Re: Reviewing Rules

Hi all,

I have a question about whether a review left on my fiction violates the rules or not. The review in question is over two weeks old, and titled "Promotions of pedophilia. Reported." Not what anyone wants to see attached to their work, I'm sure you'd agree. Having received nothing but silence on the topic despite my support ticket or reporting of the review, I'd thought I'd ask here instead.

My work does not contain paedophilia; However, what my work does contain (something also mentioned in the review) is off-screen/fade-to-black intimacy between the 16-year old main character (female), and an older individual (male) who is at least 10 years older. I know that's not something everyone is happy with, and I've received a reasonable amount of feedback in that regard from some readers, but as far as I can tell it does not break any of the rules of the site.

To me, it seems like such a serious claim, that is obviously false, should be against the reviewing rules. But, perhaps I am mistaken? I would appreciate some feedback on this.

The moderators used to be extremely quick about responding to reports and support tickets, but it appears something has happened recently to make it more difficult for the team to keep up, from what I have noticed. They are usually quite good about removing reviews that make misleading statements like what appears to be the case here. I don't know anything about your story to defend/disparage it but if it's not in violation of the site rules then it's a problem to have a review like this.

Thanks. I've asked readers to downvote. Still not happy as it seems like the exact sort of thing that should be removed by a report. In my opinion, it does not bode well for RR's future if it takes weeks (or longer) to get such review violations dealt with. It's bound to be abused. I'm sure it's a lot of work, and not very fun work at that, but it will definitely impact authors other than myself negatively.

Unless the moderators have just put me on their s*#£ list, of course. Doesn't seem justified to me, but it's not like I can do anything about it.

Kurast Wrote: Unless the moderators have just put me on their s*#£ list, of course. Doesn't seem justified to me, but it's not like I can do anything about it.

I think being ignored is the ideal situation for you, because according to the admin himself (refer to this thread), any stories involving sex with characters under 18 will be deleted, or asked to make changes. I doubt not depicting the act itself will help you much. It's simply against the rules.
Edit: Looking closer, it appears it actually is safe, so long as nothing explicit is shown. My bad if I caused any increased blood pressure.