Re: Review Swap!

Hi all!

I'm posting a review swap for my sci-fi story AMONGST THE SKY. It's a slow-burn, multi-POV novel that depicts the social and political impact of an alien invasion. If anything, I'd suggest reading to at least chapter six (30 pages in). 

A bit about me: I've been writing books for 11 years now, struggled with dyslexia throughout my time as a youngster (don't let that dissuade you!) and have spent a lot of time reading Stephen King and Darren Shan books. I have experience in all genres across the board, so I don't mind any requests. I know my grammar how I know the back of my own hand, so I won't give you any wrong suggestions and if I'm not sure about something I won't put it down. It should go without saying that I comment my thoughts on each chapter; I'd love for you-all to do the same.  

I follow a 4-star rule, where if I would rate below a 4 star, I don't review/rate. I'm very generous when it comes to marking things, so don't expect an obnoxiously picky reader/pedant.  peolaughing

Please PM me for any specific feedback you'd like; I tend to give mostly positive feedback. 

I'd be happy to do a swap with you, your story sounds really interesting.

It's funny because I was just watching a review about Liu Cixin's The Three Body Problem and your blurb reminds me of that. So I'll definitely be giving you a read.

As far as feedback goes, I'm happy with whatever you have to offer. I'm always looking for opinions on my main story as I know it's different in the narrative choices I've made and the focus I place on the group as a character rather than individual characters.

I have a few other reviews to get through but I'm currently on vacation and have some free time to get them done.

Hey, this sounds cool, I'd be down for that! I have three point of views, the last one isn't introduced until chapter 13 -  that's way over a hundred pages in. I reckon you could get a pretty good idea of what's going to happen after chapter 5, that's a little more than fifty pages in. I'd of course try to read about the same amount from your story, so let me know what you'd prefer?
(My story is in my signature, if you want to take a look first)

Hi, if you have time for one more, I'd be happy to swap. Yours sounds really interesting. Mine is also a ,multiple POV sci/fantasy - two if you get to the thirty page mark -the chapters are short 
I'll have time before the weekend is over, if you like. 
The link is in the signature.
PS the second story is brand new. Ratings are always welcome :)

Journey Of The Unrivaled Mage

I would love a review swap. Here is the synopsis of my novel:
What will you get when you give a Conqueror an Unrivaled System, and send them to The Magus World?
An Unrivalled Mage!
Follow William as he journeys through The Magus World and advances over the blood, sweat, and tears of his enemies along with his friends and subordinates to realize his ambitions and fulfill his goals.
"Oooh, so he is threatening to embarrass me in front of everyone at the auction tomorrow? 
How can this young master allow him to do that? 
I'll immediately use my cheat to show him who's the boss!
Then let's see who gets the last laugh.
Ha hahaha!"

The story has 30 chapters and 32K words so far. I'd really appreciate your input. I'll also review your story as a 'Thank You'.

You can find the link to my story in my signature.

Seerica Wrote: I'll be glad to exchange feedback even if it takes a while. Although I should I say that my reviews are closer to first impressions than indepth breakdowns.
The story itself is a sci fi slice of life.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23547/a-super-robot-story

If it's first impressions, I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy my story. Since it's a slow-burn and takes 30 pages for the plot to begin. 

I'll try squeeze yours (along with everyone else's) in to the list. I might not have it up for a while, though. :)

Auraptor Wrote: Another sci-fi author? I'm totally in for a swap, the premise of your book intrigues me. My own is in my signature. I'll try to review your story as well as I can.

I'll try make a schedule for the last few (including this one). I'd say Wednesday I could have yours up! I'm planning to do at least one review per day!  peoapproval

ArthurScott Wrote:
Seerica Wrote: I'll be glad to exchange feedback even if it takes a while. Although I should I say that my reviews are closer to first impressions than indepth breakdowns.
The story itself is a sci fi slice of life.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/23547/a-super-robot-story

If it's first impressions, I'm not sure how much you'll enjoy my story. Since it's a slow-burn and takes 30 pages for the plot to begin. 

I'll try squeeze yours (along with everyone else's) in to the list. I might not have it up for a while, though. :)

I can read much more than the first 30 pages, don't worry. I just meant that it wont be as long and detailed as some of the reviews I received. Those set an impressive example to follow.