Re: Books with amazing writing style

I'd hesitate to offer up a published book based on its authors style. Especially as a pattern to emulate. There are several unique styles authors come forward with, I'm a fan of Rodger Zelazny's, appreciate the unique approach of Terry Pratchett, The classic punch to the head of Alfred Bester, many others, but style is something you develop for yourself. Yes you can emulate others, and everyone does some homage to their favorites. But none of those will be unique to you. That is something you grow, not something  you learn.

Well there are a lot of different styles out there and it can be largely idiosyncratic.
If you're looking for published works it might be best just to check the 'look inside' option on amazon.
Some suggestions on anyway:
Robert E Howard and H.P. Lovecraft for highly descriptive prose.
Elmore Leonard and Dashiell Hammet for a terse, hard-boiled style.
Dean Koontz for writing interesting asides and observations on the world of the story.
Just some suggestions from off the top of my head.
PS: A recent review of the fiction in my signature said the following:
"Style is one of the areas where this story really excels, and though there are a few nitpicky things I'd improve in the description of the local environment, the writing style evident in this story is engaging and meshes well with the environment itself. It feels gritty, and the story is served very well by the descriptive prose."

Here are two web fiction stories I would highly recommend for their writing styles:

Endless Stars, a fantasy book starring dragons that has some of the better prose I've ever read. The descriptions are vivid, the settings are rich, and the rhythm is strong in nearly every sentence. Keep in mind it was cancelled, but there's still 800 pages of content for you to dive into.

As the Godking Wills: A completed fantasy-comedy about characters trying to run a kingdom while ruled over by a God who is a very flighty broad, to say the least. The description isn't particularly extensive, but the prose is so sarcastic and deadpan, using the varying POVs of the cast to provide lots of tongue-in-cheek humor and portray most of the cast as idiots. It's only 200 pages so there is 0 reason not to study it.

Jack Vance has a very unique style, cynically funny and descriptive for the pure joy of language. From Liane the Wayfarer

Quote:Through the dim forest came Liane the Wayfarer, passing along the shadowed glades with a prancing light-footed gait. He whistled, he caroled, he was plainly in high spirits. Around his finger he twirled a bit of wrought bronze—a circlet graved with angular crabbed characters, now stained black.
By excellent chance he had found it, banded around the root of an ancient yew. Hacking it free, he had seen the characters on the inner surface—rude forceful symbols, doubtless the cast of a powerful antique rune . . . Best take it to a magician and have it tested for sorcery.
Liane made a wry mouth. There were objections to the course. Sometimes it seemed as if all living creatures conspired to exasperate him. Only this morning, the spice merchant—what a tumult he had made dying! How carelessly he had spewed blood on Liane's cock comb sandals! Still, thought Liane, every unpleasantness carried with it compensation. While digging the grave he had found the bronze ring.
And Liane's spirits soared; he laughed in pure joy. He bounded, he leapt. His green cape flapped behind him, the red feather in his cap winked and blinked . . . But still—Liane slowed his step—he was no whit closer to the mystery of the magic, if magic the ring possessed.

There is no Epic Loot Here, Only Puns... 
is not that exceptional in the writing as such, what is noteworthy is the ability of the author to jump consistently between the different PoV of various characters and weaving those different views together into one coherent story without it becoming a confusing jumbled mess. I've seen it fail a few times, but I'm enjoying this one. The characters have a unique enough feel to them that I can recognize very fast in whose head we're passengers at any time, without being one-dimensional

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/15935/there-is-no-epic-loot-here-only-puns