This thread is locked

Re: September Thread - Promote your Story

"What would you do if your life, memories, and feelings were suddenly tied to another person? 
Six people. One life. 
A spoiled prince haunted by a ghost. A big city swindler with a knack for illusions. A cold soldier with a sharp eye. A pirate with a few screws loose. A chieftain’s bookish daughter with carefully bandaged hands. A peacekeeping agent with an eye for vengeance. 
After simultaneously knocking on death’s door, these six find themselves psychically connected across national lines. Tensions rise between them and between their respective countries, which are recovering from a long war over the mysterious vitae—an energy source harvested and utilized in weapons and engines called conductors. Loyalty, memory, and sense of self blur as conspiracies encroach. 
Assassination attempts, a border conflict, a missing peacekeeping agent, a bar shootout, a tale of a bloodthirsty beast, and the terrorist organization ELPIS. 
—Everything is connected. Nothing is coincidental. The spark has ignited…!What would you do if your life, memories, and feelings were suddenly tied to another person? "

Six Chances part 1 is finished and part 2 is ongoing!

I'm just getting started with this, but I am working on it every day!

The Astronomer - From rural pre-WW1 Austria, astronomer Gustav Silber has located the singular, finite "origin point" from whence all that exists once emerged. Emil Weiss, the apprentice of Gustav Silber himself, doubts his mentor's theory, believing it might be Silber's attempt to proclaim himself a god.
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35537/the-astronomer

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHOhRLnW.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.jpg

(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Synopsis
Katsuragi Kenta was a gamer. He did exactly what he needed to obtain the games he wanted and the time to play them; nothing more, nothing less. When his entire class is transported to a fantasy world, Kenta is suddenly an expert on their situation and the world around them. Naturally, he sets out on his own to escape his two faced classmates.
Two months later he returns and discovers that Momokawa Kyou, formerly the most popular girl in class, was left behind by their classmates. The two strike up an uneasy alliance despite despising each other. What’s more, they may have to work together to survive a curse.
Kenta will have his hands full surviving his new fantasy world. If the monsters don’t get him, Kyou just might!

Reasons to read the story:
* It's a story in the style of a Japanese Light Novel, written in English by a German; that has to mean something!
* The story mixes well-known cliches with a fresh breath of originality and satire. If you seek new and old at the same time, it may be for you!
* There is a big comedic element involved.
* The MC is neither OP, nor a clear underdog, it's a story about growth in power and personality, and this MC has a lot to grow personality-wise.
* The girls in this harem-story are strong personalities, for better or worse, and have their own wants and needs without any relation to the MC.
* Volume 7 is currently on weekly release schedule

Fate Of The Swordsmen

Anarion Ragnor struggles to move ahead in a world that is on the brink of collapse. Demons, Gods, Undead, Cursed Beings and more are all fighting for control of Terath. Anarion a student on his way to graduation from the Swordsmen Academy struggles to cope with his issues of abandonment while those around him are trying to breach through the emotional mask he wears to protect himself from becoming attached to the people around him.

Anarion is forced to live in the Shadow of his older brother who has fastly become one of the most renown Swordsmen alive. Dealing with his insurecity, ineptitude and inner fears. Anarion must face the world and himself. Swordsmen are ancient Warriors who wield legendary blades that can become so powerful they could shatter reality. They also know a unique magic called Elestran.

[img]<a href=[/img]https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FgF87KQk%2FFOTS.png

Historia Apocrypha: Vegas' Demon:

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FNL4m97e.png

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35586/historia-apocrypha-vegas-demon

A dark tale about hidden worlds, secret societies, and mysterious entities that battle in an invisible war. Something is happening in Las Vegas. A freaky storm has suddenly erupted, the birds have flown away and people are going crazy. Jesús Maltés and Winifred O'Hara are sent to investigate the strange phenomena.

This thread was so fun to read.

I'm currently posting my novel Psy, a chapter a day (they're mostly pretty short chapters, and there are 79 in total). After that I'm going to continue the story here on RR.

Psy is a light sci-fi, set in London. The main character is Jessa Baxter, and her main parapsychological ability is telekinesis. She's just started attending The Winsbury School of Parapsychology, the most prestigious parapsych school in London. But her abilities start to become stronger, which leads her to a path where she and her friends discover a lot more darkness than they thought possible.

A little sci-fi, a little magical realism, a little adventure, a little mystery, a little scary...

Check out Psy here:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34279/psy

Note: the main characters are teenagers but my biggest pet peeve in YA lit is teenage crushes and weird love triangles. There's none of that here.

[/url]

[url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34587/what-happened-to-the-mouse-an-interactive-mystery]https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo2UmFtx.png

(Click image for link to story)

Title: 
What Happened to the Mouse?[/left]

Genre: Mystery/Sci-Fi

Description:
Seven years ago, Maria's mother vanished, and she was taken in by her Uncle Johann, a reclusive inventor. Now she stands accused of her uncle's murder under circumstances that mirror her mother's disappearance: a locked room, a sole suspect, and a lab mouse that appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

As the building is locked down, a hard-nosed federal agent launches an investigation under a cloak of secrecy. Whatever Uncle Johann's latest invention does, it's dangerous enough to be locked away forever. And if Maria can't uncover the truth, she will meet the same fate.

In this interactive story, it is up to you to use your comments to study the clues, solve the riddles, and help Maria clear her name.

Tags: Reader Interactive; Female Lead

Warnings: Some violence, both implied and shown, but no emphasis on gore or shock value. Grief and trauma are addressed.

Word Count: 18,044 so far.

