Re: Want to get self-inserted into a Gamelit story? Here's your chance!

First off, mods, if this thread isn't allowed or is misplaced, please let me know. I don't want to break any rules and am unsure of the proper place to put it. Thanks :)

Update 9.02.20 - If you see this thread at all, I am still needing usernames, don't let the time that has past stop you from posting :)

So I am writing a game lit story where millions of players around the world got pulled from earth and dumped into the bodies of their characters in an alternate reality. If you've heard of Log Horizon, you understand the set up. I am getting to a point in the story where I need more player characters (mostly minor characters). I want the names to feel authentic (like gamers you'd actually know) and I figure what better place to get help with this than the LitRPG community!

The game system is your standard class-based MMORPG. There are 11 classes split into 3 categories:

Knight Classes
Tank - Sentinel. Has the highest resistances of all tanks, skills are based around their shield. Can 1 hand 2-handed weapons. Low mobility, but hard to move.

Tank - Dragoon. Slightly less defenses than a Sentinel, skills are based around stave-type weapons and their mounts. Some shared shield skills with the Sentinel, cannot 1 hand 2-handed weapons.

Attack - Sword/Stave Saint. Name depends on weapon specialty chosen. Some cross-weapon skills are shared. Sword Saints can dual wield (as in they have specific skills geared towards it, anyone can wield 2 weapons at once). Mid-tier mobility offsets melee range. Stave Saints can use their staff-type weapons ranged.

Attack - Ranger. Standard archer class. Low mobility offset by some of the highest range in the game (Max level Rangers can rival earth snipers for range)

Mage Classes
Attack - Sorcerer. Wide variety of offensive spells for any enemy type. High spell variety is offset by longer CDs and mid-level mana costs. Special abilities come from chaining similar spell schools together. Extremely low mobility and mid level range.

Mixed - Summoner. Utilizes a tome or grimoire to summon minions for any situation. At a high enough level, can even summon sentient beings. High utility is offset by extremely high mana costs. Low mobility.

Support - Caster. Crowd control spells and utility buffs. Great for controlling the flow of mobs. Low spell variety, low mana costs, low CDs (but there are diminishing returns on casting the same spell on the same enemy). Low mobility, but slightly more range than other mage classes.

Support - Druid. Standard healer, earthy/nature themes across spells. Spell variety includes ally buffs in addition to healing. Low spell variety, low mana costs, moderate CDs.

Warrior Classes
Tank - Berserker. Highest HP of any class in the game; offset by low defenses and an inability to use armors. High mobility, great for kiting mobs. Only class in the story with an ability to break crowd control on self. At a high enough level, becomes invincible for a short duration when health drops low enough. Only other class besides Sentinel that can 1 hand 2-handed weapons.

Attack - Rogue. Standard stealth class. Mixed Range and and melee usage. At a high enough level, these players can literally become invisible. Only class with the ability to hide/change their name/player information from others (NPCs can utilize a similar skill). Stealth attacks can result in big crit hits.

Support - Bard. Magic class that channels their mana through music. Long duration spell effects persist after music ends. This is offset by the spells being less potent than a Druid or Caster's spells. Can make music out of literally tool. Role can be played off-tank.

Now for the unfun part:

Names do have 2 requirements:
1. Must be PG-13 (aka no "xXx_PUSSYSL4YER_xXx")
2. Must be readable in narration. Characters and numbers are allowed for system dialogue/narration, but there must be a readable nickname for story narration/dialogue. Names can even be in another language.

Examples of names in my story so far: [N]ix (Nix), Saiph, Ara Aurora, W3aver (Weaver), Sinnamon Roll, Jack-O-Lantern, Lueur Rose, Lunette Soleil, Halzy, Wisteria Leothalis, C4551 (Cassi or C4)

Please only offer assets that a player would be able to come up with in a game (ie. Character usernames/names, player Guild names, general background/personality of your character). There are Subclasses and Professions (including specialties), but this story is a WIP, so they aren't fully fleshed out. If you have a general idea for your character's build, you can suggest it, but please don't offer specifics (aka, do not suggest a named subclass or profession).

