Re: I'm looking for help or a tutorial for the signature on the forum

I'm desperately looking in the forum for a tutorial or a topic on how to create a well-made (and therefore clean) link for the cover image of my novel, so that it looks good in my signature, but without success.

Do you have any tips on how to do this? Are some sites better than others at getting a link that doesn't show an error in the code next to the image?

Thanks to you.

If you resize the image to be no more than 200 pixels tall, you'll be able to eliminate the scroll bar on your signature so people can see the whole image at once. I don't know if 200 is the exact limit; it's just the first option I tried that worked.

Edit: I just noticed you have text above your image. It's possible that the image size is fine, and it's scrolling because the extra height comes from the text, so what I said may not be accurate. If so, you can either do it the way I did it (without any text), or maybe there's a way to move the text to the side of the image.

Edit 2: If you want to do it the way I did it, just delete the entire signature, click on the "Insert an image" tool and give it the URL of your image, then highlight the whole thing (including the image tags) and click on the "Insert a link" tool, then give it the URL of your story. Right now, your cover image links to your cover image, rather than to the story. I hope this helps.

Andrew_Udell Wrote: For anyone else who stumbled upon this and looking for a step-by-step guide:

1. Go to https://www.royalroad.com/account/signature
2. Press Generate for my Fictions
3. Press Save Changes

There's probably more nuance to this if you want to customize it beyond the auto-generation feature, but it works
For anyone who wants the "nuance", Xian wrote a guide on creating signatures. I believe the auto-generate button is based on their work. It can be found here:
https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/107061