Re: Offering Free Reviews!

Hi, I'm here with a voracious appetite for things to read! Whatever your story is, I'll gobble it up and give you feedback. Seems like a good deal, yes?

Simply reply to this thread with your story title and synopsis, and I'll give you a review! 

Do note that I will only be reading under fifty chapters and leave a review detailing my experience from start to wherever I end up.

Very simple and straightforward, and I will be truthful in my remarks. Go ahead and leave a reply below!
Also it'd be really like, cool and stuff if you gave me some feedback on my story, "Universal Insurgent" as well... You don't really have to though... Unless..?

Oh boy, that's a lot of reviews to make. Here's a list of the things on my reading list:

1. Ragna: A Young Girl's Failure to become a Hero - by YAK Edge
2. Reverse Reincarnation - by Tejoka

3. Aeonica - by David Musk
4. A Stranger in Sorcererstown - by Jon Wander
5. The Dweeb Prince and the Eight Cursed Princesses - by HashBrown
6. Neon - by Wil King
7. Hands Held in the Snow- by Thedude3445 (because you were really nice, and I happen to be awake :))

Other entries will be listed tomorrow and marked PENDING until I have vacancies on my reading list. Expect your reviews within this week if you're on the above list.

Sure, I would be up for a review for my story Ragna

Family; love; a promising military career to become a heroic Valkyrie – Ragna Griffin's life was perfect. However, when her kingdom brands her a terrorist, it all falls apart. Caught in the center of a conspiracy, she's forced to flee from the very people she had sworn to protect and sets off on a journey to clear her name.
As she explores the world outside her kingdom, Ragna must face the cruel and complex reality of the real world. Each day, her mind and convictions drift closer to their limits, and her dream to become a Valkyrie slips further away.
In the end, will she persevere or shatter?

Thanks for your offer, I'll gladly take you up on it.
My story: Reverse Reincarnation:
Synopsis:
When an ordinary grad student awakens in a strange world brimming with Qi, she realizes she's like a transmigrator from a cultivation novel. Also, she's apparently the Imperial Princess and supposedly her soul went on a journey involving a life on Earth.
Well, it's better than nothing after death, and there’s a whole new world to explore and study. With magic and sentient spirit animals!
But it's not all fun and games, and when it sinks in that she died and this is her life now, she questions what her own identity even means. And there's a hard road ahead of her, because being the heir apparent to the Empire is a heavy burden. Especially if you feel the need to make the world a better place (and well-intentioned megalomania is completely ethical, thank you!)
But she has to face a few other issues:
Her Mother is awesome-scary and hiding things.
Her special ability is nice, but there are stronger ones possible, and her siblings might get those.
She'd really like to get laid, but the hot maids are not helping.
Sects and barbarian invasions? Why does she have to do everything?

I would love a review, and thank you for the work.

this is a world built on power and dreams. Every living being with a dream will strive for power, walking down their path. In this world there is many paths to walk: warriors, wizards, perfectionist, ancestors, shifters, rulers, angels, devils, demons, and countless other paths. those seeking power will take what they want and carve out their own.

This is a story of a youth who only dreams of freedom. He grew up in the slums as he starred death in the eyes. He survived the cruelest slaughter in the city. He was used as a tool for other people dreams. He was sacrificed for the so called 'greater good'. But he survived the countless endeavors, and he grew into a monster from the sea of corpses.
they drove him mad, and they drove him into wanting the most absolute freedom. But in a world where every dream requires power to fulfill it, freedom requires the most.

My story: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33629/countless-dreams

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33327/neon

In a future where it never ceases to rain, Joel finds himself alone on the streets after curfew. How he got there is not clear, his memory is fragmented. Is it being rescued to find yourself in a sex club? Past, present, and future are interwoven, somehow there must be an answer? Perhaps, he is the answer? And what about the other boys? What about the planet? Is there a future?

I would like a review please.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31014/a-stranger-in-sorcererstown

Synopsis:
"The ancient city-state of Sorcerstown, the world’s capital of magic where the most legendary wizards, warlocks, and royal mages learned their secret craft was nothing like what the Stranger expected it to be.

