Re: Hi All !

Welcome to RoyalRoad!

It helps to remember that everyone of those long running stories started out just like you. An old post by Shirtaloon, from 'He Who Fights With Monsters', arguably one of the bigger success stories here, shows him two weeks into hiw writing and being bummed out by an anonymous 0.5 rating. They're people just like you and me :) Write as you like, don't mind the details and remember to enjoy yourself!

Welcome to Royal Road. Lots of great stories here. I have far too little free time to even attempt reading any of the longer stories. I actually like to finish what I start reading. So I wouldn't let all these stories with hundreds of chapters intimidate you. Tell your story the way you want to whether it ends up to be 30 or 500 chapters. If people like your story, they'll keep reading it. That's all any writer can ask for. Good luck.

cmr Wrote: looks like I have some running to do to catch up to some tho

You'll find your own stride ^__^

Don't forget that most of the books that have a bajillion chapters/pages have been on the site for a LONG time.  And those that have high page counts while only being on site for a month or less are either written by people that don't know how to properly serialize their pre-written work, or are insane, or unemployed, or all of the above.

https%3A%2F%2Femoji.slack-edge.com%2FT034UDT5C%2Fo...cd12b3.png

Welcome! I think it's worth noting that not everyone wants to read a super-massive epic, so there's a niche for a lot of different approaches. 

I'm not planning to break 70k words with my current WIP even when it's done, for example. Just tell your story at a length that makes sense for you!