Re: Promote your favourite author or book.

Edited post:

Hello everyone, 

It seems that my feeble attempt at making a 'public to read list' with the help of my fellow readers, by asking them to promote their favourite stories which are published here at RL, failed spectacularly. So I am going to kill the restriction placed on the number of stories you can promote. And I'll keep adding my favourite stories. If you are interested in joining me, post your  favourite stories in this thread. The restrictions no. 3-5, from the old post still stands, that is;
  1.  The story must be from RR
  2.  All the stories should be ongoing or completed ones ( so no stories on hiatus )
  3.  No self promotion ( For a change let others promote you this time )
Original post

Hi guys,
                  Have you ever felt that a story you read here at RR or an author is soo awesome that you want to declare it to the whole world, then this is your chance. Post a list of five stories, a short description about it ( if you feel like it). Happy? Then here comes the chains;
  1.  No more than 5 stories per post 
  2.  and no you can only post once
  3.  The story must be from RR
  4.  All the stories should be ongoing or completed ones ( so no stories on hiatus )
  5.  No self promotion ( For a change let others promote you this time )
If you like, I'll post this same thread every month, so you can promote more than five stories. How about it?

Here is my list then.
  1. Mother of Learning ( Completed)
  2. Spirit immortal        ( Completed)
  3. Delve                      ( ongoing)
  4. Horizon                    ( Completed)
  5. The Menocht Loop    ( ongoing)
  6. Parallel Timeline       ( ongoing)
7.  Just a Bystander.              ( ongoing)        8. Vainqueur the dragon ( complete)
9. Asleep - A LITRPG story (ongoing)

Happily.

1. Trickster's Luck - Ongoing. 
Deep, detailed VR litRPG with plenty of fun, strategy, exploration and mystery. Hard to describe without spoiling the best bits.

2. The Glyph Queen - Completed. 
Near future sci-fi fantasy, great fast-paced intrigue with macro social consequences, smart characters and surprising twists.

3. Dungeon Crawler Carl - Ongoing. 
Comedic (and terrifying) buddy cop apocalypse litRPG with the PR/social dynamics angle of the Hunger Games. Bonus if you like cats.

4. Graven - Completed. 
Superhero urban fantasy with fascinating exploration of powers. Not dissimilar to Worm (but at a tiny fraction of the length).

5. Cinnamon Bun - Ongoing.
Feel-good litRPG with excellent execution, satisfying interactions and progression and a very likeable main character.

I've got so many favorites it's hard to choose, so I'll list my favorites that don't have nearly enough followers!

1. Katalepsis (Ongoing)
"Nightmares and hallucinations have plagued Heather Morell all her life.
Diagnosed with schizophrenia as a child after the loss of her twin – a sister who never really existed – now struggling with her mental health at university, Heather teeters on the verge of giving up on life. A chance meeting ends in a revelation: she is not crazy, her visions are all too real, and probably want to eat her soul.
Embroiled with a crippled, bad-tempered magician and her self-proclaimed ‘bodyguard’, Heather rapidly descends into a world of terrifying magic and otherworldly monsters, in an effort to stay sane, bring back the dead, and maybe, just maybe, make out with cool older girls."

2. Astralfice (Ongoing)
"Yesterday, Astrid's biggest concern was how to pay her rent. Now, an encounter with a beautiful and seemingly immortal young woman has shattered her once-normal life. Astrid is drawn into a dangerous tournament, in which competitors pilot giant robots in wrestling matches. Will Astrid be able to help her team to victory, or will her social anxiety get the better of her?
Astralfice is a web serial about love, anxiety, found family, and gay kids piloting giant robots."

3. Curse Gunner (Ongoing)
"Helena Aoede is is a master of curses, combat magic, and snide commentary. And also completely broke. So when a woman who needs a curse removed shows up at her apartment, it seems like a solution to her problems.
Unfortunately this curse is backed by a raging inferno of hatred, and it seems it won't relent until it's sated with blood.
Then again Helena's never been shy about shedding blood herself.  Especially if she gets to decide who's blood it is."

4. Synth (Ongoing)
"To be a synth is the greatest privilege an individual could be born into. What greater purpose or grander sense of fulfillment could one hope for than to be a tool of King Decon, the ruler of the Galaxy?
09T07 doesn’t know what more they want, but they know they’re missing something. Friendship? Intimacy? This seems to be the answer when they find others who are also not as King Decon intended them to be. However, how long can such things last among tools to be used and discarded? And how  far are they willing to go to protect their loved ones in the face of duty?"

