea of where the story is going, as well as how the first book ends.

True heroes don't stop fighting when all hope is lost. Some heroes can only begin fighting when everything is hopeless.

This thread is locked