Re: Handsome Voices Are Never Wrong!

Hello! I'm Sharkerbob, author Graven, and I've come to spread the good, nay, the Handsome word! I don't usually come to the forums much, so hopefully this isn't too faux paus, but I would like to present my new podcast with fellow web fic writer Elliott Thomas Staude!

In this weekly podcast, we talk about various topics centered around writing, stories, stuff we've read, stuff we've written, stuff we vaguely remember hearing about that one time maybe, etc. While mostly a casual conversation cast, we do try to start each episode with a specific story-centered topic in mind. Ideally, there will be an emphasis on talking about web fiction, be it serials, comics, other podcasts, specific works, etc.

If you're interested, here's a link to all the episodes thus far in a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh0zhGH7JPMmxSliezRvcCB5YX4rcCWVa

Enjoy!

EDIT: As mentioned below, we are new at this, and still figuring out the technical side. I've been doing my best to edit and balance the sound levels, but there may be some dips here and there. Episode Zero in particular was a test run, and I think I did a better job with later episodes, so skip to Episode One if Zero is too rough a start.

CoffeeQuills Wrote: peoapproval Best of all with your podcast!

I can clearly hear Shakerbob (a very handsome voice indeed), but Elliot's voice is harder to hear and keeps fading in and out, even with my volume all the way up. As the video currently is, I would need subtitles to keep up with what's being talked about.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we're still amateurs working with amateur equipment. I've tried to balance the sound levels as much as possible, but in the unedited record, Ell's track is usually really quiet and mine is super-loud, so its an effort to equalize them. Episode Zero is probably the worst quality and was mostly a test run, I'd say you could skip it. Hopefully the later episodes are more balanced.

Sharkerbob Wrote:
CoffeeQuills Wrote: peoapproval Best of all with your podcast!

I can clearly hear Shakerbob (a very handsome voice indeed), but Elliot's voice is harder to hear and keeps fading in and out, even with my volume all the way up. As the video currently is, I would need subtitles to keep up with what's being talked about.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we're still amateurs working with amateur equipment. I've tried to balance the sound levels as much as possible, but in the unedited record, Ell's track is usually really quiet and mine is super-loud, so its an effort to equalize them. Episode Zero is probably the worst quality and was mostly a test run, I'd say you could skip it. Hopefully the later episodes are more balanced.

Good to know, I'll check out the later episodes too!