Re: Introduction (yes, really)

Hi everyone!

Unsurprisingly, this is an introduction thread. It's very nice to meet you!

My name is Tejoka (and I spent way too long trying to come up with a pen name before settling on my first idea). I'm in my early twenties, a grad student at university, and I'm a hard-core bookworm. I've also been a writer for years. I've finished several novels and even published one through a (very) small press a few years ago.

Being here is a bit of an experiment. Usually, I plan my novels in detail, but for my soon-to-be webnovel, I only have the important characters, worldbuilding and some plot points. It's going to be structured in arcs, and I may change them around depending on feedback. I'm really hoping to learn and improve, hopefully with the help of some constructive feedback. Of course, I'm going to be reading and commenting/reviewing, too!

My novel is the typical "transmigrated to a cultivation world" type except that a) the MC is supposedly from there originally, but b) doesn't remember it, and c) there are other transmigrators. (Also, she's a little bit of a mad scientist type who intends to make the world a better place, eventually, even if she has to conquer stuff first.)
At the moment, it's still pending approval. If you're interested, I'll hopefully have the link in the signature soon, or edit this post (if that's okay?).

Hello there and welcome!

Once you have the link in your signature, all you have to do is come back here and click 'display signature' if you couldn't already do so and it should pop up. I know some people say posting on the forums isn't the best way to get a lot of readers, but every single one counts. I'm pretty sure I got at least a few through here, so just keep checking if there is anything interesting.

My nickname is from the books of David Eddings, he's an old Murgo senechal who is never more than a side character for a side character :p So I kinda cheated there.

I'm not too big on the cultivation genre, the only one I've enjoyed so far is 'Defiance of the Fall', so I can't give any tips for the genre. I can give the tip of reading the FAQ (under 'support') or at least parts of it and some of the assistance and debate topics.

Best of luck!

edit: My novel was approved pretty much within hours of sending it in. I'm really curious how the whole process goes

Hi! I'm new on here as well, and also a grad student (the struggle is real, haha). Congrats on publishing, that's incredible! Since I'm just getting started, I don't know how valuable it would be to you, but I would be down to do some feedback swaps, but if that's not up your alley, I would be interested in checking out your work regardless. Welcome, and good luck! 

Thanks for the welcome, both of you!

And thanks for the tips, Oskatat. I've already read through the FAQ, and I'll definitely check out the forum areas you mentioned, and try to post a little. It's good to know the signature should work like that.
For the approval process, I'd love to know how it works, too! Maybe they just google the title and text to see if it pops up somewhere else :D

And hi Empyreus! I'm definitely down to do some feedback swaps, just send me a PM. And good luck to you, too!

Welcome to the site mate!  Your story idea sounds interesting and I've added your book to my "to read" list.

My name is just my name.  I could use the screen name that I've had for the last 20 or so years but I thought that would look "unprofessional" so I didn't.. but now I see no one is using their name-- even on their covers.. which makes me think that their intent is not to sell their eBooks... :shrug:

Xian Wrote: Welcome to the site mate!  Your story idea sounds interesting and I've added your book to my "to read" list.

Thanks! I hope you'll like the story.

Quote:
My name is just my name.  I could use the screen name that I've had for the last 20 or so years but I thought that would look "unprofessional" so I didn't.. but now I see no one is using their name-- even on their covers.. which makes me think that their intent is not to sell their eBooks... :shrug:

I think it's probably just because everyone does it, so it doesn't seem unprofessional. I think most of the people who publish novels from here as actual eBooks (on Amazon or wherever) do use their real names for those publications. Maybe it's also because people don't want their real identities associated with their writings here if they're early attempts or experiments or just what people think of as 'trash'. I don't know. For me, even if I was going to publish traditionally I'd use a pseudonym.