Re: Slow Burns / Stories That Read Like Novels

This thread is dedicated to stores that tend to have slower, more drawn out plots. It's for the stories that are written by the author with the intention of turning them into novel length/quality works.

Anyone can post their serial here as long as they believe that it's bound to become a novel, or has a slower plot than the typical webnovel! At the same time, it would be great if readers shared ones that they've found to fulfill these qualities.

I'd like to promote mine for this topic. It's essentially the 1st draft of what's going to be a several-book space opera series. I wrote the beginning to start with a  bang, but when I'm done with 'book one' I'm going to fulfill a lot of prologue/backstory material, and even several short stories within the universe before getting started on 'book two.' It's going to be a long haul, if anyone's interested.

Looking forward to a thread full of long and entertaining stories!

https%3A%2F%2Fkentusauthor.files.wordpress.com...header.png

(link)
Categories: Comedy, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, litRPG, Harem (sort of), a bit of possible Romance

Warning: Tagged 15+ for Sexual Innuendos, Strong Language and Violence

Definitely a slow burner. The story is structured in volumes, but the volumes are small stories and I guess around 3 volumes would make a novel (well, it's written as a Light Novel series, after all). While the end-goal of the protagonist is to defeat the Demon King, the plan to break the curse first occupies atm everything of the story and it's all about the journey... literally. ;)

Shameless plug: Second Remnant Series

Trust gets you killed, and so does black magic.
Just as 17-year-old Seth Blackwell triumphs over his rivals in the local fighting scene, he’s faced with pain he’s never felt before. Broken hearts heal nothing like broken bones.
In the aftermath, Seth becomes a darker version of himself and falls for the pretty, new girl — Nicole Bauer — who participates in a world of bloodsport which he’d previously refused to tape up for. Taking her hand, he dives headfirst into the carnage.
Seth hopes that dating Nicole will help him heal, but soon he discovers hidden truths about her. Not only is Nicole pretty, but she’s also pretty dangerous, and now he’s on the run. Lured into a dangerous hunt where he is the prey, the only choices that remain are those destined to leave blood on Seth’s hands.
Enter a world of dark magic, where violent action is the only sure course of survival and no one is to be trusted.

It's ongoing with 7 books outlined and the third currently in drafting. So plenty of content remaining, and an over-arcing meta-plot for all of it.

Here we go! (I stole most of this from another response i gave to this  thread  hope you don't mind. I did try and cut out the less relevant ones, and add in some others)

[/url]
[url=https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28023/katalepsis]Katalepsis

(ONGOING, 1,800 pages, fantasy, horror, action)

Medusa and the blind woman
(ONGOING, 1,300 pages, fantasy, romance, drama)

Nora and the Search for Friendship
(COMPLETED, 1,300 pages, fantasy, romance)

Late Night at Lunds
(COMPLETED, 800 pages, fantasy, action)

Hyruh-ha
(COMPLETED, 700 pages, fantasy, drama, action)

I didn't ask to be the Demon Queen
(COMPLETED, 600 pages, fantasy, romance, action)

Path of the Whisper Woman
(ONGOING, 500 pages, fantasy, drama)

Glints Saga: The story of an ex-magical girl
(COMPLETED, 350 pages, fantasy, romance, action)

Ruins of Majesta - Blood and Cupcakes
(COMPLETED, 300 pages, fantasy, action)

Swords of Selene

Cold Steel Dig

A Hero Past the 25th
(COMPLETED, 250 pages, fantasy, action, drama)

Curse Gunner
(COMPLETED, 200 pages, fantasy, drama)

Words on a Screen
(COMPLETED, 150 pages, romance, drama)

hope you find something you enjoy!