Re: Promote your favourite author or book.

Wake of the Ravager is a good one. Although people seemed to be put back by the slight genre shift from fantasy into sci-fi. Although the sci-fi elements are light and it stays in fantasy so far. It is still ongoing with chapters scheduled for Tuesday. Wednesday, and Thursday every week, but the author regularly skips chapters and makes up for it a few days later.

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/25878/wake-of-the-ravager

The Wizard of Quintz is almost on the level of a publishable novel, especially since the author got a professional editor to edit it. It is a litrpg with no one able to see the system except the MC Merl, but Merl can't read. It is pretty slow but its characters are realistic. Give it a try for a fantasy story with light litrpg elements even though the litrpg is a major plot point. It desperately needs more ratings so give it a try. (dont judge it by it's cover)

Link: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36071/the-wizard-of-quintz

Marg_Naroth Wrote: Try my book. Just click the dragon there. It is free and i could help a little feedback. My book is not my favorite book though.
Hey! I said no self promotion of your book. Not cool not cool at all... and to the rest of the people who have contributed to the list, thank you. I was not able to login to my account for some personal reasons and had half expected the thread to be dead. But it was a very pleasant surprise when I came back. Thanks for keeping the thread alive, looking forward to more of your contributions...😊

1. Graven
  • Completed
  • Bingeable 
  • Fast-paced, action-packed
  • Likeable characters 
  • Thought out narrative with a certain bittersweet feel
2. Six Chances (Illusionary Six)
  • 1k+ pages
  • Bingeable
  • Complex, likeable characters (main and side)
  • Seems like its been thoroughly plotted out
  • A+ world building
3. Romantically Apocalyptic 
  • Homestuck-feel but refined
  • Bingeable
  • Beautiful art
  • Quirky characters
  • Nothing really like it on this website
  • Mysterioooouuuus

Hey here is my list of favorite Fics on this page.

RE: Monarch (ongoing)
This is a Timeloop story I really enjoy, if you like Grimdark and Mystery I definitely recommend it to you.

REND (ongoing)
If you want to peek into a mind of a really well written psychopath then REND is perfect for you.

Just a Bystander (ongoing)
This one I particularly like because of the insanely well written magic system (no LitRPG though).

very cool discussion, thanks for the many recommendations, made a list of recommendations and I will start reading. I really like to read, my favorite book is ATLAS SHRUGGED (RAND, 1957) - a book that motivated me to be different and go to the end even if the whole world is against you. from the latter I liked Surrealism (Taschen Basic Genre)  by Cathrin Klingsöhr-Leroy. I wrote an essay on it in college with a good resource https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/surrealism/ and enjoyed reading it. I didn’t go deep into surrealism before, but now I looked in a new way. A Briefer History of Time Stephen by William Hawking is my favorite scientist and idol, and I love every book of his.

AmberBrown Wrote: I really like to read, my favorite book is ATLAS SHRUGGED (RAND, 1957) - a book that motivated me to be different and go to the end even if the whole world is against you.

Wasn't the whole point of the book about giving up in the face of adversity? Like, John Galt seeing a world that has turned against the "doers" and decides to run away and create his own secret town rather than actually confront the problems that are ravaging society? I remember the whole point of the title was that it referenced a Greek myth in which Atlas had the weight of the world on his shoulders, and when it got too heavy, he said "F*** it" and shrugged, letting it drop.

As for promoting stories that are on Royal Road, I like The Enhanced Beings Collective. It's a collection of superhero stories in progress, and I think is supposed to simulate a shared universe with multiple comic book titles. It's not perfect by any stretch and has some flaws primarily in narrative word flow, but it's an enjoyable story nonetheless. I think there's about 18 issues and I got caught up last night. Definitely worth the read if you enjoy superhero fiction.