Re: Story writer needs input on uploading chapters here. Thanks ahead of time

So when I write chapters for my stories, typically I write them up in word or LibreOffice. I do this so I can edit them more before putting them up on Royal Road. 

It works...

Until recently.

Lately when I go to copy and paste the chapter its dropping the formatting. This is a huge pain in the @$$ because its drops spacing, all formatting...basically everything. And editing takes a lot of time. 

If I 'paste as plain text' its slightly better but still not fully keeping all the formatting. Its worse if I just paste.

Is there a fix for this, or some kind of work around? 

Thanks. 

I use docs. I haven't had that problem. The only change that is made when I copy over is the double spacing for paragraphs, otherwise formatting stays the same. Then again, my formatting is very conservative. Just italics for thought bubbles, memories, and uncommon foreign words. No colored print, emojis, tables, etc.
When I copy back, however, I lose the formatting. 

I use OpenOffice to write, and it keeps most of the formatting when I paste.

The only bug I'm constantly getting is after doubling the spacing after every paragraphs (it's basically what happens with Google Docs but in reverse) I save and the text becomes all compressed, a complete mess, like I haven't done anything. Then I usually click EDIT, do nothing, save and suddenly it's all fine.

Magic, I guess. It's an annoying process but after nearly two years it's become a habit. At least it makes me read again every chapter one last time before posting them.

The best solution is to use either Notepad or Wordpad as a bridge.  The basic text editors. You would first copy the text from your source (Word, googledoc etc), and then paste it into your Notepad/Wordpad. Then, copy your text from Notepad/Wordpad and paste it into Royal Road. It mostly results in cleaner text and better formatting. This is much quicker than trying to fix broken content.