Re: Translating novels from here

Pretty sure stealing an authors work to post elsewhere is (a) criminal and (B) will get you banned from most sites, Regardless of whether you post translated copies or not. Its still theft, plagiarism. If you want to work with an author to offer translation services, talk to that author, work something out, and get it in writing.

Wing Wrote: If you have the author's permission, you can post the translation on Royal Road  peoeyesparkle

Wait, we can do that? I have never seen a novel written in another language that is not English. Is there any specific process that you have to follow in order to publish your work in another language? Or is it that it has always been allowed but never done because everyone writes in English?

I don't see any language requirements in the ToS at a quick glance. You might have to wait a bit longer before it is approved though.

@ivan moraes - in the faq of this site is a little bit dealing with posting a story not your own. Most non-pirating sites are roughly the same on this. First, get permission! Second, make the proper references and credits! Third, make sure the website you're posting at is informed (if they require it)!

If an author gives permission, I recommend the author to put a little note at the bottom of the synopsis for it. Something like 'portugese translation here'. You, in your synopsis, have to link to the original work, name the author and, if applicable, the artist of the cover art if you get to use it (also requires permission). Letting the website know with various proofs of permission is a courtesy usually, but may save you some time if any indignant readers think you stole the work.

White Wrote:
Wing Wrote: If you have the author's permission, you can post the translation on Royal Road  peoeyesparkle

Wait, we can do that? I have never seen a novel written in another language that is not English. Is there any specific process that you have to follow in order to publish your work in another language? Or is it that it has always been allowed but never done because everyone writes in English?

We have stories in other languages, but they are few and far apart. Just submit the book the same way you would submit any other story in English. 
We process it exactly the same way we do with all the other fiction.