Re: Feedback swap

Hi everyone!

I'd like to propose an exchange of reading each other's stories (at least enough to get a good sense for them) and giving feedback. If that includes a review, great, but if not, that's okay for me, too. I'm mainly interested in getting feedback on the story.
What I'd like: Detailed feedback, with at least a bit said on each of the major fields. I'm pretty confident in my grammar (feel free to prove me wrong :D), but thoughts on plot, characters, dialogue, pacing, etc. are appreciated. You don't need to write much, just pointing out a few thing (you need to work on your style, I like this character, ...) would be nice.
What I offer: the same, of course.

My story: Reverse Reincarnation - If you like xianxia with a smart female protagonist more interesting in figuring out the world than seeking a harem or winning all the tournaments, give it a look.

Important note: I reserve the right to say 'no' to a swap. Honestly, we're all busy people, and I don't want to spend hours reading something I don't like. Besides, if your story is from a genre I don't like or has pet peeves that annoy me a lot (*cough* too many sound effects *cough*), I don't think I could give you good, unbiased feedback, anyway.

I like the look of your story, but I should warn you that I tend to be quite bluntly honest in my feedback. I'm reportedly very bad at conveying my thoughts without coming across as harsh, so I understand if you'd rather find someone nicer, but if you're willing to risk critical comments I'd be happy to put you on my list.

My story is entirely set in a game and something of a refutal of standard litrpg tropes, which also means it has some less than popular storytelling decisions. (Underpowered and flawed FMC, no romance, world with glitches that other people than the MC exploit, etc.) I understand this sort of story can be offputting, so if you'd rather pass I wouldn't be offended. ;)

Best wishes!

Quote:i am up for it, if you are willing to exchange.

Sure! Let's do this.

Quote:ok let's do this :) 

Let me know if you like the story and would like a swap.

Yes, I would. Cheers!

Quote:I like the look of your story, but I should warn you that I tend to be quite bluntly honest in my feedback. I'm reportedly very bad at conveying my thoughts without coming across as harsh, so I understand if you'd rather find someone nicer, but if you're willing to risk critical comments I'd be happy to put you on my list.

My story is entirely set in a game and something of a refutal of standard litrpg tropes, which also means it has some less than popular storytelling decisions. (Underpowered and flawed FMC, no romance, world with glitches that other people than the MC exploit, etc.) I understand this sort of story can be offputting, so if you'd rather pass I wouldn't not be offended. ;)

Thanks for the warning, but I'm definitely willing to risk critical comments. I'm not thin-skinned and bluntly honest feedback is usually more valuable than polite niceties.

Your story sounds interesting, too. I might not read all of it as it is pretty long (at least compared to mine :D), but I'll read enough that I feel I can give you good feedback.

C.R. Wrote: I would be interested. I will reach out when a pm when I get time. Right now I am a little busy, but I wanted to respond to get on your radar.
Of course, I'll be waiting for your message!

Romance Wrote: I've listed down the type of reviews that I want on my author's note section of the first chapter of my story, you'll see when you get there.

Story Name: New Return of the Condor Heroes 2006
Genre: Romance, Adventure, Crossover, Fan Fiction, Ongoing
Tags: #MaturedMainGirl #MaturedMainGuy #OnlyLovesMainGirl #Couples #Wuxia #Qin's Moon
Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/34087/new-return-of-the-condor-heroes-2006

Summary:

A Romance Adventure Love Story that combines the Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 TV Series with the Qin's Moon Chinese Animation Series. 

The story focuses on the Mohist School who rebels against the Great Qin Empire that had conquered the 7 States at this time and had united all of China into one big state. The story also tells about the rivalry between two disciples of the same sect and their different paths that they will choose in life which will determine even the fates of the Kings. Within all of these chaos also appeared two lovers who's love, they would not let the world around them or others decide for them.
Sorry, I don't know either of the series this is based on, so I don't think I could give you good feedback.