Bizmatech Wrote: There are no stats. There are no [brackets] highlighting spell names. There is only prose. Why? It's not because the rules change. It's because It's because LitRPG is one of the most unnecessary subgenres ever created. Nine times out of ten, any LitRPG can be told just as well without any of the LitRPG elements.

Funny thing -- I noticed your post right after you posted it, and I remember thinking to myself: "Well, that's just begging for a fiery rebuttal. Won't be long before somebody starts telling him, in no uncertain terms, how 'wrong' he is!" 

Don't misunderstand: I wasn't interested in doing that myself. I just felt that someone who's a very fervent fan of LitRPG as a genre would be sure to take the bait! (I don't feel "hatred" of LitRPGs, the way you do, but I don't feel the slightest need to set myself up as their most loyal and outspoken defender, either.) 

So what surprises and amuses me, now, is the realization that it's been about a week and a half, and nobody has even tried to contradict you yet! I can think of various reasons why that might be so, but I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know which possible explanation comes closest to the truth.