I would ideally like this thread to be a repository of characters and ideas that anyone in the litRPG community could borrow from if they are trying to write a story with a large number of minor players. You don't need to read my story or even be interested in it to offer a suggestion. You can be as general or specific as you want and you can submit more than one player. If I use your character(s), you will get credited in the description of the story :)

I'll offer mostly what I'd play because I'm not super creative. I used to have a character in an MMO named Salvation that got called Sally, so there ya go for name. 

Tend to play tank so I'd probably play sentinel. I love me a big old sword, heavy armor if I can get it, darker colors if it matters.

Personality, I'm a smart ass. I give friends grief when they screw up and take a good chunk of jokes in return, usually get frustrated if we lose at fights or games often, shamelessly try to min-max because I'm competitive. 

Not sure if this is enough of what you are looking for, feel free to comment correct me or ask for more! Hope this helps out a bit. 

Hey if your still looking for characters, why not try @nd3r (Ander) the bard? Able to use anything he picks up as an instrument, it just so happens that he's not that good at it... but even so he can play the guitar/lute like there's no tomorrow.

Personality: The guys a bit of an ass, but the loveable kind y'know? Talks a bit too much and gets into everyone's business, and many think he dumb (and to be honest he's a bit slow) but he can get out of a sticky situation if need be. He's honestly in the game to enjoy it and not much else.

(Yes I know this doesn't count as a self-insert, but an idea is an idea no?)

I'll allow you to borrow my character, Carl the Awesome. He is a Tank-Sentinel, Sorcerer, Druid, Berseker, Rouge (all the cool stuff). He defeats enemies with ease and is extremely honorable, kind, good-hearted and just. All the girls love him, but his heart belongs to only the most beautiful maidens of all, Chunchunmira. He is very proud of the fact that he is often compared to Earth's greatest hero, Don Quixote. His only flaw is that other players avoid him because of his delusion of grandeur.

My dude's an arachnid-huma. In other words, he's a humanoid with spider-like features, namely nine red eyes (closes five of them usually) and four arms. Wears a white long-sleeved dress shirt with a red bow-tie, black slacks, and is barefoot. Maximum level Knight-class swordmaster, uses one large sword with a long handle. Applies more hands to the grip the more power he needs, but can use his fists in a pinch. Incredibly tough, but has abysmal social skills. His name is Thaddeus the Spider. (btw his bow-tie is the most enchanted item he owns - improved power, speed, reflexes, etc.) In terms of ability, he could rival a dwarf in enchanting weapons, though if you asked him to enchant a toilet to work properly he'd like likely fill the base with lava and call it a day. He enchants all of his own gear and blatantly refuses to enchant others' gear, convinced they want to take advantage of him somehow.
Not sure if you wanted to use this as a gag, but his full name is Serthrek'nrahag'hanmyzoberezzanzyrfrektzaneygrazbeynitfaltivorizzitikhanagyra (yes I can pronounce that, it's not just gibberish). Most just call him either Serth or his preferred name, Thaddeus. It's possible to get his full respect by saying his entire name backwards.
He absolutely despises humans, but gets along with them because 'they're the primary species'. Seriously, though - no tsundere here. Beat him and he miiight like you, but the odds are low. He literally sleeps with that sword.
More often than not, he only teams up with others because he needs a buff or a healer or something, but he's extremely confident in his own ability, perhaps too much so. He's proficient with the bow, but not like three-hundred-meter bullseye. He has a grand total of seven friends in the entirety of the multiverse, but only one of them is human. He speaks firmly, not loudly, and doesn't mince words, though he doesn't talk much to start with. Not a quiet person, per se, but he says exactly what he thinks of the given situation/person, no matter how powerful or royal they are. He's brutally honest (if he had betrayed you and you asked, he would have no problem telling you he did, regardless of whether he believes he stands a chance against you), which means that his word is taken for granted frequently. He often insults people in... less than subtle ways. Again, he's as blunt as his sword is sharp. 
"That was an incredible strike! (observing fight)"
"Of course you would say that."
"(not sure if it's an insult or a comment) ...okay?"
In other words, he's an antisocial DPS/tank with all his points poured into strength and health. A Thaddeus-sounding quote if you want it - "If the best defense is a good offense, the best offense is an impenetrable defense." 
His gamertag is AngrySpider330 (wink)

Good luck on your story!

