Re: Hello there.

Call me Shermuqfil. I've gone through many names, ghostwritten many stories, but now I want to try my hand at writing something original, preplanned and outlined, for the world to see.

I am joining this forum in hopes of polishing my skills further. My favorite authors whom I've discovered from this platform are nobody103 (Mother of Learning) and mooderino (The Good Student, Deeper Darker, his collection of short stories).

I'm into very broad fields and dislike hyper-specialization. My field of studies, my job, and my hobbies rarely intersect. 

My favorite genres are time travel, mystery, and slice of life with romance. I'm a sucker for nostalgia inducing manga and anime. I like to watch anime, but more than that I like reading fanfiction of said anime after it ends, exploring how different that world could have been. If possible, I would like to live as a character in all of the hundreds of stories I've come across. 

If you've got questions, feel free to ask. ^^

You are definitely welcome here! My experience has been that it's good group of people hungry for great storytelling, so when you're ready to begin, you'll find an audience. 

My work is more old school, so it might not be anything you'd like to read, yet that's the beauty of this site. Whatever your tastes are, you'll likely find something you'll enjoy. Best of luck with your fiction!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29990/terramagica

David Wrote: You are definitely welcome here! My experience has been that it's good group of people hungry for great storytelling, so when you're ready to begin, you'll find an audience. 

My work is more old school, so it might not be anything you'd like to read, yet that's the beauty of this site. Whatever your tastes are, you'll likely find something you'll enjoy. Best of luck with your fiction!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29990/terramagica

Thank you!  See you around the forum, I guess!

Oskatat Wrote: Welcome to the Royal Road!

Best of luck with your fiction, as usual.

Personally I think a broad interest can only be a benefit to writing or telling a story as the little details this allows you to add make a world come alive

Have fun and see you around!

So it seems. Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Welcome to Royal Road. The best part of writing is writing what you want to write. I think you'll find a lot to enjoy here on Royal Road and readers here enjoy a variety of genres so you'll fit right in. Although I mostly write science fiction, I do enjoy writing other genres from time to time. Must admit it's a lot of fun to do something different. Hope your stories attract many readers. Good luck.

Drew Wrote: Welcome, Shermuqfil! Hope you enjoy the community, and good luck with your story!

Danke!

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. The best part of writing is writing what you want to write. I think you'll find a lot to enjoy here on Royal Road and readers here enjoy a variety of genres so you'll fit right in. Although I mostly write science fiction, I do enjoy writing other genres from time to time. Must admit it's a lot of fun to do something different. Hope your stories attract many readers. Good luck.

Time travel does come under science fiction, and I do mainly writer Sci-Fi. I have an idea for a story regarding the mixture of Science and Magic. Trying to experiment ways to make the story give off warmth, y'know, instead of being something that has an overarching "system" into which things fit i.e. the trend of basically energy with a different name suffusing humans, or alternate fuel, and presto, the planet is changed.

TigerWarrioress Wrote:
Shermuqfil Wrote: Call me Shermuqfil. I've gone through many names, ghostwritten many stories, but now I want to try my hand at writing something original, preplanned and outlined, for the world to see.

I am joining this forum in hopes of polishing my skills further. My favorite authors whom I've discovered from this platform are nobody103 (Mother of Learning) and mooderino (The Good Student, Deeper Darker, his collection of short stories).

I'm into very broad fields and dislike hyper-specialization. My field of studies, my job, and my hobbies rarely intersect. 

My favorite genres are time travel, mystery, and slice of life with romance. I'm a sucker for nostalgia inducing manga and anime. I like to watch anime, but more than that I like reading fanfiction of said anime after it ends, exploring how different that world could have been. If possible, I would like to live as a character in all of the hundreds of stories I've come across. 

If you've got questions, feel free to ask. ^^

Welcome!

You picked a good place to polish your skills. Hope your time is fruitful here :)

Thank you. 

Do any of you recommend any threads I should visit?