Re: How long does a deleted chapter stay available in the dashboard?

If I were to leave the site for a couple years, for instance, would they still be here when I got back? What about drafts? Would they stick around?

I'm assuming published chapters would be fine, but what about hidden author-only-access content? I know on ffnet things that aren't published disappear after a set amount of time, but I haven't been able to find the answer specified anywhere here.

[I'm definitely not planning to leave, just curious.]

EDIT: Thank you! I really appreciate the info. :)

I think forever. It does say it somewhere. It's so if you decide to reintroduce it it's there. But it will fill the exact same chapter spot when republished. I'm 89% sure. (I did look this up don't remember where I saw the answer though)

Edited to add https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/99955?page=1#pid833234

Also if you want to delete your chapters, your only recourse is to delete the whole story, and start from scratch.

If you care at all about the deleted content (or even your published content), you should have a back up of it somewhere else. Besides my story being published on RR, it's also saved locally on my phone and computer as well as available through Google Drive.

That includes old drafts, not just the version I've published. You never know when something in those old drafts might become useful!