Carson's Writing Prompt Challenge
This challenge series has been given approval by site staff, but is not an official challenge - there are no rewards for doing it, though I will give Reputation to anyone who completes the weekly challenge before the next one goes live.
Prompts will come in two styles:
Style 1: You are given a scenario to write about.
- You can include details of before, during, and after the stated prompt.
- You can include details starting with the prompt and following what happens after - but not before.
Guidelines for submitting the prompts:
Part 1: When you write your first prompt, submit it as the first chapter of a new fiction.
Part 2: The Fiction title must include "Carson James Writing Challenge", "CarJam WC", or "CJWC" in it.
Part 3: Chapter titles must include the prompt name or number.
Part 4: All future completed prompts will be posted as new chapters to this fiction, not under a separate fiction
Part 5: Only prompt chapters may be included in the fiction.
Part 6: The story must be tagged accordingly for any mature content.
Part 7: The chapter MUST be posted to the challenge fiction and verified after in order to count as completed.
And again, after completing the prompt and posting it, post a link to it here in this forum to show that you did so.
As this is a challenge, there are a few rules to keep in mind:
Rule 1: Chapters and scenes must abide by the prompt.
- Rule 1.2: Style 2 Prompts cannot have their openings changed to be different from the prompt, even if you expand on the prompt opening itself.
- Rule 1.3: Do not edit the prompt for the chapter/post. You can expand on it, but the details of the prompt itself must be present and as stated.
Rule 3: Abide by all site rules and standards.
Rule 4: Mark any chapter with sexual content as [NSFW] in their chapter title.
Rule 5: Keep sexual content in your prompt chapters to a maximum of one every ten chapters.
- Rule 5.2: NO EXTREME CONTENT.
While this challenge might be for fun, the rules are somewhat necessary to ensure some level of consistency between everyone performing the challenge. I will give bonus points to anyone who manages to create a story using the prompts, and even more bonus points if they do it without skipping any prompts. What are the points for? Absolutely nothing. But if you want to show off your points, then when you link your first completion here, ask me to add you to the list, and I'll add you into a list of challengers with their points listed for everyone to see.
Prompt 1: "The Boy and His Tiger"
- A boy of five years of age was spotted riding a tiger through the city.
- A girl around ten years old was spotted falling into a lake.
- The empress of Salurak paid her son a visit.