5. Path of the Whisper Woman (Ongoing)
"For as long as she can remember Gimlea's mother has trained her to become a whisper woman--to do what she never could. When her mother takes her to see the goddess's procession Gimlea makes a vow to see that path through. But not for her mother's reasons of vicarious power and accomplishment. Gimlea will become one of the goddess's chosen so that she no longer has to be under anyone's thumb.
And she will do whatever it takes to make that happen"

I hope this gets popular and we can do it again!

Aside from the first one, the ranking of the other 4 doenst mean much honestly
  1. The Wandering Inn : By far the longest story i have ever read, and also my absolute topfavorite on the site, and honestly nothing i can say, can do this story justice. Of course i know it has its low points, like volume 1, or Ryoka, which make it harder to read, but despite all of that, i still absolutely love it.
  2. The Eagle's Flight : One of the best written stories on this site with published levels of quality, think the story of being somewhat like GoT, and that would come close.
  3. The Ogres Pendant : One of the best styles i have ever seen, just so amazing to read, also reminds me of the fantasy stories of previous century, that came out when the genre was still new.
  4. Epilogue : Just a beautiful story, and a really tragic one, hit me right into the feels with that ending.....
  5. A Journey of Black and Red : A really good vampire story, that captures the essence of what a vampire actually is like, without the bullshit of stories like Twilight.

Zethuron Wrote: Aside from the first one, the ranking of the other 4 doenst mean much honestly
  1. The Wandering Inn : By far the longest story i have ever read, and also my absolute topfavorite on the site, and honestly nothing i can say, can do this story justice. Of course i know it has its low points, like volume 1, or Ryoka, which make it harder to read, but despite all of that, i still absolutely love it.
  2. The Eagle's Flight : One of the best written stories on this site with published levels of quality, think the story of being somewhat like GoT, and that would come close.
  3. The Ogres Pendant : One of the best styles i have ever seen, just so amazing to read, also reminds me of the fantasy stories of previous century, that came out when the genre was still new.
  4. Epilogue : Just a beautiful story, and a really tragic one, hit me right into the feels with that ending.....
  5. A Journey of Black and Red : A really good vampire story, that captures the essence of what a vampire actually is like, without the bullshit of stories like Twilight.
jeez, that's 3 for TOP with me, vowron and now this.

Hmmm. Well, you guys know most of the big names out there, so I'll rec some of the newer fics that interested me.

1.  Ben's Damn Adventure - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/32411/bens-damn-adventure-the-prince-has-no-pants - Sci-Fi themed litRPG. Interesting take on humanity and the system. And its got that can't put down feel that just keeps you turning its pages.

2. Stranger than Fiction - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33510/stranger-than-fiction - Fantasy/LitRPG. Really snarky system. And I somehow really like the writing style. Kinda lore focused as well, without feeling like its leaning on you.

Actually the humor in both of them is great. I was laughing my ass off the whole time.

SCI-FI & FANTASY are the main two genres in this list, so skip over it if you are looking for something else.

I'm not describing the books but giving an opinion on them, so click on the link(name of the books) to read the description and a few reviews to make up your mind.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Andur yet(Guess I'm the one this time), he was the one that got me to the royal road but here goes my list

1. Coeus

It's by Andur and I would recommend any and all books by him. I didn't mention any other book by him to use my 5 slots wisely.

Coeus because it's Sci-fi fantasy which is right up my alley, almost all of his stories are fantasy so to all my sucker's for fantasy try everything by Andur.

His books are easy to read with impeccable yet down to earth grammar and writing style.

The plot is always good, few of his books even have the same characters, I mean his MC and ML reincarnate and always end up together and don't realizer until the later

2. Song of the void

It's sci-fi fantasy too but the author has 4 more books with 3 completed and one ongoing and it seems he has planning to bring all his Main and few side characters from different books into one shared universe in this 5th book. I would recommend every one of his books too and to read them it the order of publication

While it's gonna end up in a shared universe the plot and style of the stories are very different to the point when I didn't even consider it until a short teaser at the end his books.

Grammar and plot are on point and his ever going fandom is there to knit-pick to make it nothing less of perfect. Vihyungrang

3. Tress of aeons

I don't really know how to describe why I am recommending this book, while reincarnated as a tree sounds great and that is the soul of the story it just has soo much going on that It doesn't do it justice to call to an isekai. The world-building, the tree skills, the side characters, the lore, everything keep you under tight rapes and never let you go. I came to see tree skills and stayed to figure out the cluster fuck of my imagination running widely every arc.

Grammer has no flaws but the plot is for you to decide, I recommend it because I felt pulled in and that up to preference, so give it a treey and either root yourself or fall away.

4. Post human

DAMN! I called in sick to read this book, the quality, the plot, the style everything is addicting but only for people into sci-fi cause, this is hardcore sci-fi. Not gonna say anything else and the reviews did a stellar job to show their appreciation so click on the link and see if it's to your liking.

