Re: Hello Everyone!

Hi!

So I've been reading stories on Royal Road for a few months now...even predating the pandemic actually. But I've only recently decided to dip my toe into publishing my own work. 

While I have written several novels, I've only published non-fiction work (gaming supplements for tabletop rpgs) and that was mostly through pdf sites and print on demand.  

I was born and raised in the US, but have lived in Scotland for the last 15 years.

Readingwise, I'm mostly into fantasy, urban fantasy, and a little sci-fi. Big fan of older fiction, such as Moorcock, Tolkein, and Glenn Cook. Also digging some more modern writers like BROM and Adrian Tchaikovsky. 

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and find some great fiction to read!

Welcome to the other side of Royal Road. You're about the fifth person I've seen over the last month or so who went from reading on Royal Road to sharing their writing. A very welcome development. Have also seen a number of people whose gaming experience led them to start writing. All you need to complete the trifecta is a cat (seems to be a lot of cat people here on Royal Road, myself included). Hope you enjoy your writing experience here. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to the other side of Royal Road. You're about the fifth person I've seen over the last month or so who went from reading on Royal Road to sharing their writing. A very welcome development. Have also seen a number of people whose gaming experience led them to start writing. All you need to complete the trifecta is a cat (seems to be a lot of cat people here on Royal Road, myself included). Hope you enjoy your writing experience here. Good luck.

LOL thanks! I am looking forward to it and it's been fun so  far (day 3!). 

Sadly I am allergic to cats, but I have many stuffed penguins, does that count?

A Wrote: I have a question: How is the book in your tag NOT Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Well, I have only ever seen two or three episodes of it, but primarily I would say mine has nothing to do with mechs for a start. Not so much teen angst, though there is some I guess?

But isn't that basically like asking how is any fantasy novel not Lord of the Rings?

Localforeigner Wrote: Hi!

So I've been reading stories on Royal Road for a few months now...even predating the pandemic actually. But I've only recently decided to dip my toe into publishing my own work. 

While I have written several novels, I've only published non-fiction work (gaming supplements for tabletop rpgs) and that was mostly through pdf sites and print on demand.  

I was born and raised in the US, but have lived in Scotland for the last 15 years.

Readingwise, I'm mostly into fantasy, urban fantasy, and a little sci-fi. Big fan of older fiction, such as Moorcock, Tolkein, and Glenn Cook. Also digging some more modern writers like BROM and Adrian Tchaikovsky. 

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and find some great fiction to read!

Welcome on the Royal Road!