Well, I have these two from an all human campaign:

Stabitha (A rogue/assassin)
Necronancy (Self explanatory)

Then I have the goblin brothers:

Mal Practix (A healer who is not, in fact, good at healing)
Kal Lateral-Damage (mage who doesn't understand the radius of their aoes)

Then the random half-elf:

Inma Krosshairs (archer)

/edit 
I can provide back ground and greatest hits if you want to use any of them.  Or just the names, it's all good

Gimm Easmile - some kind of support (I used this name once, actually)
Glimm is a bit of a talker. He likes to tell stories (truth optional) and amuse people. He has a way with words and can carry an argument or a discussion, in fact, he can carry both ends of it and sometimes does. While he doesn't believe perfect harmony is required or even desirable, he does believe a team should work well together. Letting your likes and dislikes carry over into your work is unprofessional, which is worse than just being lazy. His love for talking sometimes makes him oblivious about when he should shut up. Despite this, or maybe because of this, he is surprisingly observant about people and situations. In a fight he prefers to hang back and assess the situation. His sharp eye and clear communication can turn the tide in a battle.

Woodchucker - axe-man, because 'How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood'
He doesn't really care much about anyone except himself and his friends. He won't do anything bad to you, because that won't be right. Neither will he help you, because it's none of his business. Likes to stay on the fringe of activities and quietly observe until it is time to take action. Is hard to insult or anger since he doesn't care about your opinion anyway, but surprisingly belligerent if you manage to earn his ire.

Saiph Wrote: Attack - Rogue. Standard stealth class. Mixed Range and and melee usage. At a high enough level, these players can literally become invisible. Only class with the ability to hide/change their name/player information from others (NPCs can utilize a similar skill). Stealth attacks can result in big crit hits.

Name: Carnivac

A detailed breakdown of who/what he is can be found here:
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33827/automata-annex/chapter/519561/character-prime

Feel free to adjust as needed for your story should you choose to use him ^__^

A common dispository is a fun idea, nice. 

Hogweed Le Burn. Hoggy tends to play rogues or rangers and is incredibly taciturn. Really, if she can get away with just body language or one-word sentences, she will. She's fond of music though and you know she's listening because she isn't humming. Has the somewhat creepy tendency to hum eerie lullabies while sniping.

Ironically however, as few words as she use while speaking, she is somewhat prone to break out into spontanous and overly-dramatic singing a la Disney musical, hinting at a sense of humor underneath her seriousness and one-word-per-sentence tendencies. Anyone who can improvise well enough to sing along, she'll basically love forever. 

Fond of the plant aesthetic. 

I shall offer my username for this community.

Strand, a name short for stranded. 

Strand is a lone character and a sword genuis therfore his class is of course sword saint.

He likes to laugh at anything he hates to hide it. 

He finds all acts based on malice amusing and likes to see the result and sometimes just interferes to make things more interesting.

He does not act even if he finds two strong people fighting he will not interfere even if the side of justice is losing.

But if a weak innocent is being bullied he will help. 

An attack mage that specializes in explosions and fire spells. The name could be "Bomb1Tor" (this is a name I use online, and to my surprise I found out that I am probably the only person who uses it) and I think it can be cool. As Bomb1Tor sounds like bombs and stuff and it will fit the character. As in appearance, I think you will know best if you ever choose to include dear old Bomb1Tor. Good luck with the story!