Re: Graphic Designer- will make a book cover in exchange for a review of my story

Hello RM,
That sounds like a fair trade. I would be happy to work with you. I have a background in traditional publishing. Much like needing details to make a cover, I would need details of what you are looking for in a review such as:

Line editing - looks for flow, tone and clarity, and will point out problems such as run-on sentences, clich├ęs and pacing.

Copy editing - reviews content for punctuation, grammar, and spelling

Content review - A more author based approach focusing on organic flow of dialogue, character arcs, and conflict resolution.

Let me know if you would like to proceed.

Cheers!

Re: Graphic Designer- will make a book cover in exchange for a review of my story

Hello there!

I will gladly read and review your story. To be honest, since the authors you mentioned have ultimately motivated me to start writing myself I was going to do so anyway (especially Rothfuss and Lawrence).

My story isn't published yet, as I have only two finished chapters as of now, but if I can get my hands on a cover similar to the one above I'd be more than happy to write a detailed (or short, if preferred) review for your story.

If you have any specific criteria you want me to review or focus on, just say the word.

I'm perfectly happy to do this exchange! If you check my novel, https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33295/summon-imp , the cover I'm using now is a decent guideline. The MC is properly monstrous, not a human/monster hybrid. Unfortunately the rights of it don't belong to me but to Wizards of the Coast, but as long as I'm not making any money off of this I should be good.

My wishes are: A somewhat darker theme, focus on the face of the monster and specifically that it is a monster - more bat-like in appearance than humanoid. I found some decent references by googling 'scary bat mask'. The impression I'm hoping for is 'dangerous' monster without tipping over to horror. Extra nice would be if around the edges/over the edges of the cover is a summoning circle. Not the pentagram one, but a fantasy one with glowing runes and such

Sounds do-able?

I now realize my request is a bit like the one you did for Ragna, but with an imp instead of a human :p I'll leave it to you if you want to base it more on the image I'm using now, the one I suggested about using mostly the face, or just use your own inspiration. I promise to not be too picky :)

The circle in blood red, naturally, it's about a demon (tiny little demon) being summoned to do people's dirty work, like cleaning the flues

I'm going to start reading tomorrow, see you around!