Not a sorcerer has drawn breath there in years, only sorceresses fill the Great Schools of Magic and the petty squabbling between them has grown into full-blown war with the money vaults, spellbooks and armories thrown open to call and empower the best mercenaries, cutthroats and killers from all corners of the map and blast anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in the middle.

That middle is where the Stranger decides is the best place to ply his own unique set of skills in a daring plan to make pawns of the powers that be and reach an endgame opposed to all other factions in town.

But with the arcane arts being thrown around like sling stones, suspicions running high with everyone from the new hires to the headmistresses of the Great Schools and a looming threat of a supposedly unbeatable warrior on his way to the battleground of the once a great city-state it doesn’t take much for a wanderer’s plans to earn him nothing but an unmarked grave.

It’s all or nothing in here in Sorcererstown and in this deadly game everyone is playing for keeps.

Let’s begin."

I would take a review! :)

Aeonica

Aeons once ruled the world with a power called Ethermancy. They reigned for centuries until a human faction called the Templars overthrew them. Now, their empire lays in ruin and the surviving Aeons hide in every corner of the world.

Nahlia is a librarian’s apprentice who’s obsessed with Aeon lore. She'd read about their powers, but she never imagined she would wield them.

But when the Templars attack her family, Nahlia is forced to infiltrate a secret academy and rise beyond everything she’s ever known.

I'll be kicking myself if I just barely missed out on the list, but I'm also really glad you are doing this, let alone even considering doing ones after the initial six. But if you really do want to do more reviews after that, then I would be honored to have you review Hands Held in the Snow. The story is ending in just a couple weeks, though it's well over 50 chapters already so that won't be of much relevance to you.

Here is the synopsis:

Quote:Aspiring priest Beatrice dreams of saving the world. Delinquent debutante Emi dreads her looming engagement to a distant noblewoman. A chance meeting in a library ignites a flame of love in their hearts. But, as the pair explore the wintery city of Balarand and each other, they must contend with their relationship’s uncertain future. Only by walking together hand-in-hand can they face these obstacles for the sake of their futures.

Hands Held in the Snow is an LGBT+ fantasy romance about a bookworm and a brat at the cusp of adulthood.

This is  a very generous offer! I started writing my story recently and it would be good to get some feedback.

My story is called The Legacy of Eloria

Synopsis: In the world of Aluvriel, legend speaks of the grand city of Eloria that was once lost to the darkness. It was said to contain relics of a lost age that could change reality itself. Many brave souls searched for Eloria and the wealth, power, and glory that would come with its discovery.

After six centuries, Eloria is finally found. However, one thing that the legends never mentioned was the terrible danger that lurks within.

What will happen when things that were lost are once again brought back into the light? These discoveries could be for the good of all, or they could doom the world to eternal ruin.

Thanks!

Aha! A free reviewing service? I shall desperately and unashamedly climb my way to the top of the pile!

(For real tho, don't feel like you have to do this if you're getting too overwhelmed. Reading should be a pleasure, not a chore <3)

Behold my synopsis!

In short: Twins try to progress in a world where there is no limit to one's strength. Their mentor is tired of cultivation society and just wants people to be nice.
When a mystic has reached the peak of their world’s growth, they are able to ascend, leaving it behind in favor of a higher, more potent plane. Since the dawn of existence, ambitious prodigies have pushed the boundary of what seems possible, ascending beyond countless worlds in search for the peak.

Kiro… is not one of those geniuses. However, his twin sister just might be. Secluded on a border world and selected for their talent in fire mana, the siblings are unknowing participants of a centuries-long experiment, hosted by a powerful eccentric on the verge of immortality. Follow the twins as they learn of and attempt to escape their predicament, before venturing out into the wider world(s).

Link in my signature, if you think you'd be interested in that type of story.

I would definitely be interested once you get through with your backlog.

MDA is here. I'm told it starts rough, but it gets better.

Synopsis: Plaire Stevens moves into the cool new house she bought on the internet. Quickly discovering the house is more than just a house, Plaire is drawn into a world of nightmarish creatures, government cover ups, modern spellcraft and talking buses. Technically a sequel to Blood is Mine, but you don't need to read that to understand MDA.

