Re: Newbie Here: Hi!

hi, guys! i’m tilly, and i’m new here. i have literally no idea what i’m doing, i barely know how to work the site yet, but i was looking for somewhere to post my work outside of wattpad, since the only other sites i know of are for fanfic only. i mostly like writing cute stories about girls falling in love with each other, and i occasionally write really bad poetry. i’d love to make some friends and find some cool books to read. 

iamayane Wrote: Hi, welcome to RR. I joined up a few days ago, and so far the community seems pretty friendly so I'm sure you'll make some nice friends. 

I've also come from Wattpad to try and find a new place to post my writing. I wish you luck in your cute stories about girls falling in love with each other  peogentleman

thank you so much! i’ll check out your work. (also, is this the proper way to reply? quoting the post?)

Drew Wrote: Hi teenytilly, and welcome! I'm sure you'll find a following here and I wish you luck. Does your poetry span the gamut of topics, or do you write poem about anything in particular?

hi there! thank you so much for the encouragement. i mostly just write poetry about my own experiences. emotions, my past, the things that i enjoy.

Welcome and have fun!

you can @teenytilly someone's name, though a quote works as well. Make sure to write outside the quote block, so it's easy to see who wrote what. In many cases I actually replace the quoted text with just '......' if the quoted text doesn't matter that much and it's more so people know who i reply to

Cheers

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. I also migrated here from WattPad. Been seeing a lot of that recently. The community here is great and I'm sure your stories will find a good audience. Lots of great stories here as well. One I think you might enjoy is https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28970/hands-held-in-the-snow  I hope you have an enjoyable experience here. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. I also migrated here from WattPad. Been seeing a lot of that recently. The community here is great and I'm sure your stories will find a good audience. Lots of great stories here as well. One I think you might enjoy is https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28970/hands-held-in-the-snow  I hope you have an enjoyable experience here. Good luck.

thank you so much! i read over the synopsis of the book you recommended, and it sounds fantastic. thanks so much for the suggestion. i wish you luck too!

Oskatat Wrote: Welcome and have fun!

you can @teenytilly someone's name, though a quote works as well. Make sure to write outside the quote block, so it's easy to see who wrote what. In many cases I actually replace the quoted text with just '......' if the quoted text doesn't matter that much and it's more so people know who i reply to

Cheers

thank you so much for the tip and the welcome. it’s very appreciated!