Re: Knock-off photoshop online programs for those with no experience.

So was going through my computer and found some of my old projects and remembered what I did when I used to know nothing about photoshop.

I thought this forbidden knowledge could help some people, maybe not, I am just throwing it out here for those who might need it.

Which brings us here, I used the forbidden online trinity which made me edit photos almost like using photoshop.

1: For those with no experiences the most notable problem would taking out a selected thing from a photo and turning the background transparent.
I introduce to you Cutmypic.com you can easily select and identify which part of the picture you want and the website would take out, not only that you could option to make the background transparent or colored, your choice.

2:You need background, now that you have your photo you want to add some side stuff, a background, or some extra color, I offer you pngwave.com.
If there is a background or extra items you need to add to your photo and free, you are most likely going to find it there (Although you need to credit the maker most of the times, please do since you are using them for free).

3:lastly but not the least, now that you have all the stuff you need you to lay them on each, some parts need cropping while others need some adjustments, you might need to add some text. I introduce pixlr.com/x/ all you need to put your photo together, not only that it also has some tutorials to teach most of its features.

The best of these is that you don't need to pay or download anything all of them are online and free.

Those were fruits of me trying to edit photos like photoshop without learning how to use photoshop (Don't judge me), there might be better options but those never failed me.

I've used Canva, which has the benefit of cover templates and some included images, both royalty-free ones and ones you have to pay to use. It's not a full-featured editor, but it it's quick and a lot friendlier than GIMP. 

(I still use GIMP for more intense editing that requires advanced features and path tools, but it's a bit clunky. I recommend it as a free alternative to Photoshop, but not for lightweight editing, and I can't say much for its user-friendliness or speed.)

Xian Wrote: ah pixlr, that takes me back.  back when the future was all online programs that you could access from any browser and not have to download.

Yeah, they then realized they will not make much money and decided to make most of the hard editing features only pay to use. they got me like (Oh we will show them but you can't use them).

ferdielance Wrote: (I still use GIMP for more intense editing that requires advanced features and path tools, but it's a bit clunky. I recommend it as a free alternative to Photoshop, but not for lightweight editing, and I can't say much for its user-friendliness or speed.)

I really like GIMP, it is good for those who know how to use, it is just you have to download.

I Was talking you have a presentation In 30 minutes you have the materials on a flash drive and realize you are missing graphics and pictures or that some pictures need editing. (Believe me, I have seen that a lot)

nnerd Wrote: I recently moved to Linux and found out they had no Photoshop. That was disappointing, to say the least. While looking for alternatives, I found GiMP - which is great. But even better one is; https://www.photopea.com. It's basically photoshop but on a browser. It does almost everything PS does and I would say its a little less complicated.

Never tried or even saw it at the time, I wish I had though.
But the most important question, Why on earth would you use Linux?