Who Might Like This Story?
* People who like puzzles and enjoy playing around with ideas.
* Readers who like watching other people figure out puzzles.
* Fans of cartoonish-yet-thoughtful games such as Ace Attorney and the Zero Escape series. People who like their mystery with a touch of the outlandish.

New Horizons

A lone human has made contact with an alien species, the first human to do so ever. Follow Eli as he befriends the Glint and as they figure out what aliens mean for the future.

A scifi space opera story currently at 21k words and roughly weekly updates. 

Multiple MCs, Non-human MC

I'm a new author and this is my first story. Feel free to tear it apart and leave some criticism and tips.

Well, I completely forgot about this,didnt I? Welp, here's my story. 

An 'Ordinary' Adventure.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/30266/an-ordinary-adventure

Genres - Action, Adventure, fantasy and comedy

- contains Gore and Profanity.

A series of unfortunate events lead to the self-proclaimed ordinary guy, Knight Yuudai, to be imprisoned in another world. He, and a young girl he was imprisoned with, must escape together.
They will travel across the demon-infested Dragon Lands to reach the exiled races, who were born from the Elder Dragon. Along the way he must fight the parasites that are the demons.
His journey will make him bear witness to the horrors and wonders this world has to offer, while desperately searching for the last bit of familiarity that resides at the floating world tree.

- Light novel format with each chapter consisting of a multitude of 1k-3k parts. Chapters as a whole are around 20k.
- Isekai where the protagonist isn't op for once! Actually far from it.
- Cute lolis for all those who love 'em, but don't worry, it will still include your typical big-chested women.
- A tale that starts off despairingly and evolves along with the mc into a hopeful adventure!
- Fun magic and combat! Flexible power but weak protag
- a few brothels along the way ;) 
- A new world filled with vast lore for the protagonist to discover on his journey! And hopefully, some side stories taking place in the past!
- Oh, I said hopeful... yes and no. Definitely becomes hopeful but, as the abyss encroaches on the DragonLand continent, something similar crawls its way into our protagonist.
- If you like Satella encroaching on Subaru's life in Re zero, this will include something similar. Hehe

I really hope you guys will give it a read!

The PROTAGON-ISH

Who’s the big bad, fire-breathing, knight-crunching, castle-pillaging dragon? Well, honestly, not Faffy, the baby dragon. 
Between dodging experience-starved players in the game world of 7EVEN, and trying to conquer the Dragon Clan that banished her family - Faffy just wants to become a [PROTAGONIST] and make her sire proud.
The only problem? Faffy was tiny, timid, weak and always hungry. That, and the fact the 7 deadliest threats in the world are hell-bent on hunting her tiny hind scales.

Our little hatchling will need to survive swords, magic, the occasional damsel in distress and even missing snack time. To at least be a little special - to be a [PROTAGON-ISH].

Tides Of Protomis 
Drawing Of the 4 Main Characters
An anime Inspired(Shonen- Specifically) story that i'm creating, I'd appreciate any reviews so i can improve upon it more.  This is written in a script-like format, but the actions are described in a regular way, as for the rewritten chapters. Even then, you may not enjoy, so it is your choice. I haven't gotten all the chapters out, as i'm currently Improving the earlier ones, and I've made it up to 17. 

Synopsis
The year is 2016 AD, 3 years after the devastating third world War, where over 100 million died. Enter Arctaius Corde, once a young boy fighting life or death battles, connected to this very war, he manages to survive using his abilities as a Proto-human. Today, he is a "troubled" student, 15 years old and first year in high school. He lives in the Shīma ward of Tokyo, after arriving there by special circumstances. he was able to live more peacefully. This peace ends as the mysterious group that appeared during his childhood resurfaces,and he begins chasing them. Corde faces new trials.

While the deaths are not exactly that brutal, There is a large amount of deaths in this story. 

80,862 Words, 294 Pages

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33613/tides-of-protomis-arc-1

Tags
  • Male Lead
  • Multiple Leads
  • Science Fiction 
  • (some) Mecha
  • Action

Ah, let me shamelessly promote my story. My story, A world of Monsters,  follows a monster and a human in a system word, with a Buddhist/Hindu philosophy. The System is especially influenced by this philosophy. 

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/35642/a-world-of-monsters

Things I can promise, in the story:
1. Grammar [As per Graammerly]
2. Monster will be a monster while the human will be a human.
3. Evolutions.
4. No harem.
5. Grimdark
6. Well defined characters [In my opinion at least XD]
7. No OPness.

If any of these things catch your attention, give the story a read.

Rise of the Mechanar

At twenty-years, Nicholas has lived his life to fulfill a vow. With the obligation settled, he yearns for answers to the mystery of his own origin. To solve it, he will need to venture to the old continent, the Ancient Capital, and to the midst of the war waged to reclaim it from the monsters that have driven humanity from it, countless millennia ago. He has planned for this, with years of effort in the making.

Yet not all plans survive, and with the advent of heathen invaders, he swears another promise and finds himself alone in the wilderness of the old continent. With enemies, both monster and human, surrounding him on all sides, he draws on ancient powers that may finally provide the answers he was looking for all along.

However, the night is long and he must tread carefully on his newfound powers, because he may turn into something that even monsters fear.

Title: Ascension

Genre: Xianxia/Sci-Fi

Summary: Protagonist Liu Feng struggles with his identity, as he unravels the mystery of the war between the Devas and the Asuras. All this while he increases his cultivation, gaining resources by any means neccesary. 

Page Count: 163

Chapters: 21 (1 chapter a day/ 5 chapter a week)

I will be editing the grammar for the first few chapters next week. Till then I hope you guys can bare with the grammar at the start, but I can promise you the writing style and the grammar does improve over time in the later chapters. Though I am still improving.

This thread is locked