This thread is locked

Re: October Thread - Promote your Story

For Authors: Post your story promotion as a reply to this thread.
You can get creative, or you can just post the description, image(if available) and your word count. But most importantly your Royal Road fiction link.

Note: This is somewhat of a first-come, first-served basis, as the earlier you reply, the more likely your description will be read first. Which is why this new thread for self-promotions is going to be monthly based(to not overflow it). At the start of the next month, we will have a new thread, and you can promote your story there again.

For Readers: Did you want more lists to find stories from? well... here is another one, give the stories a shot!     

Feel free to check out my story, it’s been a lot of fun writing it. https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34506/what-it-means-to-be-gifted

Here’s the synopsis:

Since the dawn of the Human race itself, there have been two kinds of people. First was the normal Humans, and then the gifted. They were all born with an innate power, whether it was control over an element like water or fire. Or it could be something more simple like improved eyesight.

At first, they had ruled over ordinary men for millennia, but all empires ended eventually. As their numbers stagnated while the human population boomed, the situation was reversed. Today, gifted individuals were discriminated against in much of the world.

Jasmine lived with her mother in her small town of Tarrin, and she had inherited her gift from her father. After an incident with her friends, she awakened her powers and was ostracized by the rest of the town. With her dad off to war and only her mother to protect her, how will Jasmine grow up in this unjust world?

Though I posted just recently in the now locked September thread, I am nothing if not shameless. Here’s my post from that thread:

… I am submitting my first drafts in the hopes of garnering feedback that will help me improve my abilities. I currently have two stories on RR, both linked in my signature below. The first, Selena’s Reign: The Golden Gryphon takes as its premise the well-worn reincarnation trope, which I am attempting to put a unique twist on. A reductionist but fair description of it is “Napoleonic era warfare with magic.” History buffs will recognize the obvious real world influences, while fans of action will hopefully appreciate the battle scenes once I get past the introductory arcs and world-building:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36157/selenas-reign-the-golden-gryphon

The second is an experimental sci-fi story, revolving around philosophy and questions of personhood and meaning. I call it experimental because the dialogue of the second lead character, an android, is to a great extent written by a neural network, meaning that only part of the story is “organic.” I’m open to receiving feedback on this story as well, but must advise potential reviewers that they risk criticizing the AI’s writing rather than my own:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35783/amie-android

(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Synopsis
Katsuragi Kenta was a gamer. He did exactly what he needed to obtain the games he wanted and the time to play them; nothing more, nothing less. When his entire class is transported to a fantasy world, Kenta is suddenly an expert on their situation and the world around them. Naturally, he sets out on his own to escape his two faced classmates.
Two months later he returns and discovers that Momokawa Kyou, formerly the most popular girl in class, was left behind by their classmates. The two strike up an uneasy alliance despite despising each other. What’s more, they may have to work together to survive a curse.
Kenta will have his hands full surviving his new fantasy world. If the monsters don’t get him, Kyou just might!

Reasons to read the story:
* It's a story in the style of a Japanese Light Novel, written in English by a German; that has to mean something!
* The story mixes well-known cliches with a fresh breath of originality and satire. If you seek new and old at the same time, it may be for you!
* There is a big comedic element involved.
* The MC is neither OP, nor a clear underdog, it's a story about growth in power and personality, and this MC has a lot to grow personality-wise.
* The girls in this harem-story are strong personalities, for better or worse, and have their own wants and needs without any relation to the MC.
* Volume 7 is currently on weekly release schedule

Title: Legendary Crafting System

Genre: Action, Adventures, Martial arts, Wuxia, Litrpg.

Tags: R-18(Gore), Beast Companions, Crafting, Male Lead, Super Powers.

Synopsis: In the boundless cosmos where numerous planes exist, there was a world called the Martial Land. It was a world where people practices martial arts to gain superpowers. things like smashing a huge rock with a single fist, flying into the air with a simple jump.

One day, Qin Yun, a boy who was born without the talent to become a martial artist received a crafting system. from that day onward, he will aim to become the greatest craftsman to protect his little sister and reunite with his family.

The mc is a legendary crafter, puppet master, sword genius, and a lovely big brother.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36382/legendary-crafting-system

You can check out my story here: Rejecting the tides - The business of dungeons

Because you can read the synopsis there, I'll try to sell it a bit more here.
First though, has the prospect of a dungeon story every frustrated you because the author sort of just says 'dungeons exists because they do'?

If yes, then I can already recommend this to you. Dungeons have a purpose, and they were designed and built for that purpose. A core concept of everything in my story is business, and dungeons are no different. That doesn't mean people get treasure though, because treasure in dungeons obviously makes sense...
If you don't mind isekai, because I know some people needlessly loathe the genre, then maybe you'll take interest in my story.

