Re: How to get review?

Not sure if you meant review (as in the title) or viewed (in your post), so I'll put my thoughts on both here:

How to get views/reads:
First of all, post new chapters somewhat regularly, but certainly not too fast. It doesn't have to be daily, though weekly might be pushing it. Even every other day or three times per week gives a decent amount of exposure. You're not going to get all your readers in your first few days, far from it! When people start reading when you already have 30-ish chapters posted, they'll be invested in the story and often willing to wait quite a bit on the updates, as long as they can see you're somewhat regular. One of my favorite novels updates with three chapters every Friday. Totally worth the wait.

What you don't want to do is post everything you've finished so far with a pace of one page every hour. It will likely give you one day of good exposure and that is it. Not everyone checks 'latest updates' every day and when I do it, I search back to 'updated 6 hours ago' or so, so it's better to be there every day rather than to be at the top for one day.

Now you're on the 'recent updates' list, what you need is a synopsis that catches the attention. This is an art in and of itself, comparable to the 'elevator pitch'. You have a limited space to sell people your idea, but for a novel you don't want to give away the plot. It needs to give a fair idea on what to expect and be interesting. 

I took a quick look at yours and would like to add another point: It needs to be (mostly) correct grammar, idiom and spelling. I can quickly count 5 errors in your synopsis alone, one being a word that absolutely does not mean what you intend it to mean (anomality means 'uncountable', I think you meant anomaly, a strange phenomenon). Many people here, including me, have a fairly high tolerance on errors. Still, if the text that is supposed to tell me why I should read your book and not another already requires me to turn on my comprehensive translation, you create a barrier to getting started.

Reviews:
I've worked at a hotel for years and the basic principle is the same. Out of every 30 or so happy people, 1 will leave a review and maybe 3 will leave a rating. People who are mostly neutral generally don't leave a review, but 1 in 10 or so will leave a rating. Unhappy people have 1 out of 5 leaving a review and another 2 leaving a rating.

A lot of people are just here to consume. Just did a quick look through the membership list, plenty of people registered for 5 years or more, 3 comments (chapter and forum combined) and 0 reviews, and that is fine. You could try asking for reviews in your author's comments, but I suggest waiting with that until you have some chapters posted. People leaving a review after reading just one or two chapters tend to be the haters.

Hooking in on the synopsis, make sure it doesn't give weird expectations. If your synopsis is very funny to draw in the readers, but the novel is quite serious, people will feel deceived.

A good way is, as mentioned, a review swap. I read a post there that there are somehow scammers there too? But you can always remove or edit a review you've given someone if they don't keep their end of the deal.

Still, on normally written reviews, keep in mind people are much more likely to leave bad reviews than good reviews. If you get one or two, it doesn't mean other people are not enjoying your novel, they're just not leaving a review. Don't let it get to you. If you feel like it you can also contact people who leave bad ratings or reviews, but don't really explain why they didn't enjoy it, to ask if they have suggestions on how to improve.

As a non-author I would say that views are bound to bring reviews. And, as a picky reader, I have to say that I usually focus on two things before reading a novel that I find interesting.

1) I look at the author's others fictions. I don't like to see an author with 3+ novels going on at the same time because it makes me feel like he/she won't put enough effort into the proyect that I want to read, and there's also the fact of whether that author has a history of dropping novels or not. I'm not going to read a novel that has higher chances of being dropped than others (This mostly applies to new novels, not when they already have 50+ chapters).

2) I look at how often the author updates. Everyday updates are a bad sign. Inconsistent updates are a bad sign. Specific schedule that is followed to the letter? Eye catching. The author replies to comments and makes sure to give his readers any important news about future updates? I'm sold.

The review swap and what ppl have said before are true as well, I just wanted to give you a different take/approach that you should consider when expecting higher views/reviews.

Quote:I ) I look at how often the author updates. Everyday updates are a bad sign. Inconsistent updates are a bad sign. Specific schedule that is followed to the letter? Eye catching. The author replies to comments and makes sure to give his readers any important news about future updates? I'm sold.

I can be relied upon to publish at least three chapters a week, but days vary because my work schedule days are by necessity flexible. 
Interesting idea you have keeping the readers in touch when things come up. 
For instance, I received in the mail something this evening that I wanted to use as reference for my current story arc three weeks ago!

For the curious, they are the two South America and one Black Market supplement for Rifts. 

So, most likely, I'll be looking through those books instead of publishing my latest chapter tonight.

Typically, when I give my readers a heads up I do it on the post chapter remarks of the latest chapter. From your perspective as the viewing public, is there a better place?

Olviddha Wrote:
Quote:I ) I look at how often the author updates. Everyday updates are a bad sign. Inconsistent updates are a bad sign. Specific schedule that is followed to the letter? Eye catching. The author replies to comments and makes sure to give his readers any important news about future updates? I'm sold.

is there a better place?

As the previous poster mentioned, the synopsis section is a great place. Before starting to read a novel, most of the time, if not always, the reader focuses on the synopsis. If I notice that the author left a note saying he can't upload X day or until X day is fine by me. It tells me the author is invested enough in his schedule to the point in which he has to let his readers know. Adding a footnote at the end of the chapter for those who are caught up is also a great consideration.