I'm down for a free review. My story is longer than 50 chaps (~2k words each), but would still love your honest opinion.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29406/atk-0-crit-all-my-attack-stat-is-negligible-so

Synopsis:
Having been summoned to another world, Claude Evers is devastated to find out that he has no attack or magic proficiency. In a world of swords and magic, Claude endeavors to become his master's...chef? Despite this turn of events, he soon finds himself relying on his wit and strange abilities to stand by his master's side. With such fearsome enemies in this world, what solutions can Claude hope to cook up?

I'd be up for this:

Story:  Old Man's Game - Wanderer

Synopsis:

Old Man's Game is about an old gamer in the midst of a broken life and failing marriage getting an offer to be a paid beta tester for the world's first full dive VR MMO being developed in secret by a powerful tech company.

The story mostly follows Marcus (the Old Man) with detours to his wife while she investigates the company and potential conspiracies therein.

Currently, 3 Chapters plus Prologue coming in at 47 pages.

Hey, if you find some time I'd definitely welcome a review. I'll add yours to my list and I'll give it a look.

They Who Rule

Synopsis: 

On a mysterious island controlled by an enigmatic Conglomerate, the Tu'i hold court.

Existing outside of normal understanding the group attracts the attention of the highest and the lowest, accepting all who wish to challenge them. Regardless of place or time, all candidates are welcome.

In the tournaments held by the Tu'i, the only real winners are the Conglomerate and the Tu'i.

Then allow me to join the bunch. My work, The Beast nad The Swallow, is a historical romance/fantasy/action story. It might not be your cup of tea at first glance but do try it. I promise, there is enough action, schemes and solid world-building to compensate for any eventual genre-deficiencies.

Quote:In a far-away land of snow and mystery, the fates of two bastards entangle. He is a warrior and a ruler. She is a physician with a tormented past. Now both of them will have to learn not only to live together but also to fight against any and all that threatens to ruin their happiness. Amongst chaos, schemes, and war, will they manage to fulfill the most difficult task - finding the way to each other's heart?

So many interesting titles already!  I would love to add mine to the mix, though if you are swamped I hold no ill-will at being skipped over ^__^
Please consider mine IF it looks like something interesting to you.

It's basically a "reborn" title where the MC is a die-hard robot/mecha otaku programmer/toy designer and gets to become a robot in a fantasy world where magic is basically code.  Because you can't have a "reborn" without cheat skills, his are Dev Access to the magic source code and crafting abilities.

Heya!

Looks like you're pretty busy, but when you get through your current list... I'd love it if you'd take a look at my webnovel!

Here's the, ahem, synopsis...

Quote:The world of Melodia is a place of eternal winter. A land that has seen war between men and elves, and then peace by the will of the god Elicia. Peace, by her Law, made reality by the combined hands of her many Archons and their countless armies, and by the blood of the Viziers who serve in their name as guardians and murderers at their beck and call.

This is, within this world, the story of Elena de L'Enfer and all who cross her path, be they friend or foe. She is a Lich, an eternal, ancient and bloodless fiend. An elven teenager, a sorcerer made eternal by dark magics from another era by the blessing of gods long dead to the world, a Vizier in service to her enigmatic (and sometimes very whimsical) Archon mistress, Nhaka Mezalune.

And so, she fights, and she dies. Over and over. Doing battle, without hesitation, against all manner of fiends and monsters, be they men, elves, or eldritch horrors far beyond even the darkest fathoms of the gods. It is, after all, the duty of a Vizier of the Eye, and of all who walk a similar path. That by their hand, the world of Melodia may live another day, and that the Empire of Arcadia might endure.

After all, a Lich's life, eternal as it is, can be very, very expendable.

Oh, and here's a link as well!

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25805/acacia-chronicle

Earths Eulogy

In July 2057, all life on Earth was wiped out by thousands of meteor strikes. Two men survived because they happened to be in the seed vault on Svalbard Island. An alien from a civilization far more advanced than our own sends them back in time to AD 70 with all the supplies that could be found in the seed vault. Will they be able to change the timeline enough that humanity can survive the extinction event of 2057.

Please note this story does not whitewash history. The Empires of AD 70 did things that would be called ruthless by our times. Things that we would consider war crimes were considered honorable. Superstitions that would horrify us today were commonly practiced. Things like child marriage were not just practiced, but for much of the world was expected. If these things bother you, then you know how the main characters in this story will feel.

Thank you.