Let's be real though, it's not perfect though. As for its major flaw, I'd say the slow pacing would put most people off. Admittantly I am trying to fix that in new chapters though. Also, you may find yourself bored that this story really isn't about the dungeon improving to kill more adventurers, mainly since the dungeon needs to be beatable to encourage more people to attempt it. At its core, this is really just an isekai story where the guy is trying to survive in a position with a lot of power, but he's also not an idiot.

https%3A%2F%2Fa.wattpad.com%2Fcover%2F190356706-256-k931755.jpg

He wants revenge. She wants her throne. The Nightmare wants their souls.
Titus escaped Nivandor the first time by the skin of his teeth, and he was perfectly happy never to set foot in that world again. After all, not all of his friends made it out alive. So when his lord proposes a sight-seeing trip back to the tumultuous, dragon-infested lands with ambitions of one-day becoming queen, he politely refuses. Of course, Titus has no say in the matter thanks to a deal he made with his guild stating that wherever his lord was, he had to be, all in the name of paying off his student loans.  As Titus steels himself to revisit the land of nightmares past, another nightmare looms just around the corner, ready to sweep him and his lord away forever.

For a trip to Nivandor never ends the way one expects it to, and only the cunning make it out alive.

Genre: Adventure, Psychological, Grimdark

DREADWOLF

"Monster power fantasy. Eat and become Stronger, Bigger, Dominant.

Rain is a survivor who got the short end of the stick in life. Reborn as a
terrifying and dangerous monster everything changes and he has the chance to truly grow."

This is a revenge story where the main character is killed and reborn as a werewolf like monster that grows larger and stronger as it eats.
It's main theme could be summed up with the word 'Dominance'. I've been keeping that word in mind throughout writing it.
It does not fade to black on sexual scenes or gore, it keeps it up front as is fitting for the theme, fair warning.

https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FZgkHmBL%2Fd847da3-617b454...d2bff5.jpg

An action-adventure novel about second chance and time reverse, in an apocalyptic war in the atmosphere of a dark medieval-fantasy world

When I was summoned to another world with every other human on Earth to serve as a front-line soldier in a war against an invasion of nightmarish creatures, I knew right away that I was going to shit my breakfast on my pants. Especially when they said that with the powerful blessings of the Wizards and the Gods, they were going to turn us into superhumans and half-wizards, everything they said sounded like "you're a fucking cannon fodder!".
I was right. The war? We lost him so badly that all races became extinct. Me? I was a fucking veteran who survived until the end.. Was I strong? Fuck yeah, of course I was, except... it was useless, I died like everyone else. 
The bad news? When I thought it was finally over, I woke up when I was summoned at the beginning of the war, 14 years in the past. That, and also the fact that every time I die, I am resurrected at the beginning of the war. Unbelievable, right? When I think that the first time I was resurrected, I thought it would be easy to save the world. I was so naive!

The novel I'm currently working on is basically a love letter to older Wuxia novels like Legends of the Condor Heroes and The Book and the Sword. The protagonists cultivate martial arts, but many of the moves they learn/use are inspired by real martial arts and are very grounded in reality. Some of them are a bit outlandish, but I've spent time going through old Taoist texts and eastern medicine books to make sure that they at least make sense.

The story opens a couple months after the Emperor's Jade Sword is stolen by a skilled swordsman. Lakhuto, my main protagonist, has his sect framed for the theft and destroyed by an imperial army. He's sent on a quest across China to both figure out what happened and save the last few remaining members of his sect, who are imprisoned at the capital. 

You can check it out here: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35434/an-ode-to-swordsmen.

New chapters generally come every few days, but I've been exceptionally busy for the last week so I'm a bit behind. 

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FPjsri0Q.jpg

Stitched

Quick Blurb

The day she turned 18—on the day of the December Solstice—a breach in the sky inundated the world with unfamiliar particles, altering humans and animals alike.

On her 22nd birthday, civilization collapsed, and the monsters took control.

In a fallen world, Amy Sullivan fights against the nightmares lurking behind every door, while searching for the person who killed her sister, and left her to die.

Tags
Horror, Psychological, SciFi, Female Lead, Post Apocalyptic, LitRPG

If you like Post Apocalyptic survival stories, give mine a try!

Defenders of Fantasmyth, a high fantasy xenofiction story set in a world of elves, dwarves, dragons, and many other mythical races.

The story revolves a dragon with a thing for annoying wordplay gets into a series of crazy events, beginning with an encounter with a magical draconic construct who has ambitions grander than his original purpose. Features multiple POVs, plenty of humor mixed with zany characters, a loose magic system and a serious, consolidated plot. Chapters usually average around 2500-3000 words.

Not many chapters yet and updates are slow, but I welcome you to give the story a try. Here's the link.
This thread is locked