Re: Just a fun little question to all the authors here.

If your novel hypothetically gets adapted to Anime/Tv shows.
How many episodes will you need to cover your entire novel?

Would you rather make an anime 12/24 episode season-wise, like My hero academia?

OR

Just do like the mainstream with an episode marathon, just like Naruto, One piece, Black clover, etc?

OR

Make a movie and maybe make a series, like Marvel Avengers?
---

It's not wrong to dream, hope everyone novel get the recognization that they deserve :)

its sort of like asking how many socks are needed to make a shoe.  Serial and episodic writing is what it is, and more like writing short stories than novels. Most Television shows are episodic , most anime is serial storytelling. The use of hook and cliffhanger are different, the internal scene dependencies are different, the structure is different. I am not going to espouse a preference, just note that one form is not like the other. It would be and is possible to transpose, or rewrite an overall novel plot and character complement to create a series of episodes, but you would have something different, something based on the novel, not a chapter by chapter presentation. Novel pacing just does not lend itself to that sort of presentation very often. You might think so, until you try it, and find yourself having to rewrite everything.  Novels, just generally, are adapted to screen presentation by script writers, not "presented".  The sheer amount of verbal dialog and inner narrative in the average book used to complete a scene would prohibit most episodes. where graphics carry much of the weight dialog provides in books.

What this means in practical terms, is the series would be written in as many  episodes as the producers decided on. Regardless of the novel version.

The Brotherhood Archives is better off as a 12 episode anime than some sprawling marathon anime as the stories themselves aren't that long. I mean sure Edict is long. Hy'Ruh-ha was written to be short. In fact, one might say I took some inspiration from those 12-15 episode slice-of-life anime as they were the only source of examples that I can find considering that slice-of-life fantasy novel aren't that big of a things.

Those Edict posses some issues as it's twice as long as the previous story due to may ambitions getting away from me. However, the story isn't long enough fro a sprawling anime. You could probably cover it in 25 episodes or less.

A show with multiple seasons, no. It's not that kind of story.The moment it gets away form the source material, it'll be a trainwreck. Think Game of Thrones.

A movie, no. Can't condense everything in a 1hr 30min. The Last Airbender it will be like. Plus I don't want to imagine what they might change to fit a movie audience. I mean if this is for a Japaneses market, I have a little hope. Western market, I have no doubt it'll be terrible. They'll change too much stuff to the point it'll be under the category of the movies that don't exist.