5. Blue mage raised by dragons

I wouldn't normally recommend this book but by limiting to 5 books to recommend I had to go through my favourites to add this in, not because it's not up to mark in quality or plot but that its a light-hearted fantasy. Something you read and enjoy the flow of prince in shining armour squished by a blue dragon while the princess dreams of adventure that is getting squished, something to read while having quite afternoon tea and vodka.

Well, gentlemen, hope this helped few couples of you at least one to these gems that were and are worth my time and maybe your's too

I wanted to boost a pretty obscure story that's just starting out but looks quite promising: Shade Touched
It's written from the perspective of a fantasy creature in a fantasy world. Sure, there are some typos here and there and it's very much a work in progress, but for the most part the narration is solid and I've really been enjoying it so far and think it deserves more attention.

Another neat story that's just starting out: What Happened to the Mouse?
It's a really ambitious undertaking in that it's an interactive novel where users can learn more about the characters and setting through comments, as well as ask questions and solve riddles to unlock extra content and clues. Solid narration and an intriguing mystery that the readers get to solve! The problem is that this interactive format doesn't lend itself that well to a constant stream of uploads, which makes it harder to get noticed on RR, and I'd hate to see this really cool idea languish in obscurity.

My list, hope it's noticed because even though there are stuff considered objective, I can be subjective in saying these are the bestest greatest stories I've ever read. Oh and I will include some which are on hiatus simply because it's worth reading them. I will try to avoid popular stories and go straight for the hidden gems.

In no particular order:

1. Azarinth Healer (Ongoing)

Some of my friends and my brother do not like this novel, but if you have a thing for characters too stubborn to die, I think you are going to love this. Also, the fights are amazing and the sense of exploring the world is thrilling!

2. Universe Online (Hiatus)

This guy may be collecting hiatuses like drinking water, but darnit if he ain't good at writing. Specifically, this novel I would argue was good enough to read even if it's hiatused. Be on the lookout if he ever decides to continue this story again because it's just that good.

3. The Zombie Knight Saga (Ongoing)

This author also had his history of hiatuses, but honestly, who doesn't? Anyways, this is a semi-immortal too shy to speak main character. The fights are amazing and the world and character development are one of the best parts of this world.

4. The Daily Grind (Ongoing)

Time to escape from the too stubborn to die characters and on to the boring life of a desk worker... not! Dungeons, monsters, exploration, weird stuff? It has it all! A very good story that I'm honestly surprised and saddened to see not more people reading it.

5. Delve (Ongoing)

Do you love me I mean math? Well, this is a story for you! Jokes aside, intriguing characters and the amazing system that the author has created makes this novel more than good enough to be recommended.

6. Dreams Come True (Hiatus till next year)

And so we've come back to the hiatused novels... what can I say, to find the best you have to weather the thorns. One of the most intriguing novels with the worldbuilding to go. I am eagerly waiting for the author to come back and continue this gem, and honestly, you should too.

7. Legends of Gods. Tale of Vjaira. (Hiatus)

With an author that is forever too busy, another one on the hiatus recommendations! Warning for the yaoi parts of the novel, but the rest is so good that I would recommend you to read this even if you dislike yaoi. You probably read about amazing character development and worldbuilding a dozen times in this comment, but here I go one more time. It's a recommendation from me, a person who doesn't like yaoi, recommending this novel.

SmolShrimpa Wrote: I wanted to boost a pretty obscure story that's just starting out but looks quite promising: Shade Touched
It's written from the perspective of a fantasy creature in a fantasy world. Sure, there are some typos here and there and it's very much a work in progress, but for the most part the narration is solid and I've really been enjoying it so far and think it deserves more attention.

Another neat story that's just starting out: What Happened to the Mouse?
It's a really ambitious undertaking in that it's an interactive novel where users can learn more about the characters and setting through comments, as well as ask questions and solve riddles to unlock extra content and clues. Solid narration and an intriguing mystery that the readers get to solve! The problem is that this interactive format doesn't lend itself that well to a constant stream of uploads, which makes it harder to get noticed on RR, and I'd hate to see this really cool idea languish in obscurity.
ahahahaha. Reading this now is funny

Wick Wrote: So I don't know if I'm just not in on something or if everybody knows about the fiction but uh I love ELLC or Everybody Loves Large Chests it's a story that I believe to be simply amazing.

Oh by the way trigger warning for most everything you can imagine

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8894/everybody-loves-large-chests

While it was still ongoing it was regularly at the top of pretty much all of the rankings :p. It just dropped now as it is complete. Really good one though, and imo one of the best on the site!